176 visa lodged March 2012

Guest jamesandstephcole

hey tooz what have you been up to the past few weeks? enjoying wa? working hard? :o)

Hi leanie, how are you doing?

Yeah, I've been quite busy with work ever since I got here. On top of that, I have to go back to Singapore for a couple of weeks for more work related stuff. Can't catch a f**kin break.

The weather's getting warmer by the day, not my favorite season. I am sub-20 degC guy.

How are you guys doing? All settled in?

Oh, how are your 4 legged family members adjusting :)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi leanie, how are you doing?

Yeah, I've been quite busy with work ever since I got here. On top of that, I have to go back to Singapore for a couple of weeks for more work related stuff. Can't catch a f**kin break.

The weather's getting warmer by the day, not my favorite season. I am sub-20 degC guy.

How are you guys doing? All settled in?

Oh, how are your 4 legged family members adjusting :)

I'm doing ok thanks Tooz. A bit of a worrying situation for my family at the moment but I'm hoping all will be fine in a few weeks.

I hope all goes well back in Singapore. Enjoy the food for those weeks, Singapore food is awesome. Sounds like you are very busy! So a sub 20 degrees guy?! And you move to Australia?!!! Maybe you would have been better off heading to NZ where I moved from - not many hot days there!!!

We are well and truly settled in. School holidays started today so the madness has already begun. I wonder if there are any half days/days with fun things to do for a 4 year old over the summer hols I can enroll my little one in. She will be sooooooooo bored otherwise! Looking forward to a trip down south over summer, but it won't be for a while. Gotta save first :o(

Dogs are doing well thanks. Some great places to exercise them here. I'm always a bit anxious about the snakes though! I find the dogs tire more easily with the heat, so we often take the to the sea or lakes etc so they can have exercise and cool down too.

What is everyone doing for christmas?

• 2 weeks later...

Hope everyones had a wonderful christmas and wishing everyone here a happy new year. Unfortunately it may not be a great new year for me. I am throwing in the towel guys.

I am almost out of money and so am left with two options either return back to India or move to Melbourne where my brother in law is. Both of these present challenges and for me the option of going back almost breaks my heart.

The Melbourne thing is a challenge because I do not know what to do about the state sponsorship. I have already registered with the state and so I have written to them with the situation and my choices. I do not know how they will respond. I have been gathering evidence to support my case. I have already spent 90% of the proposed funds that we had indicated in the agreement in to moving and living here for the past six months. In any case the expenses would be more than the indicated funds by Feb

In the last 90 days I applied for 225 jobs and out of which I got 3 interviews and of which 2 were unsuccessful. Worth mentioning all 3 interviews were with local government or councils.

So given the situation I am hoping I will be released from the commitment. So I am hoping new year will bring some cheer

Hope everyones had a wonderful christmas and wishing everyone here a happy new year. Unfortunately it may not be a great new year for me. I am throwing in the towel guys.

I am almost out of money and so am left with two options either return back to India or move to Melbourne where my brother in law is. Both of these present challenges and for me the option of going back almost breaks my heart.

The Melbourne thing is a challenge because I do not know what to do about the state sponsorship. I have already registered with the state and so I have written to them with the situation and my choices. I do not know how they will respond. I have been gathering evidence to support my case. I have already spent 90% of the proposed funds that we had indicated in the agreement in to moving and living here for the past six months. In any case the expenses would be more than the indicated funds by Feb

In the last 90 days I applied for 225 jobs and out of which I got 3 interviews and of which 2 were unsuccessful. Worth mentioning all 3 interviews were with local government or councils.

So given the situation I am hoping I will be released from the commitment. So I am hoping new year will bring some cheer

Hi, I'm so sad to hear this .

we start our adventure at the end of jan, so I'm hoping ( in a nice way) to have more luck than yourself.

hopefully the WA officials will see that you've tired ever avenue to find work and release you to another state.

all the best for the future, I wish you and your family well

ian

Hope WA won't cause much grief over this. Aren't they getting rid of the 2-year residency requirement in the new 190 visa?

Wish you that the East brings better luck.

Edited by toOZ2012

I'm doing ok thanks Tooz. A bit of a worrying situation for my family at the moment but I'm hoping all will be fine in a few weeks.

I hope all goes well back in Singapore. Enjoy the food for those weeks, Singapore food is awesome. Sounds like you are very busy! So a sub 20 degrees guy?! And you move to Australia?!!! Maybe you would have been better off heading to NZ where I moved from - not many hot days there!!!

We are well and truly settled in. School holidays started today so the madness has already begun. I wonder if there are any half days/days with fun things to do for a 4 year old over the summer hols I can enroll my little one in. She will be sooooooooo bored otherwise! Looking forward to a trip down south over summer, but it won't be for a while. Gotta save first :o(

Dogs are doing well thanks. Some great places to exercise them here. I'm always a bit anxious about the snakes though! I find the dogs tire more easily with the heat, so we often take the to the sea or lakes etc so they can have exercise and cool down too.

What is everyone doing for christmas?

Good to hear that things are going well. Hope the "worrying thing" works itself out.

Yeah, the food choices here are like "fast food" or "fast food" or wait-for-it, more "fast food". Ofcourse, I can always go to a restarunt but can't afford to do it very often.

I really didn't think that Perth summers would be so bad [for me]. Friends in the east-coast tell me that its much better over there. May be I'll move there once my 2 years are up. Indeed, NZ was on my list but given the limited career oppurtunities, I had to drop it.

South(Albany, Esperence etc) are good places to be at this time of the year. I am heading [road trip with friends] to Esperence end of next month. You could cover a number of POIs along the way.

I've been to Kalgoorlie. Parts of the highway is shaped like an inverted-V - fun to drive. You can't walk 2 blocks without seeing a pub. Most of the miners are like "eleven-feet" tall. Not a must-see on it's own but a good pit-stop if you are heading east to Adelaide or south to Esperence from there.

If you haven't been to the Peel zoo, it's a excellent destination for children.

I visited a local dog shelter but ended up not getting one. I love dogs and grew up with 2 of them. You know how when you are young and tell your parents that you want a dog and will "take care of everything"? Yeah right! I am out most of the day and don't always come home so I don't think it'll be fair to the dog. Probably, have to wait a couple more years until I settle down.

Dont know about the requirement for 190. I hope they dont cause more grief.

And yes I hope Melbourne brings better luck

How are things with you? work going well?

Work's easing up a bit. Just came back from Singapore.

Have to save up a bit more and find some time to finally take that road-trip in the East-cost.

Canberra and Darwin maybe a bit far away but I heard that, job-wise those places may have something to offer for people who are willing to relocate.

happy new everyone from a hot as perth! it was 41 degrees in the shade today!!! the bedrooms in our house stay at around 30 degrees at night so we've moved our bed to the dining room where the aircon is, bliss. that and bought 3 fans in the past week or so. i don't mind the heat during the day but at night its a bit much. 40 degrees is a bit hot though for young kids, the playground equipment is baking, their trampoline is too hot etc, our relief is the sea. we had a good christmas and got some good news today to do with our situation, just waiting to hear the final news which will be in about a fortnight. hopefully all fine.

ian, not long now. i hope the house you have lined up has some kind of air con!

tooz how did you manage to resist all those needy dogs at the shelter? i think i'd come home with a few if i went to look!!! fair enough though. sounds like a cat would work for you quite well actually. they are good at being left at home during the day. i look forward to getting a couple of cats in the future once we have our own house, thought it might be impossible to get a rental with 2 large dogs as well as cats! yeah lots of fast food about. and anything slightly different does seem to cost a lot. i always keep my eye on the one day deals like scoopon, living social etc cause food ones come up on there from time to time. i guess we are lucky we can cook! are you much of a chef tooz? saving up for a road trip too eh, do you mean south east (ie esperance) or are you heading all the very long way over to the east coast?

pradiprn i am so sorry you still have not found work and hope the government will release you from the 2 year stay requirement. good that you are trying to do things by the book as you never know what will happen in the future otherwise. i'm sure melbourne will have a lot more prospects for you, and if you are able to stay with your brother too then that will help heaps financially. is it not possible for your wife to move over earlier than planned? good luck though mate. let us know what happens.

tooz how did you manage to resist all those needy dogs at the shelter? i think i'd come home with a few if i went to look!!! fair enough though. sounds like a cat would work for you quite well actually. they are good at being left at home during the day. i look forward to getting a couple of cats in the future once we have our own house, thought it might be impossible to get a rental with 2 large dogs as well as cats! yeah lots of fast food about. and anything slightly different does seem to cost a lot. i always keep my eye on the one day deals like scoopon, living social etc cause food ones come up on there from time to time. i guess we are lucky we can cook! are you much of a chef tooz? saving up for a road trip too eh, do you mean south east (ie esperance) or are you heading all the very long way over to the east coast?

It wasn't easy leaving the dog shelter ... I did think of getting a cat and we have a ton of those in Singapore but I never really liked them as much as dogs.

I'll keep an eye on those food promotions, thanks for that. My extended list of culinary skills range from mixing milk with cereal to boiling an egg and everything in between :laugh:

Back home, never needed these skills - most of the times it was even cheaper to eat out. I think it's about time that I learn to cook. May be I should invite the March gang over for lunch. On the menu would be a sumptous half-course meal - Anyone's hungry? :biggrin:

The road trip to Esperence is fixed for next month. I am saving up to do one in the East-coast(Melbourne, Sydney, Gold Coast etc]. We thought that we would start from Perth, go over Adelaide and into Melbourne but decided against it. After Esperence, there is not much to see along that route so that would be the end of WA trip, except for may be broome [again too far for a road-trip]

We are thinking that we fly to Melbourne and start from there. Have a good chunck of annual and sick [of work] leave accrued, just need more moola ...

Wish everyone in the March gang and all PIO'ers a very happy new year! :hug:

We survied the Dooms day, for the ten millionth time ... Looks like the next one is on the 19th of May and one more in 2020. Gotta love these prophecies.

Anyone in/around Crown last night? The fireworks were not bad.

It wasn't easy leaving the dog shelter ... I did think of getting a cat and we have a ton of those in Singapore but I never really liked them as much as dogs.

I'll keep an eye on those food promotions, thanks for that. My extended list of culinary skills range from mixing milk with cereal to boiling an egg and everything in between :laugh:

Back home, never needed these skills - most of the times it was even cheaper to eat out. I think it's about time that I learn to cook. May be I should invite the March gang over for lunch. On the menu would be a sumptous half-course meal - Anyone's hungry? :biggrin:

The road trip to Esperence is fixed for next month. I am saving up to do one in the East-coast(Melbourne, Sydney, Gold Coast etc]. We thought that we would start from Perth, go over Adelaide and into Melbourne but decided against it. After Esperence, there is not much to see along that route so that would be the end of WA trip, except for may be broome [again too far for a road-trip]

We are thinking that we fly to Melbourne and start from there. Have a good chunck of annual and sick [of work] leave accrued, just need more moola ...

get some cookbooks from the library for inspiration. you'll be cooking up a storm in no time.

your east coast road trip sounds cool. you'll need a lot of $$$$s for that though. broome appeals to me too, its not too far for a road trip if you have the time, $ and check out everything inbetween. when we go it would be a stopping point for our big road trip to qld after the 2yr commitment. although we'll probably only stay in the perth area for another 6-12months max, i'm keen to leave asap as i like a quieter rural life. anyone else got noisy neighbours?!

pradiprn have you heard from the state sponsorship team yet?

I heard from WA today and have been released from the state sponsorship obligations. I am waiting for the outcome of one interview I had given in December. If that doesnt come through I will be packing my bags and moving to Melbourne. I guess by the end of the week I will have clarity on the move. If it goes ahead I anticipate I will be in Melbourne by the end of the month

I heard from WA today and have been released from the state sponsorship obligations. I am waiting for the outcome of one interview I had given in December. If that doesnt come through I will be packing my bags and moving to Melbourne. I guess by the end of the week I will have clarity on the move. If it goes ahead I anticipate I will be in Melbourne by the end of the month

Some good news for you at least pradiprn. Hopefully things are taking a turn for the better now. Wishing you well for the outcome from the last interview.

Best of luck

Millie x

yay pradiprn that is great news. i hope you hear back from the interview very soon but know that it can take a very long time to hear back. my hubby went for an interview in september and they are only now sorting out the contract for a casual position!!! crazy as i thought everywhere needed good nurses! a new start in melbourne sounds exciting :biggrin:

the heat is getting to me today and its not even that hot, i think it is quite humid though. got my rental inspection next week :mad:you should see their list of things they will be checking, i understand for a final inspection but for a regular inspection surely its a bit over the top.

millie have you moved to qld yet?

yay pradiprn that is great news. i hope you hear back from the interview very soon but know that it can take a very long time to hear back. my hubby went for an interview in september and they are only now sorting out the contract for a casual position!!! crazy as i thought everywhere needed good nurses! a new start in melbourne sounds exciting :biggrin:

the heat is getting to me today and its not even that hot, i think it is quite humid though. got my rental inspection next week :mad:you should see their list of things they will be checking, i understand for a final inspection but for a regular inspection surely its a bit over the top.

millie have you moved to qld yet?

Hey I had written to them and they said they will come back with the results this week. Lets hope for the best. If not then by the end of the week I need to start sorting out my move to melbourne.

I really really hope that if not here, Melbourne holds some hope. It is tough to carry on for such long periods of time without knowing if you can make it or not.

I just got back home from a short walk out and it is really humid. I hope it does not stay this humid and hot the rest of the week.

Hi ya peeps :biggrin:

How is everyone? I hope everyone is doing okay. I have read some of the previous posts will catch up more tonight. I hope everyone who is having trouble with their visa apps get a positive outcome soon and hope those finding it difficult getting established here have an easier time from now on. I know we are expected to jump through impossible hoops sometimes to get everything in place here :sad:

but don't loose sight of your dreams, keep on going it will be worth it in the end.

Pradiprn I really hope everything gets sorted out for you. It must be terrible not knowing what the future holds. But remember you have friends in melbourne :wink: P.s if you do end up making the move to Melbs and we can help with anything at all.... :yes:

On a lighter note, we are still loving being here especially the weather, I think the kids are wrinkled coz they don't ever get out of the pool. Must admit Christmas wasn't the same in the sun!

The kids love their school, made some fab friends. OH is really enjoying his job and has been asked if he would like to apply for a managers position in Feb so things are looking good so far.

We have taken up fishing as a new family sport, even our 8yr old daughter loves it, haven't had a single bite yet mind, but it's early days right? We did have a pod of dolphin come to play for 45mins just 30ft from us the last time we went and that was better than any fish we may have caught.

OK well off now to catch up on this thread. Hope your all ok, hope to catch up with you all soon, and a belated "Happy New Year" to you all, hope 2013 brings you everything you've dreamed of x

Edited by jasperyogi

Hi ya peeps :biggrin:

How is everyone? I hope everyone is doing okay. I have read some of the previous posts will catch up more tonight. I hope everyone who is having trouble with their visa apps get a positive outcome soon and hope those finding it difficult getting established here have an easier time from now on. I know we are expected to jump through impossible hoops sometimes to get everything in place here :sad:

but don't loose sight of your dreams, keep on going it will be worth it in the end.

Pradiprn I really hope everything gets sorted out for you. It must be terrible not knowing what the future holds. But remember you have friends in melbourne :wink: P.s if you do end up making the move to Melbs and we can help with anything at all.... :yes:

On a lighter note, we are still loving being here especially the weather, I think the kids are wrinkled coz they don't ever get out of the pool. Must admit Christmas wasn't the same in the sun!

The kids love their school, made some fab friends. OH is really enjoying his job and has been asked if he would like to apply for a managers position in Feb so things are looking good so far.

We have taken up fishing as a new family sport, even our 8yr old daughter loves it, haven't had a single bite yet mind, but it's early days right? We did have a pod of dolphin come to play for 45mins just 30ft from us the last time we went and that was better than any fish we may have caught.

OK well off now to catch up on this thread. Hope your all ok, hope to catch up with you all soon, and a belated "Happy New Year" to you all, hope 2013 brings you everything you've dreamed of x

Hey Jasperyogi! You're right about jumping through hoops and that it will all be worth it in the end. I'm glad its all working out so well for you guys. Hopefully you catch some fish soon. Must've been very nice to spend that half an hour with the dolphins :o) I don't think you'll ever get used to Christmas in the sun, I've had 9 now and it only feels festive when its cold!!!

We finally got our good news, the anxious wait is over... WE ARE HAVING BABY 3! My pregnancy had been put as high risk as they thought baby might have a chromosomal abnormality. Took over 6 weeks to find out, visits to the hospital etc. Very stressful but a good outcome. We are having a 3rd daughter:wub:!!! Looks like this baby will get automatic Aussie citizenship, she'll beat the rest of us by 3 years!

How are you dogs enjoying their first proper hot summer? I think mine are quite used to it now!

leanie! Congratulations that's good news!

And jasper thanks for the thoughtful offer! It looks like I will end up in Melbourne after all. The company I am doing the unpaid assignment for here might have a contract for me in Melbourne.

Will know for sure when I meet them next week.

Hi ya learnie, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! that's fantastic news about baby no 3 I am Sooooo happy for you guys :wink: what a fantastic start to the new year!!!

Yeah the dogs are coping really well. Our Siberian is a sun worshipper so is loving it and our old English just lays in the little paddling pool we got him :yes: they are enjoying all the walks they are having and loving smelling all the new creatures scents etc. How are things with you? Hope everything has fallen into place :biggrin: xx

Hey pradiprn, that's brilliant news, finally looks like there is light at the end of the tunnel :biggrin: you will love melbourne, the saying on their number plates is spot on.....its a great place to be!! Wasn't our first choice either, only ended upcoming here because it was the one place sponsoring hubby when we started the visa process, but now we live here we are Sooooo glad we ended up here. It truly has something to offer everyone, I am sure you will be happy here :wink:

Hope Australia Day celebrations are going well for you guys. How many of you planning to come watch the fireworks at Perth today?

And I am not going to Melbourne after all! This week has been good for me. Just when I was about to terminate the lease, I got an interview call and an offer the next day!

I am going to be a lecturer at Central! Its left of center as far as career is concerned and I am moving in to academia. But I enjoy teaching and so this should be a good experience.

Its a 12 month full time contract and I start on Tuesday. the pay is enough to survive and I am happy about that.

finally I feel at home!

That is awesome news, Pradip!! I am so happy for you. Well done :-) Now you can really start to enjoy life in Perth :-)

Hope Australia Day celebrations are going well for you guys. How many of you planning to come watch the fireworks at Perth today?

And I am not going to Melbourne after all! This week has been good for me. Just when I was about to terminate the lease, I got an interview call and an offer the next day!

I am going to be a lecturer at Central! Its left of center as far as career is concerned and I am moving in to academia. But I enjoy teaching and so this should be a good experience.

Its a 12 month full time contract and I start on Tuesday. the pay is enough to survive and I am happy about that.

finally I feel at home!