COnfused and worried please do advice about state sponsorship... thanks in advance

Guest Sujayn

Guest Sujayn

Dear All,

I have completed my ielts, got a positive reply for my assesement as a engineer with my qualification which i did a distance learning of a Australian University in Singapore.

I launched a SS with WA, got a response from them, asking me to prove my 12 months of working and explain how i worked while studying in australia. Which i explained to them that i was doing distance learning from a reconized insititute of aust government and gave them my pay slips letter or appointment and tax contribution for employment evidence.

Guys please advice does this mean my chances got worst, if SS email reply asking explaination chances dimnishes? The anticipation is killing me. Please advice

Thanks

Worried Jay.

Guest Sujayn

Hi Tooz2012 thanks for the reply.

The Engineers Australia did a skills assesment, using my experience(referrel letters from my CO) and degree and transcripts.

I have supplied the SS my appointment letters, tax contribution, and pay slips keeping my fingers crossed.

For my certificate i send them my enrolment form stating that i did distance learning from singapore

Hi Tooz2012 thanks for the reply.

The Engineers Australia did a skills assesment, using my experience(referrel letters from my CO) and degree and transcripts.

I have supplied the SS my appointment letters, tax contribution, and pay slips keeping my fingers crossed.

For my certificate i send them my enrolment form stating that i did distance learning from singapore

How long after your WA SS application did they contact you? I am just trying to find out the turnaround time.

Guest Sujayn

Still awaiting reply from SS WA, i applied 7th March 14th MArch SS replied me with some clarifications, 17th March replied with necessary documents and clarification no reply since..... very worried any advice guys..?

I am using a agent to do the processing is it ok for me to bypass him to contact the WA on the status?

You can give them a call anyway but check with your agent first. A few agents don't always forward the information as soon as we send it to them.

Edited by toOZ2012

We are going through Engineers Australia for the skills assessment, my OH is qualified as an Environmental Engineer, and we are also applying for SS for South Australia, my worry is his job title at present is Head of Health & Safety with a little environmental work. Do you think this would go against him as he has not been doing alot of environmental work in the last 12 months?

We are going through Engineers Australia for the skills assessment, my OH is qualified as an Environmental Engineer, and we are also applying for SS for South Australia, my worry is his job title at present is Head of Health & Safety with a little environmental work. Do you think this would go against him as he has not been doing alot of environmental work in the last 12 months?

Don't have an exact answer for you. Are you also getting the "assessment of skilled employment" done by EngAust? Their assessment will have some weight when they say that his experience from some_date to some_date is related to the nominated occupation.

Dear HallFamily,

I had a similar issue, I have a BSc in Mechanical Engineering, while all my work experience is in QHSE (Quality, Health, Safety & Environment) in EPC/Oil&Gas sector. My current position is EHS Coordinator. I finally went for skills assessment through VETASSESS as "Occupational Health & Safety Advisor", which was successful. Hopefully this can help you in some way. You are most welcome to seek any other specific answeres.

Regards,

Dear HallFamily,

I had a similar issue, I have a BSc in Mechanical Engineering, while all my work experience is in QHSE (Quality, Health, Safety & Environment) in EPC/Oil&Gas sector. My current position is EHS Coordinator. I finally went for skills assessment through VETASSESS as "Occupational Health & Safety Advisor", which was successful. Hopefully this can help you in some way. You are most welcome to seek any other specific answeres.

Regards,

Do you have qualifications to back up your Occupational Health & Safety work?

Don't have an exact answer for you. Are you also getting the "assessment of skilled employment" done by EngAust? Their assessment will have some weight when they say that his experience from some_date to some_date is related to the nominated occupation.

Yes he was going to go down that route with Engineers Australia. I will have to get him to do some more research before we get his skills assessed then.