176 State sponsored Visa - might be modified?

EugeneS

Hi folks!

I'm am new on this forum so nice to meet everyone:)

I am on the last stages of getting my 176 State sponsored visa to WA.

Originally I planned for Victoria but unfortunately, after few changes to SOL, I am lacking 5 points!

I know that if I had a job offer from Victoria located firm, I actually would be able to get those points. But now I have no such offer and it's also too late.

So my question is if I arrive to WA and then get a job offer from a firm located in a different state, will it be possible to make any changes to my 176 visa which will allow me to apply for this job?

Thanks in advance!

All help is greatly appreciated!

I believe that you have to resubmit if you want to change your state that sponsor's you, so that means you will lose your visa fees that you have paid. I would finish the application process that you have started with WA. If you get to WA and are unable to get employment it is acceptable to WA State Sponsorship to move to another state so that you can find work. The agreement is only a moral one.

If you get to WA and are unable to get employment it is acceptable to WA State Sponsorship to move to another state so that you can find work. The agreement is only a moral one.

Hi and thanks for your reply!

Do you mean that in case I don't find a job in WA I can just move freely to a different state? Isn't the fact that I have a state sponsorship is somehow reflected in my visa? Would I be able to get a job with the same visa in a different state?

Thanks!

Hi and thanks for your reply!

Do you mean that in case I don't find a job in WA I can just move freely to a different state? Isn't the fact that I have a state sponsorship is somehow reflected in my visa? Would I be able to get a job with the same visa in a different state?

Thanks!

Yes you can move freely to another state, no problems. Just contact the WA Govermant and let them know that you are leaving, as a courtesy. Although you sign an agreement that you will live and work in WA for 2 years as I said before this is only a moral obligation and your visa does not depend on where you live in Oz at this time.

Yes you can move freely to another state, no problems. Just contact the WA Govermant and let them know that you are leaving, as a courtesy. Although you sign an agreement that you will live and work in WA for 2 years as I said before this is only a moral obligation and your visa does not depend on where you live in Oz at this time.

Wow, that makes a great difference for me! I applied for visa based on my IT and Telecom work experience. But now when I am searching through the job offers there I see that only few available offers! So I started to get real worried about the possibility to find a job there.

Based on that I have on more question. Could the fact that I haven't completed 2 years of living the sponsored state somehow affect my citizenship application in the future?

Thanks!

Wow, that makes a great difference for me! I applied for visa based on my IT and Telecom work experience. But now when I am searching through the job offers there I see that only few available offers! So I started to get real worried about the possibility to find a job there.

Based on that I have on more question. Could the fact that I haven't completed 2 years of living the sponsored state somehow affect my citizenship application in the future?

Thanks!

I don't believe it does! I wanted to live in QLD but I was only able to get Sponsorship for WA so I plan to try out WA for 2 years and then move to QLD. I will try and honour my moral obligation as far as I can, but if it does come to the crunch I will move before. This topic has be discussed many times on PIO and it is a bit of a Hot Potato.

See

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/117543-can-176-visa-sa-ss-move-another-state-first-2-yrs-due-job-opportuni.html

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/128005-state-sponsorship-do-i-have-live-state.html

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/136654-can-you-jump-states.html

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/131913-moral-obligation-question-again.html

• 2 months later...
Guest Ausmom

Thanks!

Please advice me!!!!

We received state sponsorship from WA based on my husband field , It and Telecom..in Dec end and moved in WA within three months to honor our commitment of staying in state for min two years.I left my job in Melbourne to move here.Since we got the residency , we applied n nos of job in WA in my husband's field (IT and Telecom)which was an occupation on demand in this state.He did get only one interview and that was not successful.We were pretty depressed with the response so decided to carry on his present job and talked to his company.They were happy to let him work from Perth on the condition that he will travel to Melbourne whenever any client requirement will arise.

Since we moved in, we tried to get a job here , applied to hundred of job, contacted all possible agents etc.Even he applied in junior/short term contract everything possible to get a job here to fulfill our commitment. Its almost four months now and we did spend lots of move here in buying furniture, car relocation , childcare etc etc on the top of that, his flying costs to Melbourne.

Now his company started saying that is is not suiting them any more, and they can wait maximum another few months for him to get a job there. as he was in this company for a long time and with very good reputation.Now , we are scared to hell ..cant imagine what will we do after that ... it does not look like that he will get a job as the agents here telling him the same story that the field he is experienced in does not have much openings here!

Donno what should we do?leave his job, stay here to honor our commitment or go to state and beg for a release or go back to India?

But surely cant survive like this with a small child ...specially when the bank balance is going down everyday ...

Anyone faced this situation before??? please help us with any suggestions...

Please advice me!!!!

We received state sponsorship from WA based on my husband field , It and Telecom..in Dec end and moved in WA within three months to honor our commitment of staying in state for min two years.I left my job in Melbourne to move here.Since we got the residency , we applied n nos of job in WA in my husband's field (IT and Telecom)which was an occupation on demand in this state.He did get only one interview and that was not successful.We were pretty depressed with the response so decided to carry on his present job and talked to his company.They were happy to let him work from Perth on the condition that he will travel to Melbourne whenever any client requirement will arise.

Since we moved in, we tried to get a job here , applied to hundred of job, contacted all possible agents etc.Even he applied in junior/short term contract everything possible to get a job here to fulfill our commitment. Its almost four months now and we did spend lots of move here in buying furniture, car relocation , childcare etc etc on the top of that, his flying costs to Melbourne.

Now his company started saying that is is not suiting them any more, and they can wait maximum another few months for him to get a job there. as he was in this company for a long time and with very good reputation.Now , we are scared to hell ..cant imagine what will we do after that ... it does not look like that he will get a job as the agents here telling him the same story that the field he is experienced in does not have much openings here!

Donno what should we do?leave his job, stay here to honor our commitment or go to state and beg for a release or go back to India?

But surely cant survive like this with a small child ...specially when the bank balance is going down everyday ...

This sounds very frustrating indeed.

However according to what thewebweasel mentioned here before, I see no reason why you stay there. You can just move back to Melbourne where you do have a job. The state commitment is important but in this your job and your family are more important.

Please advice me!!!!

Your SS agreement is a moral obligation to live and work in the state that has sponsored you for 2 years. It sound like you have tried very hard to honour your obligation.

Is it the 176 SS visa you are speaking about??

Nothing will happen to your visa if you decide to go back to Vic, nor will it affect your ability to get citizenship in the future.

Your SS agreement is a moral obligation to live and work in the state that has sponsored you for 2 years. It sound like you have tried very hard to honour your obligation.

Is it the 176 SS visa you are speaking about??

Nothing will happen to your visa if you decide to go back to Vic, nor will it affect your ability to get citizenship in the future.

Hi..just a bit of curious to know...is it for 176 visa only or for 475 provisional visa as well ....