Ships Master / Ships Officer / Marine Pilot

CaptainR

Ha ha, well the eBay seller had excellent feedback ;). That being said, none of my interactions with the MCA have ever been what I'd call the model of efficiency! Hopefully they pull their fingers out and get on with it soon! I'm tempted to call them myself.

I'm surprised AMSA can't just do it online. I have an MCA login to verify tickets on my ship. It take less than a minute and I can get full details of the ticket, including restrictions etc and a photo of the holder.

I'm surprised AMSA can't just do it online. I have an MCA login to verify tickets on my ship. It take less than a minute and I can get full details of the ticket, including restrictions etc and a photo of the holder.

Yes that was my understanding as well, they tell me they've verified my CoC but they're still waiting on my GMDSS, it's all rather odd.

Hi, I had cleared my AMSA oral examination / Melbourne on 17th March 2015

Received skill assessment Letter from AMSA, Canberra on 20th March.

Applied EOI (189) today / 8th April.

Good luck! I'm just awaiting IELTS results (this Friday) then I will also be applying.

The next invitation round is in two days so I will miss this round. I'll hopefully get in by next round.

If you have 65 or more points, you will be invited on 10th

I have 65 Points but my Agent had recommended to show less experience (5 years out of last 10 years) in order, not to over-claim "EOI".

Claiming for 60 points only (Sub 189). If not on 10th April, i might have to wait till 24th April.

My Sea / On-shore experiences as follows:

1998 ~ 2002 - Deck Cadet

2002 ~ 2009 - 3rd / 2nd / Chief Officer

2009 ~ 2010 - Marine Pilot (Major Port in India)

2010 ~ 2013 - Master

2013 ~ Till Date - Heavy Lift Port Captain / Marine Warranty & Claims (India & UAE)

Also regarding Educational qualification - I don't have a degree certificate.

AMSA letter does state that my qualification & Training is equivalent to Advance Diploma, but you never know?

Appreciated, if you can share some information on Experience & Educational qualification....

Greetings Capt C,

Just trolled through your thread. How did the IELTS go? Mine is under the belt now but AMSA orals is looming. Just got in and will be taking the AMSA in early May in Brissy. Would you please have any pointers/relevant material I could look at.

Thanks heaps.

Capt SJ

Good day Capt Deepak

As far as qualification is concerned master/chief mate coc's are considered equivalent to advanced diploma for which you get 10 immigration points....how much work experience did AMSA give you...

Dear CaptainR and Bjsingh

EOI I had claimed

Age 25 points (34 yrs - just lost 5 points)

Qualification- I had claimed 15 points

Experience- I have 8 years as per AMSA letter, but have claimed only 10 points (5 years out of 10 years)

IELTS- 10 points (7.5 in all)

That makes 60 points

As I had mentioned, applying thru MARA agent and he had recommended me to keep the point to minimum (claim 60 only) when applying for EOI. During VISA application it can be put accross to the case officer.

It Did sound better, not to over claim when applying your EOI.

Brgs,

Deepak

Dear Capt Deepak!

You will get 10 points for qualification.

About experience, AMSA assessment letter is useful. What does it state?

Based on your claim of 60 points, you are expected to get invitation on 8th May.

Hi Chief,

AMSA letter I got 8 years.

Why would it take till 8th May to get my invitation?

Next round is on 24th April!