Ships Master / Ships Officer / Marine Pilot

CaptainR

I have received my final skill assessment from AMSA. Dear BJ and Capt C, when did you do your medical?

Good day Chief Mate S

Congrats on receiving final assessment letter..I cleared my medicals on 13th feb and orals on 24th but havn't received the assessment letter as yet..When did you clear ur orals...

Thats pretty quick in ur case..

I'm still awaiting the initial skills assessment prior to taking orals after submitting my docs on the 20th of Feb, though apparently the hold up is with the MCA telling them my tickets are real. Glad some people are getting prompt service though!

I have received my final skill assessment from AMSA. Dear BJ and Capt C, when did you do your medical?

That's really fast. I had medical on 23rd Feb.

BJ, I wouldn't read too much into this and start worrying. AMSA probably have different teams working on these.

I'm still awaiting the initial skills assessment prior to taking orals after submitting my docs on the 20th of Feb, though apparently the hold up is with the MCA telling them my tickets are real. Glad some people are getting prompt service though!

Are they real? ;-)

Just to let you know, one of my crew has been waiting 7 weeks for CoC revalidation from MCA, it's meant to take 2. The MCA have really gone downhill of late.

That's really fast. I had medical on 23rd Feb.

BJ, I wouldn't read too much into this and start worrying. AMSA probably have different teams working on these.

Yeah you r right ...looks like thats the case with AMSA....Infact I contacted them today but got the same lame ans that my application is still under process...I wld hav enjoyed my weekend a lot better if something positive had come up....

Yeah you r right ...looks like thats the case with AMSA....Infact I contacted them today but got the same lame ans that my application is still under process...I wld hav enjoyed my weekend a lot better if something positive had come up....

Are you still in Australia?

Ok, I was just wondering whether your location might have something to do with the delay

Dont think so as in any case they r goona send it to my e-mail id...Actually they told me to check back on Tuesday....btw another guy who cleared his orals on 26th feb also got the letter today..wondering why mine is getting delayed...probably wat u said earlier is right....

Dont think so as in any case they r goona send it to my e-mail id...Actually they told me to check back on Tuesday....btw another guy who cleared his orals on 26th feb also got the letter today..wondering why mine is getting delayed...probably wat u said earlier is right....

Well I suppose to take the positives out of your conversation with AMSA.....they've received your application, you've passed the exams, I suppose now my only advice is to play the waiting game until they sign off on it. I honestly don't think that there is anything to worry about.

One point though, are your FF&FP, Adv FF, PST, and CPSC all less than 5 years old, or have you done the continued competence?

Well I suppose to take the positives out of your conversation with AMSA.....they've received your application, you've passed the exams, I suppose now my only advice is to play the waiting game until they sign off on it. I honestly don't think that there is anything to worry about.

One point though, are your FF&FP, Adv FF, PST, and CPSC all less than 5 years old, or have you done the continued competence?

I hav got all certificates in order including continued competency ones...As u said I shld be worrying much as few days more wld nt make much difference...

I hav got all certificates in order including continued competency ones...As u said I shld be worrying much as few days more wld nt make much difference...

If everything is in order it's just a delay down to them. I feel for you, but try not to think about it!

Enjoy your weekend!

Are they real? ;-)

Just to let you know, one of my crew has been waiting 7 weeks for CoC revalidation from MCA, it's meant to take 2. The MCA have really gone downhill of late.

Ha ha, well the eBay seller had excellent feedback ;). That being said, none of my interactions with the MCA have ever been what I'd call the model of efficiency! Hopefully they pull their fingers out and get on with it soon! I'm tempted to call them myself.

Edited by pashton86