Guest jamesandstephcole

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Kilty

Hi - Just thought I would let you know that our visa was approved today too!!! We lodged on 7th March so it was 19 days to grant.

We frontloaded our police check and meds were done 9 days ago. We hadn't got around to uploading Form 80 yet and we didn't get any notification of a Case officer first - it just went straight to grant. A bit shocked to be honest - didn't think it would be this fast!!!! Good luck everyone with theirs.

Hi - Just thought I would let you know that our visa was approved today too!!! We lodged on 7th March so it was 19 days to grant.

We frontloaded our police check and meds were done 9 days ago. We hadn't got around to uploading Form 80 yet and we didn't get any notification of a Case officer first - it just went straight to grant. A bit shocked to be honest - didn't think it would be this fast!!!! Good luck everyone with theirs.

Congratulations on your grant! That's stupid fast! You are one of the three-week'ers :)

This day seems to be some kind of a lucky day for March applicants :)

Edited by toOZ2012

Congratulations to all of you who have your grants, awesome news :o)

I just booked our medicals but they are not for a few weeks as the clinic where I live is quite busy with Easter. They take an hour I hear, is that true?! Chest x-ray is next week though.

Guest SeeUlater
i was not at all given a clue abt CO...... it was a direct grant

Congratulations Amrita!!! :-)

but did you online status showed at least application being processed further? and what about all documents? did not your online status show "Met"?

so the med results online show that the requirements for my wife has been finalized but for me it shows outstanding and that all results have been referred. Is this something to be worried about? I have a history of diabetes.

A few people in Jan thread also got their Meds referred but were finalized in the end. I remember reading somewhere that Meds referred means that they are being looked at someone a little bit higher up (probably with medical background) in the HOC to finalize the case, don't quote me on that though.

I honestly don't think Diabetes will have any basis to affect your visa outcome. Good luck!

A few people in Jan thread also got their Meds referred but were finalized in the end. I remember reading somewhere that Meds referred means that they are being looked at someone a little bit higher up (probably with medical background) in the HOC to finalize the case, don't quote me on that though.

I honestly don't think Diabetes will have any basis to affect your visa outcome. Good luck!

Hey thanks for that...it is reassuring. lets see how this whole referral business proceeds..the PCCs should be done in the next two weeks.

Guest SeeUlater

Another day and no CO :skeptical: sooo frustrating!!! whennnn? As I am European I hope someone will contact me soon :biggrin:

Guest SeeUlater

Definitely not a direct grant! I am waiting for CO to ask for meds and PCC. I called DIAC yesterday to ask about who to send an email with info about my docs and they said that I should send it to DIAC as my application still does not have CO. Hmmm!!! they must be too busy or something. We'll see! :-)

Definitely not a direct grant! I am waiting for CO to ask for meds and PCC. I called DIAC yesterday to ask about who to send an email with info about my docs and they said that I should send it to DIAC as my application still does not have CO. Hmmm!!! they must be too busy or something. We'll see! :-)

May be applicants from different regions get assigned to specific CO teams, just speculating. In which case the allocation is team-specific-workload dependent. Kilty, from previous posts, lodged on 7th March and got a grant already.

In any case, I hope you'll get one this week. cheers.

Guest SeeUlater

yes, I think it has something to do with occupation. I think it also depends on how many applications they already received in that particular occupation. Sometimes it is just like that. I read in many other threads and realized that some people just had to wait 4 - 5 weeks.

So finally ball has started rolling in our march forum too :). We have sent application for PCC and will go for medicals next week. I reckon uploading up-front is proving to be a good thing...straight grant...very good. I hope we all get pleasantly surprised like this :)

We are finally beginning to get a little excited here!! Just a quick question. We lodged yesterday (26th) and could have booked meds for sat (31st) were a little concerned that this would be too soon, so booked for the 18th April. Should we go for the saturday appointment instead?

We are finally beginning to get a little excited here!! Just a quick question. We lodged yesterday (26th) and could have booked meds for sat (31st) were a little concerned that this would be too soon, so booked for the 18th April. Should we go for the saturday appointment instead?

With current timelines it doesn't make any sense to wait so long for Medicals. Get them done as soon as possible. They are valid for a whole year!

EDIT: Since you have sent in your PCC, once your Meds are finalized it'll be sort of Decision-Ready so when the CO is allocated it could result in a direct grant like the two cases in this thread. Cheers.

Edited by toOZ2012

Wow mega quick...congrats to you!

hello guys, congrats... Im a newbie here. Point test estimate 65 points. Advised by agent that the state sponsorship(176) will take shorter time compare with 175. Now im going to submit the request of state sponsorship to victoria tomorrow. Not sure how long will get the reply. I got the registration with AHPRA rencently.

:biggrin:Now question is:

1. May I online apply the 176 visa while awaiting for the state sponsorship?

2. Do I need to get the skill assessment for the migration purpose? (nurse from a few ****ry was exemt from skill assessment from the ANMC website, e.g. Singapore).. any idea about this?

emmm, just trying to lodge th application before 1st july 2012.

Really appreciate for the help....

:cute:thnksss

Hi Helen,

1) When you fill out the 176 application, there is a field which asks for the State Sponsorship reference number. For Western Australia, I later came to know that it is the same as my WA SS application number so I could've put it in there, could be possible for Victoria as well. One thing to watch out is the processing time. Victoria is taking more than a couple of weeks to process and current timelines to get a CO for 176 are in the 3 to 4 week range. So if you can't provide SS by that time, your app will be at the mercy of the CO and may be rejected as he can make a decision solely based on the information provided at the time of lodging. It could be very likely, if you needed the 5 points from SS to get a total of 65. Please be extra careful with this pathway.

Check this thread to get an idea of Victoria's processing times: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/140394-victoria-ss.html

I heard that you can do Victoria SS and Skills assessment (if required) in parallel.

2) Sorry, can't help you with this question. Better to check with AHPRA/DIAC. I can give you an example for a different occupation though. For Engineer's if their first degree is from a list of recognized universities, they'll still have to get their Skills assessed but usually it is much faster in processing time.

Good luck with your application!