HELP! Advice needed for AHPRA CV!

Guest Kayleigh88

Hello there,

LA Familia here, also jumping on the band wagon, although it has been 3 years since the last person asked for help. can someone with a kind heart send me a sample of their CV? Thank you in advance. Email is

Edited by CaptainC
Email address removed - please use PM to exchange personal contact details

• 3 months later...
Take a deep breath and prepare yourself for the joys of APHRA. In respect of your questions:

1 -Personal information is just what it says its, I didnt put a personal staement in this bit because I wasn't applying for a job

2- Qualifying examinations I put my academic qualifications there eg. diploma in nursing, BSc Hons Midwifery, PGDip Public Health and put my qualifications eg. registered nurse, registered midwife etc in the qualifications obtained.

3- Academic transcript, it needs to be a breakdown of your degree/diploma from your uni and for the courses that also confered registration with the NMC it also needs to have a breakdown of hours. I requested mine from my unis and had the orignal notorised by notary and that was accepted. You can ask the uni to send it direct but I prefered the knowledge that I had done it myself.

4- Clinical/procedural skills, yes just put in all the things your competent at and any relevant certificates.

5- Intern/observership, I didnt do anything about that and left that section out completely and was absolutely fine.

If it helps I could send you a copy of my CV if you want to see what mine looked like, I also have electronic copies of the documents I sent to them if you want to see what my transcripts look like. PM me your private email and will send them to you.

My application to APHRA was approved without any hiccups in under a month.

Kirstie xx

Hi Kirstie,

Hope you can send a sample copy of your CV too. That would be a great help for me.

Thanks,

Ivy

Edited by CaptainC
Email address removed - please use PM to exchange personal contact information

We advise a huge bucket of caution on this website when people ask for a copy of someone's cv. There have been people harvesting people's information. We advise nobody to send someone they don't know any of their personal details.

Please see above post from 2013 - please use caution when offering any personal details.

If you feel comfortable offering CV's to other members, then please consider masking any personal details first.

Thanks

CaptainC

PomsInOz Moderator

• 6 months later...
Take a deep breath and prepare yourself for the joys of APHRA. In respect of your questions:

1 -Personal information is just what it says its, I didnt put a personal staement in this bit because I wasn't applying for a job

2- Qualifying examinations I put my academic qualifications there eg. diploma in nursing, BSc Hons Midwifery, PGDip Public Health and put my qualifications eg. registered nurse, registered midwife etc in the qualifications obtained.

3- Academic transcript, it needs to be a breakdown of your degree/diploma from your uni and for the courses that also confered registration with the NMC it also needs to have a breakdown of hours. I requested mine from my unis and had the orignal notorised by notary and that was accepted. You can ask the uni to send it direct but I prefered the knowledge that I had done it myself.

4- Clinical/procedural skills, yes just put in all the things your competent at and any relevant certificates.

5- Intern/observership, I didnt do anything about that and left that section out completely and was absolutely fine.

If it helps I could send you a copy of my CV if you want to see what mine looked like, I also have electronic copies of the documents I sent to them if you want to see what my transcripts look like. PM me your private email and will send them to you.

Kirstie xx

Good day,

I've been searching cv sample in the net yet it doesn't fit the AHPRA format. I'm quite not sure also which info i have to include. I hope any one here with a generous heart can help me out for this by sending your sample CV's..thank u and God bless..

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/21/2012 at 05:08, tomabbie said:

Kirstie xx

hi,could u pls send me your copy of resume.thanks

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi everyone! I need some help regarding the format of CV. It has taken me weeks to figure out what to put in my CV..

Can you please share or send me a copy of your sample CV as well?

if there is someone generous.. This would be much appreciated! Thanks a lot! 🙂

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
2 minutes ago, Presh said:

It might seem funny to you, but you might not be sure everyone is looking to sell a copy of someone’s cv. 

Sometimes people just sincerely need advice or help to go through a hurdle in life. Nobody knows it all.

If you can’t be that help, why stop others from helping?  I actually stumbled on this site as a result of my frantic search for ideas. 

Am totally shocked by this.

If you went through this process, am sure you got help along the line.

Surely if you're a professional you know how to write your own cv? A better option, if you are that stymied by the process, would perhaps be to ask someone in your profession to proof read your cv for you and make constructive comments but to actually ask someone to show you their cv is beyond cheeky.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Quoll said:
59 minutes ago, Presh said:

To be specific, I have the clinical procedural skills aspect left to complete my cv. I have written a lot but am not sure what not to include. I would appreciate any advice on that please. Thank you for your help.

15 minutes ago, Quoll said:

Dear Quoll,

Sorry you felt like I was requesting help from you. But my initial post was actually very specific ,as I was calling on Medical Radiographers.  I actually thought this was created for people to seek any form of advice.

I would love to stop this discussion with you on this note.

• 5 months later...

Hi, some of these posts are from almost 8 years ago so want to check if anything has changed in terms of AHPRA applications?

I'm a midwife in Essex UK and will be applying for my registration once corona virus has gone!! 

1) If I can evidence I have been taught in English will I have to take the IELTS exam??

2) has anyone got an example CV in AHPRA format that I could look at please!! I have my own CV but want it to be correct! 

3) do I apply for my reg with AHPRA first and wait for decision, before I apply for permanent visa to aus?? 

Thank you! Please help this is terrifying haha!

Lucy 

3 hours ago, Lucy333 said:

I'm a midwife in Essex UK and will be applying for my registration once corona virus has gone!! 

As I understand it, the normal process is that you apply to AHPRA, wait several months while they process your application, then you have to make a special trip to Australia to present yourself in person, to get registration approved.  Your application for a visa can take months too, so you could gamble and do both at once. However if you get invited for the visa and your registration isn't through, you'll lose the visa. 

You're not obliged to do the English test, but you need to do it for the points.  The visa process is a competition, not a queue. Only the applicants with the highest points get picked.  Migrant nurses have been struggling to get jobs once they arrive because Australia has a pretty good supply locally these days.

However, that's how it works normally. It may not be how it works now, because I believe they are prioritising visa applications from nurses. I don't know if they are making any concessions on registration but it would be worth checking.   I would advise you to hire a good migration agent like @paulhand because they're most likely to be up to date with what's happening. 

An agent costs money, but on the other hand, if you DIY and make one little mistake in your application, it'll get rejected and you've paid all those fees for nothing.  An agent is a good insurance policy.

Edited by Marisawright

3 hours ago, Lucy333 said:

Hi, some of these posts are from almost 8 years ago so want to check if anything has changed in terms of AHPRA applications?

1) If I can evidence I have been taught in English will I have to take the IELTS exam??

2) has anyone got an example CV in AHPRA format that I could look at please!! I have my own CV but want it to be correct! 

3) do I apply for my reg with AHPRA first and wait for decision, before I apply for permanent visa to aus?? 

Thank you! Please help this is terrifying haha!

Lucy 

AHRPA - have a standard CV format on their site.  It also suggests that if you've been taught in English you don't have to do it (there is some other criteria about last study being within 5 years) however,  many people do the English test to gain extra points for the application process.  You can do the skills assessment and registration at the same time (you can't apply for a visa without the skills assessment).  You can if you have registration already apply for a modified skills assessment. Do be aware that once you get your registration in principle from AHPRA you have to present in person within 3 months to an office in Aus to finalise it - so that may be an added expense for you.  Australia isn't needed as many nurses as it once did, so the competition for visa's is a little tougher these days and the more points you have the better it is.