HELP! Advice needed for AHPRA CV!

Guest Kayleigh88

AHPRA CV EXAMPLE: Vi.doc

Attached is an example of a CV of a person who is now an Australian RN.I hope this will help.

If the format in the AHPRA website was simple, I think no CVs would be rejected for editing. Also, in my opinion I think everyone who asked for help in this thread tried their best in making their own CV, and if this will alleviate their anxiety even a bit, why not right?

You're welcome.

Vi.doc

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kirstie,

I have also just joined the forum and need help with my APHRA CV. Please will you send me a copy of you Cv to.I have just started with my immigration process to Australia, and are not sure if I am following the right process. I have phoned APHRA and they told me to do the application for registration first and then they will let me know if I needed to do exstra assessments.Please can anyone tell me if I am following the right routes.

devise a template that incorporates the date total hours what studied and if competent or observed for cpd and attach to cv. List on your cv your skills though to and cpd will mirror it. Also refer to NHS jobs site for ideas on what to write. But i agree everyone cv will be different and not relevant to anyone really. You just have to follow APHRA template stage by stage. x

To be honest what is the point of sending individual CVs when each and every one of our CVs is different. From the info Ahpra give http://www.ahpra.gov.au/Registration/Registration-Process/Standard-Format-for-Curriculum-Vitae.aspx it really is straightforward and if folks are so stuck at this hurdle perhaps it isnt the right time to be emigrating as this is one of the easier parts.

FYI I have forwarded my CV to several on here with no words of thanks from some, not all but certainly some and Im now concerned that Ahpra may have duplicates of my CV circulating!

The info regarding professional references is also there.

People are willing to guide but not spoon feed

Snap i have done the same, just hope noones copies word for word lol.........i got worried after x

• 3 weeks later...

hi tomabbie,

it is trully kind of you in sharing your knowledge regarding the necessary information that must be included in the CV for AHPRA application. i am just wondering if you could also send me a copy of your CV to serve as my baseline data in making my own CV.

hoping for your kind response. thank you.

hi tomabbie,

it is trully kind of you in sharing your knowledge regarding the necessary information that must be included in the CV for AHPRA application. i am just wondering if you could also send me a copy of your CV to serve as my baseline data in making my own CV.

hoping for your kind response. thank you.

We advise a huge bucket of caution on this website when people ask for a copy of someone's cv. There have been people harvesting people's information. We advise nobody to send someone they don't know any of their personal details.

Take a deep breath and prepare yourself for the joys of APHRA. In respect of your questions:

1 -Personal information is just what it says its, I didnt put a personal staement in this bit because I wasn't applying for a job

2- Qualifying examinations I put my academic qualifications there eg. diploma in nursing, BSc Hons Midwifery, PGDip Public Health and put my qualifications eg. registered nurse, registered midwife etc in the qualifications obtained.

3- Academic transcript, it needs to be a breakdown of your degree/diploma from your uni and for the courses that also confered registration with the NMC it also needs to have a breakdown of hours. I requested mine from my unis and had the orignal notorised by notary and that was accepted. You can ask the uni to send it direct but I prefered the knowledge that I had done it myself.

4- Clinical/procedural skills, yes just put in all the things your competent at and any relevant certificates.

5- Intern/observership, I didnt do anything about that and left that section out completely and was absolutely fine.

If it helps I could send you a copy of my CV if you want to see what mine looked like, I also have electronic copies of the documents I sent to them if you want to see what my transcripts look like. PM me your private email and will send them to you.

My application to APHRA was approved without any hiccups in under a month.

Kirstie xx

hi!! Can you please help also with my cv? I need a guide to know if I 'm doing the right thing.. it will be really appreciated.. thank you so much!!

• 2 months later...

Hi Kirstie,

I have read the threads and found your advice quite helpful. I am just putting my CV together and I would really appreciate having a look at yours please. I am going to Australia for a month's holiday in December and I'm hoping that if my application to AHPRA is done correctly I will be able to pick it up in person before returning to the UK. Thanks for the advice :biggrin: So glad I found this thread!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, This is a massive cry for help! really struggling to get my CV sorted as we leave in 3 wks and i'm so worried it will not be to their standard and dont want it sent back to me!! If any one could find it in their heart so share theres with me I would appreciate it very much. Things bringing me to tears!! Thanks in advance xxx

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest kandenna

Does anyone know if you have to be registered with the ANMAC as well as the AHPRA to work in Australia as a Nurse Practitioner?

Guest JaninaRosario

Hello everyone, My name Janina Del Rosario, I'm philippine nurse, I'm studying IELTS in Manila, I hope I will pass it at level 7. And I would like a work in Australia, but I know that I need receive AHPRA.

Maybe someone can give me some information how I can receive it and which bridging courses you can advice for me?

• 4 weeks later...

Yes I take your point - but why would they take just so long to make a decision based on something so elementary as not having a Degree - they have been asking me for extra evidence all the time (sylabus, etc...) all 37 pages etc... it is just weird I cant do the bridging program (even if I get that) - because of the cost and also because it seems you cant apply for a student visa either. So that option is out Is there anywhere I can find out about what NZ's requirements are please?... as alternative option ALso, does anyone know of any Diploma nurses that have recently succesfully achieved AHPRA registration please? I am waiting for AHPRA's decision since February. I am a Diploma nurse - and I am very worried because there seems to be some people being refused because they do not have a Degree. I got ANMAC acreditation (for degree) - but that aparantly does not count. And weirdly - I actually have a job waiting for me in Oz. And also, my agent who found the job for me seems to think I will get AHPRA. And yet if you look at this forum - it seems that Diploma nurses are being refused Can anyone help please?

Hi kirstie, I am from the sydney, an overseas RN, I am very interested in applying in Australia but I have no idea how an AHPRA cv looks like. If you would allow me to have a look at yours CV , it would be much appreciated. Thank you so much

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys! This may sound redundant but I am collating pertinent documents as well in preparation for registration with AHPrA. Can anyone please send me a copy of their CV thy sent to AHPRA? :( I am a lil lost too despite the instructions from the given format. Guess its way better to see a sample CV to be guided accordingly.

Thanks in advance to those who will respond! :)

• 2 months later...
Hi Kayleigh,

1) Yes this is name, dob, address, contact number and email address

2)This is all your qualifications so include your GCSE's, AS's, diploma and degree. Don't forget to include certified copies of your certificates for these.

3) The transcript is omething you arrange to be sent directly from your university to APHRA. I have the transcript for my degree and diploma which sounds like what you ahve but i am still going to get it sent directly from my uni because of how specific aphra are about things!

4) Yes this is your cannulation, moving and handling etc. Include certified copies of certificates for anything you list.

5) This probably won't apply to you if you did your training in England. Some countries make nurses have a period of internship or observiship after they qualify and as far as I know this is who this section is directed at.

Hope this help xx

Hi Kayleigh!

Can you send me a copy of your CV for AHPRA application please! Thank you :)

• 1 month later...