City and Guilds in Bricklaying - does it mean anything?

kasper5

Hello all,

Ive just completed a City and Guilds qualification in bricklaying. I will probably do voluntary and self employed work for a year and then work full time. Does my training mean anything? It was only 5 weeks but over 3 years or so what if I could build up the knowledge for a VETASSESS assessment and pass.

Hi Kasper 5

The straight answer is no, not for Australia as they only recognise their own equivalent this is why all tradespeople have to be assessed, it will help proving your a bricklayer but here in Ireland vetassess are more interested in FAS certificates our national training agency, and the exams you sit at your local technical college my Oh is a brickie and is in the process of vetassess he has city and guilds but also his state exams and full employment history your right to build up your work experience as this is what they are really interested in but any qualification is better than none and will help build up your profile.