Aphra help!!

Guest PandS

Guest PandS

Hi All!!

Please can someone help!! :arghh:

-APHRA received my application for registration on the 13th of December 2011.

-I sent them an email on 28th Feb stating had a job offer and wondered how application was going - received email from them saying has been escalated for processing as have a job which I need to start on 1st May.

-Sent them another one on 13th march asking again how application was going as heard nothing

-Funnily enough I had a reply back straight away saying that i am missing some documentation:

"Certified evidence of your nursing qualification. Transcript of Training must display clinical and theoretical hours-Theory subjects should include: Anatomy, physiology, pharmacology and Cultural issues.-Clinical hours should include: Labour, community health, post natal, antenatal and gynaecology

I sent all this originally when I 1st sent my application to them but the course manual doesnt state which clinical hours are in which area, and the modules do not specify Pharmacology or Anatomy.

Does anyone have suggesting as to what I should do next.

I qualified as a direct entry midwife 10 years ago, and my course leader has retired!!

Thanks again Sian :arghh:

Guest chrisgray
Hi All!!

-I sent them an email on 28th Feb stating had a job offer and wondered how application was going - received email from them saying has been escalated for processing as have a job which I need to start on 1st May.

-Sent them another one on 13th march asking again how application was going as heard nothing

-Funnily enough I had a reply back straight away saying that i am missing some documentation:

"Certified evidence of your nursing qualification. Transcript of Training must display clinical and theoretical hours-Theory subjects should include: Anatomy, physiology, pharmacology and Cultural issues.-Clinical hours should include: Labour, community health, post natal, antenatal and gynaecology

I sent all this originally when I 1st sent my application to them but the course manual doesnt state which clinical hours are in which area, and the modules do not specify Pharmacology or Anatomy.

I qualified as a direct entry midwife 10 years ago, and my course leader has retired!!

Sian

Hi, we are just about through the 457 visa process and had to go through the pain staking AHPRA process. My wife is a nurse and had a similar response (albeit for different subjects). The uni certificate has to be certified (along with a load of other docs which you may well have already done) by a notary of the public or a justice of the peace. If inside Oz already the list is more extensive (on APHRA website : http://www.ahpra.gov.au/Registration/Registration-Process/Certifying-Documents.aspx). The transcript of training was provided by the university (Northumbria Uni) at a cost of £120. They also requested clinical and theoretical hours for mental health. We then had to get the uni to state where in the transcript these hours were achieved (which they highlighted) and also had to get a letter from the hospital from the ward sister to state she had worked with people with mental health issues. It was all very frustrating because they wouldn't accept anything on email, only through the post, so it took longer. It also went missing the first attempt so had to send it again.

I hope this offers some help, if i can answer any other questions just ask.

Chris

Is your college still open? If not NMC keep this info, if yes then the administration/academic department should have this. Good luck. :biggrin:

Hi All!!

I've had a similar email asking for transcripts on anatomy, physiology, pharmacology and microbiology! Which I didn't do in my training. Just paid northumbria uni £120 also for transcripts hoping for them to send them next week. Whole process is a nightmare, just reassuring I'm not the only one having these problems.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest PandS

Hi

Would just like to thank everyone for their help and advice on this forum, it has been a life line for my family and I.

We are on the home straight now:

AHPRA approved (did get letter from University, but also emailed AHPRA back and said veyr nicely that they were being a bit pedantic about there requests and if they looked again and my course modules they would find the info they were looking for - 2 days later I got the letter of approval!!!)

Visas Granted 20th March

Removals booked 12th April

Flights booked 19th April - PERTH HERE WE COME!!! :wink:

Brilliant news!!! Good luck :biggrin:

Hi

Would just like to thank everyone for their help and advice on this forum, it has been a life line for my family and I.

We are on the home straight now:

AHPRA approved (did get letter from University, but also emailed AHPRA back and said veyr nicely that they were being a bit pedantic about there requests and if they looked again and my course modules they would find the info they were looking for - 2 days later I got the letter of approval!!!)

Visas Granted 20th March

Removals booked 12th April

Flights booked 19th April - PERTH HERE WE COME!!! :wink: