IT in Sydney - Securing a job before moving (no sponsorship required)

Guest GiraffesGiraffes

Guest GiraffesGiraffes

Hi,

I'm a recent graduate and I'm thinking of applying for the Skilled Recognised Graduate 476 visa, for which I am eligible, to go to Sydney.

Until October, I will be working as an engineering contractor in London in a worldwide recognised software company. That being said, I have not been able to save up too much money (I just graduated last year). My question is: how probable do you guys think it is to get offered a position in the IT industry before moving over, given the fact that no sponsorship would be required? Is it impossible or just a bit harder? Will being a recent graduate work against me?

I've started saving as much money as possible, but I don't think I could survive more than 2 or 3 months in Sydney without working.

Thanks!

Guest GiraffesGiraffes

Hi SpottyDog,

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping that wouldn't be the case but I guess that was just wishful thinking. I'll have to save up, then, to be able to survive a few months without a job.