Shipping boxes with post office

Guest steve100

Guest steve100

We are currently packing boxes to send with the post office in Spain, We have decided on the slower option of sea rather then air. They have given us a simple form CP72/pem to fill out with 3 lines for contents and said to generalize whats in the box (clothes/kitchenware/shoes etc)

Does anybody know if this is sufficient for Australia? should we be contacting the Customs dept or anything like that , we are sending to our sisters house , would it be better to use her name or ours?

thanks

We sent stuff using the UK Post Office, we put general overview of what was in the box (shoes, clothes and a couple of books off top of head), there were no problems at the Australia end. We posted it from UK before we left and put our names on it and a family member address (just in case it got sent back for any reason) and our names and new address for the Australia end. It may be better to use her name, if she has to sign for it, or go and pick it up at the post office they may ask for ID to claim it.

Our box too a bit of a battering on the way over so make sure you tape it up well.

I know you are talking about Spain, rather than UK, but I hope this helps.

Edited by Tickled Pink

I would put an extra sheet outside the boxes listing the items in more detail and mentioning they are your private items (used/unused).

I hope you know that you are not allowed to send "dangerous" goods such as perfume... If you check the Aquis website you will see exactly which other items are prohibited. But I should think that is all you need to think of.

My partner and I sent some stuff over from the UK with DHL and they told us it was important to state that the items were our private belongings (which also meant the parcel could not be insured) because the customs people will need to know that when they check the parcels on the border.

Don't worry, everything will be fine!

All the best.