Sydney Gift Voucher / Card for a present...?

Guest sunseeker77

Guest sunseeker77

Hi Guys,

I have 2 weeks left at work before heading out to live in Sydney and the team at work have asked me what I would like as a leaving present. This is quite a tricky issue as I'm actually touring round South America for 4 months before heading to Australia so my stuff is being shipped off very soon and then all I will have is my backpack, so I don’t really want any household stuff or anything like that. What I have come up with is some sort of voucher or something that will be useful to me when I eventually arrive in Sydney, so I wondered if anyone had any tips or ideas for what this could actually be. I have tried googling “Sydney discount card” and that sort of thing but haven’t come up with much so any help would be GREATLY appreciated :)

Thanks! Em

I dunno - depends what you like doing/buying, doesn't it?

Perhaps we can help you out with stuff that's particular expensive here, or hard to lug about? But then again you might be better off buying in the UK and shipping with your stuff. Shoes, for instance. Stupidly expensive and sketchy choice, so I'm told by female friends and wives etc. Books are another thing that are ridiculously pricey here. So some sort of book token might work if you're a reader. Better still, get a Kindle/e-reader before you go and take it with you