176 visa lodged March 2012

Guest jamesandstephcole

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hope Australia Day celebrations are going well for you guys. How many of you planning to come watch the fireworks at Perth today?

And I am not going to Melbourne after all! This week has been good for me. Just when I was about to terminate the lease, I got an interview call and an offer the next day!

I am going to be a lecturer at Central! Its left of center as far as career is concerned and I am moving in to academia. But I enjoy teaching and so this should be a good experience.

Its a 12 month full time contract and I start on Tuesday. the pay is enough to survive and I am happy about that.

finally I feel at home!

We so very happy for you pradip, we can understand how tough it might have been for you. But new year brought long awaited happiness for you. Huge congrats ...hope n pray its smooth and enjoyable sailing from hereon. :)

Hope Australia Day celebrations are going well for you guys. How many of you planning to come watch the fireworks at Perth today?

And I am not going to Melbourne after all! This week has been good for me. Just when I was about to terminate the lease, I got an interview call and an offer the next day!

I am going to be a lecturer at Central! Its left of center as far as career is concerned and I am moving in to academia. But I enjoy teaching and so this should be a good experience.

Its a 12 month full time contract and I start on Tuesday. the pay is enough to survive and I am happy about that.

finally I feel at home!

Congratulations Pradiprn! I am so happy for you. Just when you were about to pack your bags eh! So great to now at last have some certainty and have your foot in the door so to speak. I hope you enjoy your new job and the last day and a half of holidays!

Thanks for all your congratulations everyone. I will slowly be turning into the size of a house! Looking forward to my 3d scan in a few days. Really trying to look forward to baby's arrival but its hard to not worry. Got quite a few baby things to buy, wish I hadn't sold/gave away so much in nz but never mind!

Last week of school holidays - yay!!! My eldest got stung by a jellyfish today, not very nice.

I hope you all had a good Australia Day :wink:

We so very happy for you pradip, we can understand how tough it might have been for you. But new year brought long awaited happiness for you. Huge congrats ...hope n pray its smooth and enjoyable sailing from hereon. :)

Nishi how is everything going with you and your visa appeal? Any news?

Hey Jasperyogi! You're right about jumping through hoops and that it will all be worth it in the end. I'm glad its all working out so well for you guys. Hopefully you catch some fish soon. Must've been very nice to spend that half an hour with the dolphins :o) I don't think you'll ever get used to Christmas in the sun, I've had 9 now and it only feels festive when its cold!!!

We finally got our good news, the anxious wait is over... WE ARE HAVING BABY 3! My pregnancy had been put as high risk as they thought baby might have a chromosomal abnormality. Took over 6 weeks to find out, visits to the hospital etc. Very stressful but a good outcome. We are having a 3rd daughter:wub:!!! Looks like this baby will get automatic Aussie citizenship, she'll beat the rest of us by 3 years!

How are you dogs enjoying their first proper hot summer? I think mine are quite used to it now!

Oh my my...logged in after long and bombarded with good news one after other. Many congratulations Leanie.....so happy for you...yayyyy .

• 2 weeks later...

We finally got our good news, the anxious wait is over... WE ARE HAVING BABY 3! My pregnancy had been put as high risk as they thought baby might have a chromosomal abnormality. Took over 6 weeks to find out, visits to the hospital etc. Very stressful but a good outcome. We are having a 3rd daughter:wub:!!! Looks like this baby will get automatic Aussie citizenship, she'll beat the rest of us by 3 years!

That's fantastic news, leanie. Congratulations!!! New life in OZ with a new Aussie family member, doesn't get better than this.

finally I feel at home!

Congratulations!!! You get to stay back in Perth, awesome!

That's fantastic news, leanie. Congratulations!!! New life in OZ with a new Aussie family member, doesn't get better than this.

Thanks Tooz :cool:is everything going good with you in perth? have you been on that trip to esperence yet? we're doing ours in about a month and i can't wait!

Tooz you seem to know a lot about the visas etc. Am I right in thinking that because me and hubby are both permanent residents, our baby born in Aus automatically gets Aussie citizenship?

Thanks Tooz :cool:is everything going good with you in perth? have you been on that trip to esperence yet? we're doing ours in about a month and i can't wait!

Tooz you seem to know a lot about the visas etc. Am I right in thinking that because me and hubby are both permanent residents, our baby born in Aus automatically gets Aussie citizenship?

yes. baby born to Permanent Residents in Australia get Aussie Citizenship.

Hello everyone,

Warm Greetings from Nepal! I am Sameep an Electrical Engineer from Nepal. I along with my wife will be landing in Perth on March 8th, in PR visa. Recently i have been looking for lots of rental properties but with no success. if anyone can help me on this i would be grateful. We are in our late 20s with no kids. I am non smoker with calm personality. Waiting for your reply.

Have a good day.

Hello everyone,

Warm Greetings from Nepal! I am Sameep an Electrical Engineer from Nepal. I along with my wife will be landing in Perth on March 8th, in PR visa. Recently i have been looking for lots of rental properties but with no success. if anyone can help me on this i would be grateful. We are in our late 20s with no kids. I am non smoker with calm personality. Waiting for your reply.

Have a good day.

you wont be able to get any rentals until you reach Perth. Until such time that you get a rental you should look at short term accomodation like serviced apartments or shared accommodation

You can look at sites like staywest.com.au or airbnb.com.au

She will be born a Aussie, so to speak. Even if you guys were not PR's she would still get citizenship by birth, subject to her staying a couple of years. Depending on your country of citizenship, she may even get dual citizenship - one by birth and the other by descent.

Our trip to esperence should have been done by now but work has been hectic. Last weekend, been to Margaret River though.

Everything's fine, thanks for asking. Just feeling a bit home sick, I think.

Edited by toOZ2012

Hello everyone,

Have a good day.

Like prapidrn said, your best bet would be short term or shared accommodation. Short term accommodation tends to be expensive. Since you are a young couple, it'll be easy to find a house share and you can slowly find a better place from there.

Websites like gumtree and easyroomate are a good start. If you are not sure which suburb to pick etc, just ask in here. Cheers.

She will be born a Aussie, so to speak. Even if you guys were not PR's she would still get citizenship by birth, subject to her staying a couple of years. Depending on your country of citizenship, she may even get dual citizenship - one by birth and the other by descent.

Sorry but this is not correct - Child born in Australia to at least one parent who is a PR will get Australian citizenship at birth. But If they were not PR, the baby would take on same visa as parents - i.e. 457.

Sorry but this is not correct - Child born in Australia to at least one parent who is a PR will get Australian citizenship at birth. But If they were not PR, the baby would take on same visa as parents - i.e. 457.

Indeed, she wouldn't get it at birth but she would get it by birth subject to residency requirements.

EDIT: http://www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/C2013C00008/Html/Text#_Toc345054883 - Citizenship by birth

Edited by toOZ2012
Cited the correct website

Indeed, she wouldn't get it at birth but she would get it by birth subject to residency requirements.

http://guidesacts.fahcsia.gov.au/guides_acts/ssg/ssguide-2/ssguide-2.2/ssguide-2.2.4/ssguide-2.2.4.10.html

By Birth if the child spends the next 10 years in Australia.

But the child would still be on the same visa as the parents if they were not PR.

Cool. Well me and hubby both PR on 176's so baby will get citizenship just not entirely sure how to go about it. Birth certificate first and then I'm not sure. Dual citizenship is allowed, this baby is theoretically entitled to 3 (Aus, NZ & UK), but if only allowed 2 sadly it would be NZ that would be dropped.

A shame you have not got to Esperance yet Tooz, hopefully soon eh. Sorry to hear you are homesick, I can relate, quite missing NZ but 2 kiwi films on tv tonight so I can get a taste of "home." I guess the good thing is that Singapore is a pretty cheap flight, and only 5 1/2 hours. hopefully you get the chance to go back soon for a holiday :wink:

Jamescool everyone is right - short term accommodation to begin with. I found a place through this website: http://www.ozhouserental.com/index.htm. Arranged it from overseas and was able to pick up the keys once we arrived. It turned out pretty much fine but of course costs more than normal rent. When you do find your first rental it can be pretty tough. We found there were 20-30couples at each open home so lots of competition. We put in heaps of applications. If you sold your house to come here give the real estate agent as a reference, include email addresses for all overseas references. We put a covering note too, as well as a pet resume! Also included proof we sold our house to show we had funds etc. Our short term rental provided a reference also. Good luck :o)

How is everyone in Perth coping with the heat wave? Pradiprn how is your new job mate?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All, I'm sure everyone is doing great. Well I had a quite tough time over the last few months. I was all over the place. Perth & my home country. There were not much Telecommunication engineering jobs in WA. So I decided to apply for job all over. Finally I got a job in Sydney. So I flew over to NSW few weeks ago. Now things are quite settled. But Sydney is not a calm & quite as WA was. I really miss the greeny conditions in Perth. Sydney is covered with so many buildings.

I know that I've done a bad thing for WA. But I couldn't help my self. Hope nothing will go wrong with my visa state.

Cheers all.....!!!

Cool. Well me and hubby both PR on 176's so baby will get citizenship just not entirely sure how to go about it. Birth certificate first and then I'm not sure. Dual citizenship is allowed, this baby is theoretically entitled to 3 (Aus, NZ & UK), but if only allowed 2 sadly it would be NZ that would be dropped.

A shame you have not got to Esperance yet Tooz, hopefully soon eh. Sorry to hear you are homesick, I can relate, quite missing NZ but 2 kiwi films on tv tonight so I can get a taste of "home." I guess the good thing is that Singapore is a pretty cheap flight, and only 5 1/2 hours. hopefully you get the chance to go back soon for a holiday :wink:

Jamescool everyone is right - short term accommodation to begin with. I found a place through this website: http://www.ozhouserental.com/index.htm. Arranged it from overseas and was able to pick up the keys once we arrived. It turned out pretty much fine but of course costs more than normal rent. When you do find your first rental it can be pretty tough. We found there were 20-30couples at each open home so lots of competition. We put in heaps of applications. If you sold your house to come here give the real estate agent as a reference, include email addresses for all overseas references. We put a covering note too, as well as a pet resume! Also included proof we sold our house to show we had funds etc. Our short term rental provided a reference also. Good luck :o)

How is everyone in Perth coping with the heat wave? Pradiprn how is your new job mate?

Hey Leanie! sorry been busy with work. Its enjoyable. got a group of students as diverse as it can be 17 to 30 year olds, local and international. Its an interesting experience.

How are you doing in terms of health? hope you and the baby are well.

As for news, the missus is coming in for a break. thought we would go to Dunsborough for the weekend but it turns out that most weekends are already booked. plus I still dont have a license. flunked the driving test and havent applied for a retest yet.

So I am looking for options nearer to Perth and accessible by public transport. havent found much though.

Suggestions are welcome!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone. We got back from our WA road trip a few days ago. Drove to Esperance via Wave Rock, went to Cape Le Grand National Park, then onto Albany for a couple of nights, and lastly Margaret River. Man its cold down there compared to Perth area!!! Its beautiful though and reminds me a lot of NZ, its very green!!! Was very nice to have a week away but a shame I get so tired being big fat and pregnant!

Indikaya you left WA! I hope it all works out for you in Sydney and that you don't get into any trouble visa wise. I'm not sure if there is anything you can do but I did hear a visa revoked story on the news (maybe not what you want to hear sorry, it wasn't for a 176 though). Could it be worth at least informing the WA office what you've done and explaining why? Maybe they'll release you from your state obligation like they did/were going to do for Pradiprn. What do you reckon Pradiprn having dealt with the office yourself?

Pradiprn a shame you've not got your license yet, I hope you do soon. We were in Dunsborough during our trip, just for a few hours but it was nice. I have not used public transport at all here so not sure where you go but... I'm sure the buses go to all sorts of places all over WA both near and far. I'm sure you could get a coach down that way, and there are the trains too. Mandurah is not far and easily accessible by train, could be a nice spot for a weekend away? Mind you my post is about a month after yours so maybe your wife has been and gone already. Either way I hope you two have a great time together or if it has passed already, hope you had the best of times. Hopefully she is able to make the permanent move soon. I'm glad you are enjoying your job, it was meant to be eh.