VETASSESS Carpenter Practical Test?

Guest DunkandLuba

Guest DunkandLuba

Hi guys :)

Just a couple of quick questions for you all.

1. Have any carpenters online recently taken the VETASSESS practical test?
  2. Can you give me an idea of the sort of questions and practical tasks you were given?
  3. How did you find it? Easy or Hard??

All the best guys

Duncan and Lubica :)

Hi Probably know this by now, but if not, the first tests are December 10-15th, Sure you will hear perhaps that week or after, so keep your eye out for posts then. Bernie

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Nigel Williams

Hi yep ive done the test the first infact, if you know your hand tools you will be fine a small hipped roof was probably the hardest part, so there is no worries, the assessors are just great and helpfull especialy with termanology.you will meet 7 to 8 other like-minded carpenters and you will enjoy it. good luck.

Guest DunkandLuba

Hiya buddy

Thanks for the heads up Nigel mate. Is there any other information that you think may help me out? Is there a written test or just practical? How long does it take to complete the test and is it true that if you pass you are given the Ozzie equivalent of and NVQ 3 qualification??

Thank again dude and Happy New Year

Duncan and Lubica

Guest Nigel Williams

hi, there is no written test, and the test is over two days (at accrington) but i finnished it early and was away by 1.30 on the second day. yes i just had my letter from victoria university to say that i have passed certificate 111 in carpentry, which will be conferred at the forthcoming university graduations to be held in Melbourne between the 26th and 30th May 2008. Of corse i wont be there but i assume my cert will be passed on after this date, but its one hell of an excuse to go.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest lilly mist

Hey..i have just posted about this test as my hubby just did it on monday..

It was a one day test he was finshed just before 6.00pm

My hubby took with him some tie on tags and a medium pad lock but was not asked for either so we have no idea why they ask you to take them.

Maybe to stress us pommies out even more..maybe its some kind of aussie joke!!!

You can read my post at..

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/46874-carpenter-october-test.html

Hope this helps...:v_SPIN:

Archived