Ships Master / Ships Officer / Marine Pilot

CaptainR

Just got a request for more info this morning. Stat Dec for Bermuda will have to go to Aus embassy

Even I went to Panama Embassy in India and finally was able to obtain a reply from them through mail submitted all docs by 20th.after pursuing them for more than 2 weeks. Good luck to you too.

Even I went to Panama Embassy in India and finally was able to obtain a reply from them through mail submitted all docs by 20th.after pursuing them for more than 2 weeks. Good luck to you too.

And to you! Thanks, I'm on my way right now, luckily my ship is at a repair berth so I am able to catch the train. Will be there in 30 mins.

Did you get the statutory declaration? Why did you go to the Australian embassy?

Yes I got it certified rather fast actually! I was in and out in no time at all.

Stat decs need to be certified by a consular officer in person. Certain other people are able to certify but the list is very small and they have to be connected to Australia and also qualified in Australia.

Hi

Why did they ask for stat dec for Bermuda ??? I believe u had uploaded all required PCC'S upfront....

Because I've mainly sailed on Bermuda flagged vessels.

I only uploaded the UK PCC for myself and wife and also a NZ PCC for her also. I wasn't able to obtain a Bermuda one.

Now, Wish you a quick grant

Yes I got it certified rather fast actually! I was in and out in no time at all.

Stat decs need to be certified by a consular officer in person. Certain other people are able to certify but the list is very small and they have to be connected to Australia and also qualified in Australia.

Cleared my orals at Fremantle today. It was a quick one, out in an hour. Will mail the questions to captain c in a day or two. Thanks to all in the forum for all the help, most of all to Capt C.Btw Capt c, they did not ask for the basic stcw courses, however I managed to get my certs in time.

Congrats

Cleared my orals at Fremantle today. It was a quick one, out in an hour. Will mail the questions to captain c in a day or two. Thanks to all in the forum for all the help, most of all to Capt C.Btw Capt c, they did not ask for the basic stcw courses, however I managed to get my certs in time.

Congratulations dnp!

You're welcome! Great feeling eh?!?!

I lodged my application on 20th May but no contact by case officer as of now....

You may hear something in the next week or so.

There doesn't seem to be much by way of a pattern, some get direct grants quickly/slowly, others get a case officer early and wait for months for a grant and others get a case officer later and get a grant in the following few days.

I wouldn't worry too much, if you haven't heard anything by next week then maybe try giving them a call.

You may hear something in the next week or so.

There doesn't seem to be much by way of a pattern, some get direct grants quickly/slowly, others get a case officer early and wait for months for a grant and others get a case officer later and get a grant in the following few days.

I wouldn't worry too much, if you haven't heard anything by next week then maybe try giving them a call.

Quite true actually coz DIBP'S target processing time is 3 months (for 70% cases)..so I would wait for a week or so before calling them up....

Hello Captain C ,

Got a mail from DIBP to provide character stat dec as I was unable to provide a Panama PCC ,need to know how much time do Aus. embassy take to provide the same and do I need to carry email copy from DIBP along with my passport and form.

Regards,

Sierra

Hello Captain C ,

Got a mail from DIBP to provide character stat dec as I was unable to provide a Panama PCC ,need to know how much time do Aus. embassy take to provide the same and do I need to carry email copy from DIBP along with my passport and form.

Regards,

Sierra

The embassy don't do the stat dec, you do. They only certify that you signed it in their presence.

You don't need to take anything other than passport as ID to prove you are who you say you are.

If they require a character Stat Dec as you say then there is an example here > http://www.border.gov.au/Forms/Documents/character-statutory-declaration.pdf#search=Statutory%20declaration

Otherwise see http://www.ag.gov.au for more guidance.

Hi CaptainR

can you pls give me the list of questions asked as i too want to prepare prior giving exams for COR with AMSA

Thanks in Anticipation

Lloyd

Hi, I have just seen your post from last month, I think it was missed due to the link contained in it. Are you still looking for oral's prep material?

Hello Captain C ,

Regards,

Sierra

I think the only consular service desk in India is the high commission in New Delhi. See the link here >http://india.highcommission.gov.au/ndli/consular.html