Mordialloc.... Seems to be very nice

Guest TabloidTony

Guest TabloidTony

Hi all,

I've posted a couple of posts now and had a really helpful response. I thank you all for that.

We have been looking at a few places to rent in and around Melbourne and have been told that Mordialloc is a really nice place to live with great transport links, near the beach and a great atmosphere.

can anyone add to that please?

We have $500-$650 for rental per week, a 2 year old boy and I will work in the CBD...

Any info would be great.

Thanks again,

Tony

Mordialloc is nice yes...we didn't quite have that budget but you will find your money doesn't go as far as it would if you went a little further down the Bayside. Have you had a look at houses on www.realestate.com.au and www.domain.com.au as I think a lot will probably depend on what you are expectng house wise. For us, we couldn't find anything within our budget that gave us the life we were wanting....but there were some 1/2 bed small apartments literally with the beach path at their doorstep! Commuting to the CBD from there is fine also and you will probably find that most rentals are within walking distance which is always nice :) When you look on the housing sites go to 'street view' and you'll get a little idea of what it looks like more x

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tony,

We moved here in May 2010, we wanted a house in Mordialloc but there wasn’t any available so we managed to get one in Waterways which is 5 minutes away. my 3 kids love it and go to school in mordialloc. would definitely recommend it. We got our house from www.realestate.com.au website.

I also work in the City and it is an easy commute

good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, we have lived in Mordialloc for 5 years now - it is a fantastic family area, and the creek and harbour are a beautiful feature that is unique to Mordi. The beach is stunning and the pier is a lovely evening walk.

The area is very very popular with young families and there are some very good kindys and schools.

Please ask away if you need any other info about Mordi.

BB