Ships Master / Ships Officer / Marine Pilot

CaptainR

Hi Amit

Congrats on the grant. Am facing something similar to what you did with Liberia PCC. I've been stonewalled with Panama.

Could you advice on the following :

1. Did you only mail the failed communication thread with Liberia to your case officer of did you call & talk?

2. Did the car officer suggest the statutory declaration of you put it forward?

Your advice on this matter would be really helpful.

Thanks

Jiju

Hi Chief mate S

Looks like they take no less than a month to issue final assessment letter. In my case Its been more than a month now since I cleared my orals but still not received it...when contacted AMSA claims to have lots of back log....dont know wat wld be the final time taken..

Good day Captain C!

Have you received the email for final skill assessment. How many days after the oral it took for them to send you this email. I am still waiting for the email with attachment of final assessment.

Would appreciate if somebody else also knows this.

Funny you should ask because coincidentally it arrived in my email this morning.

Good day Captain C!

Have you received the email for final skill assessment. How many days after the oral it took for them to send you this email. I am still waiting for the email with attachment of final assessment.

Would appreciate if somebody else also knows this.

FYI

29 days

If it's any consolation mine was sent out at 17:15 Canberra time, so it was the end of the working day. Maybe you'll have yours tomorrow.

Thx for consoling Capt C...now I can also see a ray of hope but we really dont know what one hour means to AMSA.....

Thx for consoling Capt C...now I can also see a ray of hope but we really dont know what one hour means to AMSA.....

I would say if you don't have anything back by the end of the week then you should give them another call.

Also check your spam/junk mail folder, you never know!

Hey guys Aps this side. Cleared my master's orals on 26th Feb from Sydney.

Pushing off to sea this time.

Will do my IELETS next time in the month of Nov 2016.

Any idea if the category will still remain in the list.

Thanks to Capt C for his help and this forum.

Regards.

Aps

Hello Captain C,

Your advice on how to get the Panama PCC will be highly appreciated.Am unable to find a proper channel to communicate for the same, since there isn't any. The Embassy in Delhi is also not being helpful. They gave me one random lawyer's name and email id to contact. Have been waiting for a reply from this lawyer for past 2 weeks , when the same was informed to the embassy they just mentioned thats the most they could help me with and just shut the doors of communication .

Regards,

Jiju

Hello Captain C,

Your advice on how to get the Panama PCC will be highly appreciated.Am unable to find a proper channel to communicate for the same, since there isn't any. The Embassy in Delhi is also not being helpful. They gave me one random lawyer's name and email id to contact. Have been waiting for a reply from this lawyer for past 2 weeks , when the same was informed to the embassy they just mentioned thats the most they could help me with and just shut the doors of communication .

Regards,

Jiju

I'm not sure I'm experienced enough in this. I'm from UK so I don't know anything about the embassies in India.

Try sending a PM to @Doonite he's been through the process with Liberia PCC and had no success. However, he has received a recent visa grant.

Hey guys Aps this side. Cleared my master's orals on 26th Feb from Sydney.

Pushing off to sea this time.

Will do my IELETS next time in the month of Nov 2016.

Any idea if the category will still remain in the list.

Thanks to Capt C for his help and this forum.

Regards.

Aps

There's no current indication that the profession will be removed.

Congrats on the oral's pass, if you recall the questions you were asked could you jot them down and email them to me?

I'll PM my email address to you.