Ships Master / Ships Officer / Marine Pilot

CaptainR

No apologies mate...we are all here to help each other, guess u right but m afraid as the letter from CO says as below:

CHARACTER REQUIREMENTS

Evidence of Character

In order to be granted a visa for entry to Australia you must meet the character test. BAURAI,AMIT must provide a police clearance certificate from each country where you have lived fora total of 12 months or more in the last 10 years, these 12 months are calculated cumulatively,not consecutively. Police clearances are also required from the flag state where vessels areregistered and you have served 12 months or more in the last 10 years, these 12 months are calculated cumulatively, not consecutively. Police Clearances are required from Italy andLiberia.

In addition, good conduct certificates are required from each vessel served.

Lets c, will give all the evidence of genuine attempt from my end, if m unable to obtain the reqd PCC,

cheers

Thought I would post this again since the subject came up. This is the reply I got from Bermuda Police when I asked for a PCC.

" You will not get a police certificate if you have not lived (physical address) in Bermuda for more than 3 months. This is the residency requirement. Sailing on a ship that is registered to Bermuda does not constitute residency . The Australian Immigration is fully aware of this.

VW "

Hii Captain C,

so atleast you have something to show to the CO that you've tried from ur end. Me too hv received communication from Liberia, thanks to ravman.

m following up on it now, for italian PCC hv sent the requested documents and applicable fee, now lets c wat turns up.

cheers,

amit

Hii all,

Check out the communication from liberian authorities where they are sending contradictory statements, also check out the exorbitant fee of USD 400/ for issuance of Liberian national police clearance. To me it seems prank, kindly let me know if anyone of you have also received such communication:

This from Liberian Consulate, New Delhi:

Dear Mr. Barui,

We would not be able to assist.

As per my understanding the clearance certificate cannot be done remotely. You need to get it done personally.

Regards,

Honorary Consulate for Republic of Liberia

T: +91 11 30613488

INFO@HONCONSULGENERALLIBERIA.IN

Unquote

This from Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Liberia (some ledlum webmaster):

Dear Sir,

I have the honour to present my compliments and to inform you that I have

inquire and find that the Ploice Clearance can be process and send to you,

the require fees for the process will couse you as a non-Liberian US$

400.00, this amount will include mailing fees. The amount can be send

through Western Union or Money Greant and control number email to me.

Reciever name: Milcolm K. Ledlum

Address: Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Capitol Hill

City: Monrovia

Kindly allow me to assure you once again that the Police Clearance will be

send to you both scan copy and mail to you within two working weeks upon

recieving the fees. as I have already recieve your passport Photo I renew

my assurances.

Sincerely yours,

Ledlum

Webmestercleardot.gif

On Mon, October 27, 2014 10:48 am, Amit Baurai wrote:

Dear Sir, Good day,

Thank you so much for responding to the mail.

I would highly appreciate if you could assist me in getting the mentioned Police Clearance Certificate.

Kindly let me know the documents/ applicable fee to be submitted from my end.

With Warm Regards,

Amit Baurai

----------------------------

On 27 Oct 2014 15:59, "webmaster" <info@mofa.gov.lr> wrote:

Dear Sir,

I present my compliments and wish to acknowledge receipt of your

communication concerning the issurance of the Liberian national Police

Clearance which you anticipates. the said clearance are obtain from the

Ministry of Justice through the Liberian National Police (LNP).

Please let me know if you will wish for me to be of any assistance in the processing and posting to you the said clearance.

Yours sincerely,

Ledlum

Website Administrator

On Mon, October 27, 2014 7:19 am, Amit Baurai wrote:

To: The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Liberia

Dear Sir/ Madam, Good day,

My name is Amit Baurai, and I am serving in the capacity of Ship's Master with Italy based shipping company d'Amico Tankers Limited (head office

in Rome) and having liasion offices in India.

I have served on Liberian flagged vessels while working with my good company.

Further, I would like to bring to your kind notice, that I have applied for Skilled Independent (Permanent) Subclass 189 Visa for AUSTRALIA,

where in I am requested by the case officer to provide additional documents, which includes Character Requirements in which evidence of

character to be provided with "OVERSEAS POLICE CLEARANCES from flag states where vessels are registered, and have served 12 months or more in the last

10 years, these 12 months are to be calculated cumulatively and not consecutively."

Please find attached the relevant communication from case officer and copy of bio-pages from my passport.

I had tried contacting authorities in Liberian Flag State and Ministry of Justice, Liberia, via e-mail, for PCC.

Request you to kindly let me know if I can get my "Police Clearance Certificate" from your good office or else the concerned authorities

to be contacted in order for it's issuance.

Awaiting your kind reply,

With Warm Regards,

Amit Baurai

Unquote

Let me know guys,

cheers,

amit

Hii all,

Check out the communication from liberian authorities where they are sending contradictory statements, also check out the exorbitant fee of USD 400/ for issuance of Liberian national police clearance. To me it seems prank, kindly let me know if anyone of you have also received such communication:

This from Liberian Consulate, New Delhi:

Dear Mr. Barui,

We would not be able to assist.

As per my understanding the clearance certificate cannot be done remotely. You need to get it done personally.

Regards,

Honorary Consulate for Republic of Liberia

T: +91 11 30613488

INFO@HONCONSULGENERALLIBERIA.IN

Unquote

This from Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Liberia (some ledlum webmaster):

Dear Sir,

I have the honour to present my compliments and to inform you that I have

inquire and find that the Ploice Clearance can be process and send to you,

the require fees for the process will couse you as a non-Liberian US$

400.00, this amount will include mailing fees. The amount can be send

through Western Union or Money Greant and control number email to me.

Reciever name: Milcolm K. Ledlum

Address: Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Capitol Hill

City: Monrovia

Kindly allow me to assure you once again that the Police Clearance will be

send to you both scan copy and mail to you within two working weeks upon

recieving the fees. as I have already recieve your passport Photo I renew

my assurances.

Sincerely yours,

Ledlum

Webmestercleardot.gif

On Mon, October 27, 2014 10:48 am, Amit Baurai wrote:

Dear Sir, Good day,

Thank you so much for responding to the mail.

I would highly appreciate if you could assist me in getting the mentioned Police Clearance Certificate.

Kindly let me know the documents/ applicable fee to be submitted from my end.

With Warm Regards,

Amit Baurai

----------------------------

On 27 Oct 2014 15:59, "webmaster" <info@mofa.gov.lr> wrote:

Dear Sir,

I present my compliments and wish to acknowledge receipt of your

communication concerning the issurance of the Liberian national Police

Clearance which you anticipates. the said clearance are obtain from the

Ministry of Justice through the Liberian National Police (LNP).

Please let me know if you will wish for me to be of any assistance in the processing and posting to you the said clearance.

Yours sincerely,

Ledlum

Website Administrator

On Mon, October 27, 2014 7:19 am, Amit Baurai wrote:

To: The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Liberia

Dear Sir/ Madam, Good day,

My name is Amit Baurai, and I am serving in the capacity of Ship's Master with Italy based shipping company d'Amico Tankers Limited (head office

in Rome) and having liasion offices in India.

I have served on Liberian flagged vessels while working with my good company.

Further, I would like to bring to your kind notice, that I have applied for Skilled Independent (Permanent) Subclass 189 Visa for AUSTRALIA,

where in I am requested by the case officer to provide additional documents, which includes Character Requirements in which evidence of

character to be provided with "OVERSEAS POLICE CLEARANCES from flag states where vessels are registered, and have served 12 months or more in the last

10 years, these 12 months are to be calculated cumulatively and not consecutively."

Please find attached the relevant communication from case officer and copy of bio-pages from my passport.

I had tried contacting authorities in Liberian Flag State and Ministry of Justice, Liberia, via e-mail, for PCC.

Request you to kindly let me know if I can get my "Police Clearance Certificate" from your good office or else the concerned authorities

to be contacted in order for it's issuance.

Awaiting your kind reply,

With Warm Regards,

Amit Baurai

Unquote

Let me know guys,

cheers,

amit

Personally, I wouldn't send that guy a penny, especially via Western Union. I would prioritise the Letters of Good Conduct. Explain to the case officer the difficulties in obtaining a police clearance from a 3rd world country you have never visited, never mind lived in.

Hii Captain R,

Thanks for below, have sent a mail to the case officer detailing her about the difficulty in communication and sent her the attachments with the contradictory communication received, requested her to advise from her end, awaiting her reply.

Lets c....what i feel is not easy for marine transport professionals to migrate...

c:dull:

This post is aimed mainly at Junior Officers but may apply to others.

I have recently been reading reports of people getting refused visa's (not necessarily Ship's Masters or Officers) and it reminded me of a question I was asked recently.

I was asked whether the experience (as a cadet I presume) before obtaining a certificate of competency would count towards 'experience' when claiming points.

It seems that the case officers at DIBP that are tasked with reviewing the points calculations are not accepting any experience, however relevant, before obtaining your first certificate of competency. That means no time spent as a cadet before qualifying as OOW will count.

If you are borderline or are unsure then I highly recommend obtaining the services of a MARA registered agent before you claim for points.

Many people misunderstand the requirements for the points calculation and over claim, only to receive an automatic refusal and no hope of a successful appeal. These people lose their visa application fee and cannot get it back in the vast majority of cases.

I'm not trying to scaremonger but I am simply attempting to inform of the consequences of over claiming points.

Also, as an addition to the above.

You cannot complete an EOI on the SkillSelect website before you have received your positive skills assessment back from AMSA.

The date on your skills assessment must be BEFORE the date you submit an EOI.

If not, that can (and almost certainly will) lead to a visa refusal.

A good rule of thumb is to wait until you have the ORIGINAL skills assessment papers IN YOUR HAND before submitting your EOI.

Edited by CaptainC

Hii Captain R,

Thanks for below, have sent a mail to the case officer detailing her about the difficulty in communication and sent her the attachments with the contradictory communication received, requested her to advise from her end, awaiting her reply.

Lets c....what i feel is not easy for marine transport professionals to migrate...

c:dull:

Hi Doonite,

Any reply from your CO?

Hii folks,

howz life treating u all and wat abt the C/o's ........haha

well buddies we are all in thus forum to help each other and wat i believe is that getting required PCC from flag states is d most daunting tasks we guys are facing in way of our PR so what i feel is that we shud share our achievemens and the steps taken in obtaining the same

Hii folks,

howz life treating u all and wat abt the C/o's ........haha

well buddies we are all in thus forum to help each other and wat i believe is that getting required PCC from flag states is d most daunting tasks we guys are facing in way of our PR so what i feel is that we shud share our achievemens and the steps taken in obtaining the same

I was reading your earlier posts about your difficulties in getting the PCC.

The email you posted looks totally dodgy to me. I hope you explored all avenues and didn't send any money in response to the email. The spelling and grammar was of concern and sending money to a named individual just seemed completely off. I fear that it was a scam.

hii Captain C,

ya was just abt to post....she has asked to get PCC from flag states italy and Liberia

For Italy.. Hv contacted the concerned authorities, dey sent an application form and reqd fee. Hv mailed dem back and awaiting for the document, was nice and easy to get in touch

For Liberia...still struggling, told co abt the contradicting mails, now sheis asking to send biometrics and fingerprints to liberian national police vis police head quarters and hv also stated to tell if my attempts in obtaining liberian PCC have been successsful or insuccessful. Thus m in progress of contacting police head quarters now, frustrating i tell u guys, but hv to do it.

will update,,

kindly update urs experiences guys,

cheers amit

hii Captain C,

ya was just abt to post....she has asked to get PCC from flag states italy and Liberia

For Italy.. Hv contacted the concerned authorities, dey sent an application form and reqd fee. Hv mailed dem back and awaiting for the document, was nice and easy to get in touch

For Liberia...still struggling, told co abt the contradicting mails, now sheis asking to send biometrics and fingerprints to liberian national police vis police head quarters and hv also stated to tell if my attempts in obtaining liberian PCC have been successsful or insuccessful. Thus m in progress of contacting police head quarters now, frustrating i tell u guys, but hv to do it.

will update,,

kindly update urs experiences guys,

cheers amit

Oh my goodness, they are really hauling you over the coals on this issue. I feel for you.

I'm sure that you are doing the very best that you can, make sure you keep all correspondence to give the CO should the application for PCC fail, (which I'm sure you are doing anyway)

The very best of luck and keep us posted.

Hii Captain C,

Thanks for the gud wishes, but approaches to Police head quarters is not very fruitful, neither are they replying on mail, nor they are of any help on approaching personally, was informed that there is no such procedure for them to approach Liberian National Police, only ministy of foreign affairs or home ministry in new delhi cud be of any help, if they can, the chances for that is also very remote, so i am gonna contact the c/o and explain in mail all the steps i have taken and its not possible to obtain liberian PCC, only except personally visiting which is not a very gud idea,

lets c, feeping fingers crossed..

amit

Hii Captain C,

Thanks for the gud wishes, but approaches to Police head quarters is not very fruitful, neither are they replying on mail, nor they are of any help on approaching personally, was informed that there is no such procedure for them to approach Liberian National Police, only ministy of foreign affairs or home ministry in new delhi cud be of any help, if they can, the chances for that is also very remote, so i am gonna contact the c/o and explain in mail all the steps i have taken and its not possible to obtain liberian PCC, only except personally visiting which is not a very gud idea,

lets c, feeping fingers crossed..

amit

I've just turned my house upside down and found all my sea service testimonials signed by the Master of all ships going back to 2004 so I'm hoping that will suffice for DIBP.

Maybe if you offer to obtain letters of good conduct from your company or the Masters of the ships and send all the email correspondence between you and the Liberian authorities then I'll cross all my fingers and toes that it works for you.