Ships Master / Ships Officer / Marine Pilot

CaptainR

Can anyone pls. send me the format of good conduct letter from the employer as my company needs it to prepare the same for me .

Thanks

There is no format, it is just a letter to say that your conduct was good onboard those vessels.

It should include dates of employment and all other pertinent information and include a statement that your conduct was good at all times etc. It also should include the persons contact details and be on headed paper.

Was this something that DIBP have asked you for?

There is no format, it is just a letter to say that your conduct was good onboard those vessels.

It should include dates of employment and all other pertinent information and include a statement that your conduct was good at all times etc. It also should include the persons contact details and be on headed paper.

Yes Captain C I was asked to present a PCC for Panama as I have only sailed on those ships and also the good conduct letter from employer on 7th july.As it is clearly stated on DIBP that Panama does not issue PCC through mail and so I am planning to provide a company letter .Other PCC has been provided.

Yes Captain C I was asked to present a PCC for Panama as I have only sailed on those ships and also the good conduct letter from employer on 7th july.As it is clearly stated on DIBP that Panama does not issue PCC through mail and so I am planning to provide a company letter .Other PCC has been provided.

I think I remember one applicant a few months back being asked for a stat dec for a similar situation. Did DIBP say that just a conduct letter would do?

I think I remember one applicant a few months back being asked for a stat dec for a similar situation. Did DIBP say that just a conduct letter would do?

The mail from DIBP says I need to provide PCC with explaining text that If you have spent a cumulative total of 12 months or more in the last 10 years working for thesame employer on a merchant ship, cruise ship, private yacht or oil rig, you should request a

police certificate from the relevant authority in the country under whose flag the ship sails, or

country of ownership of the rig.

You will also need to provide a letter or statement of good conduct from the ship’s captain or

company attesting to your character. The letter should include the vessel’s name, the job you

had while on the ship or rig and the start and finish dates of employment.

Have been working onshore for last 5 years so just need to provide for other 5 years.

The mail from DIBP says I need to provide PCC with explaining text that If you have spent a cumulative total of 12 months or more in the last 10 years working for thesame employer on a merchant ship, cruise ship, private yacht or oil rig, you should request a

police certificate from the relevant authority in the country under whose flag the ship sails, or

country of ownership of the rig.

You will also need to provide a letter or statement of good conduct from the ship’s captain or

company attesting to your character. The letter should include the vessel’s name, the job you

had while on the ship or rig and the start and finish dates of employment.

Have been working onshore for last 5 years so just need to provide for other 5 years.

Hopefully this will be a quick fix and you'll get a visa soon!

I would agree with this

This might be required. but i did not submit this. I sent the employer letter upfront with application and stated that I could not get Marshall Island PCC. My CO, when assigned, asked for form 80 but did not talk about PCC at all.

That's good news for us all, stat decs are fairly difficult to get certified. Thanks for the info

189 visa granted

Congratulations

Chief mate s, how did you manage to record your sea service in the application. Were you able to claim all the years AMSA assessed you for ( including the sign off periods) , or was it just the sea time.

Yes all the year,

It was easy for me, I have over eight years of service with one employer.

Congratulations

Chief mate s, how did you manage to record your sea service in the application. Were you able to claim all the years AMSA assessed you for ( including the sign off periods) , or was it just the sea time.

Dear sirs ,

How many months sailing is required to claim 5 points for 3 years overseas experience ?

in my case . i have done 18 months as cadet + 18 months as 3rd officer with the same employer from 2008 to 2015 ( all on large ocean going ships ) .

Do i stand to claim 5 points for my experience ?

Thanks in advance !

You should have three years from your first day as a Third Officer to present (assuming that you are still employed but on leave)

Dear sirs ,

How many months sailing is required to claim 5 points for 3 years overseas experience ?

in my case . i have done 18 months as cadet + 18 months as 3rd officer with the same employer from 2008 to 2015 ( all on large ocean going ships ) .

Thanks in advance !

Dear sirs ,

Thanks in advance !

Is that 18 months sea time or time employed?

I think many on this forum get confused with sea time and time in employment.

There have been cases where an applicant has been asked about sea time by DIBP, however these are generally people who work contract by contract and are technically unemployed in between trips at sea, in which case I would recommend that these people should seek assistance from a registered migration agent.

Those who are fully employed by a company should count from the day that their employment began to the day it ended and not get caught up in the whole sea time issue which only serves to confuse things more.

Hope this helps.

Hi guys

I know a friend of mine who got his visa a month back. He had always worked on contractual basis but was able to claim all 15 points for experience (as mentioned in AMSA letter). DIBP considered all his experience including breaks between contracts..According to him DIBP just go by AMSA letter n doesn't bother about leave periods..Just have your contract letters, employment letters,salary slips & bank statements ready....Rest depends on case officer also ...

Regards

Hi guys

I know a friend of mine who got his visa a month back. He had always worked on contractual basis but was able to claim all 15 points for experience (as mentioned in AMSA letter). DIBP considered all his experience including breaks between contracts..According to him DIBP just go by AMSA letter n doesn't bother about leave periods..Just have your contract letters, employment letters,salary slips & bank statements ready....Rest depends on case officer also ...

Regards

That's definitely a good sign.

Thanks BJ

Hi guys

Regards

Hi bjsingh, good to know as i fall under the same category. How did he actually record his sea time in the application, as i believe some time back one person on the forum had trouble claiming all the service endorsed by AMSA. I believe what he was trying to record each trip/ship tenure individually. As to claim all the points one would have to enter dates starting from the first ship to an ending date of the latest sign-off.

Regards