176 visa lodged March 2012

Guest jamesandstephcole

chest x-ray complete, now waiting for the medical appointment in just over 2 weeks. house has gone unconditional, everything seems to be going according to plan :o)

Looks like your Meds will overshoot your CO allocation date. Ideally, you should have the grant by the end of the month. So should I, as we applied on the same day :)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

righto so we have a case officer! status has changed to ABPF....all documents shown as met... email has been sent to agent which asks for PCC which we have already applied for and hope to upload next week!!

so right now it all looks good! yippeeee!

righto so we have a case officer! status has changed to ABPF....all documents shown as met... email has been sent to agent which asks for PCC which we have already applied for and hope to upload next week!!

so right now it all looks good! yippeeee!

Finally, some good news this week. Did you also get a request for Form 80 or did you dodge the bullet for that one?

Finally, some good news this week. Did you also get a request for Form 80 or did you dodge the bullet for that one?

Yes Im wondering about this as well....the 'Required Documents' page doesn't specifically list Form 80, it just asks for a police certificate, so I was going to try and leave this one out (but upload Form 1221).......hmmm

Yes Im wondering about this as well....the 'Required Documents' page doesn't specifically list Form 80, it just asks for a police certificate, so I was going to try and leave this one out (but upload Form 1221).......hmmm

Form 80 will only show up in the checklist when a CO is assigned and he/she asks for it. Do start working on it though, it's one of the most ridiculously detailed forms I've ever seen.

Edited by toOZ2012

Form 80 will only show up in the checklist when a CO is assigned and he/she asks for it. Do start working on it though, it's one of the most ridiculously detailed forms I've ever seen.

Pff I hear you. Its basically a repeat of what they ask in the original application. I mean...whats the point of listing ALL the jobs you had since secondary school?? Anyway I dont think I have to fill one out myself , just the OH as Im secondary applicant. We'll see what the CO says when we get one.

Plus all this blimin printing I have to do thank god ive got use of the multi-document scanner at work.

Pff I hear you. Its basically a repeat of what they ask in the original application. I mean...whats the point of listing ALL the jobs you had since secondary school?? Anyway I dont think I have to fill one out myself , just the OH as Im secondary applicant. We'll see what the CO says when we get one.

Plus all this blimin printing I have to do thank god ive got use of the multi-document scanner at work.

I fill the PDFs electronically and then attach a scan of my signature:cool:

PS: I think, if asked, all applicants (over 16) should fill Form 80.

No form 80 and 1221 mentioned in the list of specific requirements that they have sent with the email. but you never know. we have filled up the forms anyway...if needed we just have to scan and send it across

Smooth lol :)

You got an advanced version of Adobe then?

I use PDF Xchange, which lets me save filled PDF forms, among other things. It is also FREE.

http://www.tracker-software.com/product/pdf-xchange-viewer - Now, you can be smooth too :)

Other PDF tools of interest include:

PDFCreator - It let's you print anything into a PDF file - http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/

PDF Split and Merge - It let's you combine/split PDFs

Very handy tools, can't do without them. Cheers.

I use PDF Xchange, which lets me save filled PDF forms, among other things. It is also FREE.

http://www.tracker-software.com/product/pdf-xchange-viewer - Now, you can be smooth too :)

PDFCreator - It let's you print anything into a PDF file - http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/

This is priceless. Thanks!!!

Thank you this is very useful! So we just need to open the PDF file using PDFXchange fill it and then save it?

Thank you this is very useful! So we just need to open the PDF file using PDFXchange fill it and then save it?

Yup! Unlike Acrobat Reader, with which you can only print the filled form. With this you can save and most importantly continue filling it some other time.

Yup! Unlike Acrobat Reader, with which you can only print the filled form. With this you can save and most importantly continue filling it some other time.

Tried PDF Xchange...works on form 1221. does not work on form 80 as it seems the copy of the form I have does not have an enable edit functionality

No form 80 and 1221 mentioned in the list of specific requirements that they have sent with the email. but you never know. we have filled up the forms anyway...if needed we just have to scan and send it across

I thought Form 1221 must be filled by everyone?

Visa: 176 VIC

ACS: 13/09/2011 - 04/10/2011

IELTS: 04/11/2011

SS Vic: 23/11/2011 - 17/01/2012

Application: 07/02/2012

ABPF/CO: 21/02/2012

Last Document Sent: 30/03/2012

GL: 04/04/2012

Congratulations!!!

What other documents did your CO ask for?

I rang DIAC this morning as I hadn't been able to get through to HOC. all they could tell me was that I'd recently been assigned a CO and that they needed a few more weeks to process the application. Not sure why she said a few more weeks as everything except the medicals says met. Anyway she couldn't give me any more info than that. So I thought I'd give HOC one last shot and finally someone picked up. She told me that they're hoping to finalise my medicals within the next couple of days. So with any luck I might get the visa next week. Fingers crossed!

I rang DIAC this morning as I hadn't been able to get through to HOC. all they could tell me was that I'd recently been assigned a CO and that they needed a few more weeks to process the application. Not sure why she said a few more weeks as everything except the medicals says met. Anyway she couldn't give me any more info than that. So I thought I'd give HOC one last shot and finally someone picked up. She told me that they're hoping to finalise my medicals within the next couple of days. So with any luck I might get the visa next week. Fingers crossed!

That is encouraging! lets hope to hear good news soon!

Got Co today. But a lil twist. They are asking for tax returns and bank statement. I have tax returns only for last four years and bank statements are not straight forward as I had two accounts and one was closed three years ago. Also I was paid cash in my job most of the time where I took care of my personal expenses and deposited whatever was left in my account lump-sum. I hope they would understand. Any advise, m bit tensed :(

Got Co today. But a lil twist. They are asking for tax returns and bank statement. I have tax returns only for last four years and bank statements are not straight forward as I had two accounts and one was closed three years ago. Also I was paid cash in my job most of the time where I took care of my personal expenses and deposited whatever was left in my account lump-sum. I hope they would understand. Any advise, m bit tensed :(

Provide as many bank statements and returns that you have filed and provide an explanation for the gaps. IF there are any other documents that you have as evidence of employment which can address the gap periods provide that as well. these could be certificates of appreciation or letters from client or managers. any increment or promotion letters et al. If you have not provided all of these...make sure that you do now