Katerina

Where to buy car seats-close to Brisbane airport???

Hi guys ,we will be flying to Brisbane in April and will need car seats ASAP.anyone knows place close to the airport where we could get them??or if anyone can tell me the best place to get them I can google the nearest store?

Thanks

Katerina

Job offer May/2011, nomination approved June/2011,RSMS 119 visa lodged- paper/non DRC/Melb-08/09/2011, medicals 06/12/11 was waiting for 6 MONTHS but VISA GRANTED 05/03/12:cool: Flights booked 10/4 !!!! Living happily ever after on Boyne Island

u could try looking for your nearest redcross, target, bigw, kmart or toys r us .....

Jo

If you're hiring, then they provide cars seats at a small fee. I don't think you will have bought a car online so would the car seats be required immediately on arrival? Failing that, I have picked up car seats that members have bought on ebay (considerable saving) for other members, and met them at airport with same. You can buy online and arrange for someone to meet you with them.

Good luck

kev

See my art here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.smugmug.com/

Copies free to PIO members. PM me for details.

Can you not take yours on the plane, we pared ours down to just the booster (left the back part at the airport) and it went in with the bags. Not ideal but it did us for a while and we had one as soon as we were landed.

Ich bin nicht ein Roboter

I am a lion

Raar

Can you not take yours on the plane, we pared ours down to just the booster (left the back part at the airport) and it went in with the bags. Not ideal but it did us for a while and we had one as soon as we were landed.

Thanks guys for all the suggestions!

Only Australian car seats are legal in Oz theonetruechris and my kids are 3 and 2 so only booster is not an option.

We will be renting the car, but the seats are subject to availability and in my experience there is always a problem with them, once I was given a booster seat for 4 months old baby!!so I am afraid I will get stuck again

i will check out the stores Jo mentioned and hopefully something will be close by.

Job offer May/2011, nomination approved June/2011,RSMS 119 visa lodged- paper/non DRC/Melb-08/09/2011, medicals 06/12/11 was waiting for 6 MONTHS but VISA GRANTED 05/03/12:cool: Flights booked 10/4 !!!! Living happily ever after on Boyne Island

Hi get into your car and drive down to Toombul shopping centre (depending on time of arrival). there is a Target in the centre and will have car seats for your young children. the centre is easy to get to from the airport and only 10 mins drive down airport drive and along the east/west arterial.

hope this helps and welcome to oz, hope your move goes well.