Springfree Trampolines

tonyman

we have had a toyrus 10ft trampoline ,and tbh after the first yr it was on its way out .......mrs tonyman is convinced that the springfree trampoline is the way to go with our 5 children as they used it everyday ,so did Pepper...........does anynoe have a springfree and i really need to know how many yrs will they last......i believe they are made QLD so they must be built to last and a 12" cost $1,495......so in the long run, will we get what we pay for ...?

Guest Fay Roberts

Spending $1495 on a Springfree seems real expensive, when you can get a professional, weaved ply mat (like used in gyms) for about the same price. Springfree leaped into the marketplace as a "safety trampoline" - but trampoline equipment does not make them safe.... how they are USED makes them safe. In WA you have a company called Jet Jol, that make the best trampolines and I guarantee you they will last for 20yrs min. Get a 16foot or 17 foot one. Only maintenance is you will need to paint the mat once or twice a year to protect from the weather. I have been teaching trampolining for 20 years, have written a book on it (it is actually the best exercise for Adults - and used as a training method for Astronauts!)... I bought from Topline trampolines on the Gold Coast QLD, who are similar to Jet Jol. The quality of these types of trampolines are way beyond Highstreet Brands with the Chinese Black matts, and cheap springs that need replacing every year. I can assure you that the switch to a large rectangle, 2 PLY MAT (this is the key word), trampoline will be the absolute best decision for you if you are in the market for spending more than $1000 on a trampoline, and I have researched the subject very highly!

Guest Fay Roberts

Alternatively, if a professional one is out the the question, I would recommend VULY trampolines (again, located in QLD, but they deliver Aus Wide)

We bought a standard 10tf tramp with safety nets from Target 4 years ago , it was a few hundred quid and im MORE than impressed with it, its only recently died thanks to someone jumping on it in heels and putting a nice hole through the mat which has now grown and made the tramp useless !!! The nets are still intact and the pads are ok but for some discolouring due to it being sat in the sun for years. I wont hesitate to buy the same model again ..Excellent value for money.

Cal x

• 8 years later...
On 18/03/2012 at 08:56, Guest Fay Roberts said:

Spending $1495 on a Springfree seems real expensive, when you can get a professional, weaved ply mat (like used in gyms) for about the same price. Springfree leaped into the marketplace as a "safety trampoline" as explained on this page - but trampoline equipment does not make them safe.... how they are USED makes them safe. In WA you have a company called Jet Jol, that make the best trampolines and I guarantee you they will last for 20yrs min. Get a 16foot or 17 foot one. Only maintenance is you will need to paint the mat once or twice a year to protect from the weather. I have been teaching trampolining for 20 years, have written a book on it (it is actually the best exercise for Adults - and used as a training method for Astronauts!)... I bought from Topline trampolines on the Gold Coast QLD, who are similar to Jet Jol. The quality of these types of trampolines are way beyond Highstreet Brands with the Chinese Black matts, and cheap springs that need replacing every year. I can assure you that the switch to a large rectangle, 2 PLY MAT (this is the key word), trampoline will be the absolute best decision for you if you are in the market for spending more than $1000 on a trampoline, and I have researched the subject very highly!

So I've been doing a research about the best options and never heard of Jet Jol before your post. I see they are really big in size, I assume they have the same springs and structure as Vikan? ( the Canadian one) Because they both look like olympic versions.

But anyway I couldn't find the official site of Jet Jol, are they still around?

• 4 years later...

Been researching trampoline brands also. Was leaning towards Springfree as have a few friends with them who have only good things to say. But I did this quiz which recommended me the Vuly Ultra. https://bouncearena.com.au/quiz/

Now I'm stuck trying to decide between a regular trampoline and a non-spring one... and I read somewhere that the springless ones aren't as bouncy? Anyone have thoughts on this?