Nursing opportunities

Guest GlennNatt

Guest GlennNatt

Hi everyone, we are just about to send off the O/H's AHPRA and wondered if anybody knows of any hospital in Perth that are recruiting nurses with 10 years ITU/HDU experience. Perth is our favored destination to re-locate and start our new life, any info would be much appreciated. Been told there is a new hospital in the process of being built near Canning Vale but were not sure if they want nurses with her qualifications. Or any hospital that will talk to you before to receive you AHPRA.:wideeyed:

Many Thanks

Glenn & Kirsty

It's going to be a little while until Fiona Stanley is built. Why not contact hospitals directly with your CV or look on Seek.com. What visa are you thinking of coming over on? If it's a PR visa then I would get your skills assessed first and apply for registration second, you need a successful skills assessment in order to submit your PR application.

If you're looking for a temporary sponsorship visa, make that clear in your application/covering letter.

Guest nikki35

Hi Glenn.

I think the Royal Pert are on a recruitment drive. and theres another hospital in the South that are too but id have to find out the name of that one...

Sent my husbands off 2 weeks ago and dont need a skills assessment unless qualified under 1 year?? Maybe wrong?? but defo not been asked for one YET... Unless Immigration ask for one?

Nic

Guest GlennNatt

Thanks Nikki, where are you hoping to locate or are you waiting for any offer!! We have friends in Canning Vale and Secret Harbour but would be willing to go anywhere to get our feet under the table. Were just worried in case we forget to send something and it delays things even further, where did you get your paperwork signed and authenticated.

Glenn

Guest nikki35
Thanks Nikki, where are you hoping to locate or are you waiting for any offer!! We have friends in Canning Vale and Secret Harbour but would be willing to go anywhere to get our feet under the table. Were just worried in case we forget to send something and it delays things even further, where did you get your paperwork signed and authenticated.

Glenn

Hi Glenn.

My husband has had an offer at Perth Clinic which is psychi in all fairness but they just sent us all the visa forms to fill out for immigration which is joyful....NOT...

AHPRA are painful i believe. We sent ours to Darwin as i heard its quicker to be processed there.

What id do is email a few people and get a interview via phone then tell them you want sponsoring... They will either offer a PR or a temp 457 visa?? and they will take it from there and you do your bit. Its alot quicker i hear. and cheaper...(although the PR visa is costing us a fair bit with medicals etc)

Were heading for North. Woodvale/Duncraig/Edgewater way we think... Close to everything and established and not far from the CBD? oh and the beach.

We had ours signed by my friends mum who is a JP.(notary public) FOC for us.

Absolute pain though getting it all together. Transcripts/Proof of secondary school etc...

Nic

Guest nikki35

Also Glenn.... Another good one is Ramsay hospitals. They desperate for ICU Nurses and offer sponsorship... And obviously we have a good few of them in the Uk too...

Nic

Hi everyone, we are just about to send off the O/H's AHPRA and wondered if anybody knows of any hospital in Perth that are recruiting nurses with 10 years ITU/HDU experience. Perth is our favored destination to re-locate and start our new life, any info would be much appreciated. Been told there is a new hospital in the process of being built near Canning Vale but were not sure if they want nurses with her qualifications. Or any hospital that will talk to you before to receive you AHPRA.:wideeyed:

Many Thanks

Glenn & Kirsty

http://www.nursing.health.wa.gov.au/doc s/working/uk-ad.pdf :biggrin:

Guest coldtootsies

my experience in applying to the perth hospitals (both private and wa health) is that they want you aphra registered before offering sponsorship.. ramsay health told me they will snap me up as soon as i have that through (10 yr A&E and also a mw) so i think they may be a good one to look at! also the gov site above is great too!

Guest GlennNatt

Thank you very much for all the information. Kirsty has started to email the hospitals directly, and a few responses are coming in.... 'we will keep your cv on file so please contact us when your AHPRA has been approved'. Found a local notory to certify all Kirsty's documents, very local too. She just went on the Notories Society website and typed in our local town.. just got to wait for the transcript of nursing course, and a statement from school to certify that Kirsty was taught English for a 5 year programme. Then we'll be able to send it off!!!

Guest nikki35
Thank you very much for all the information. Kirsty has started to email the hospitals directly, and a few responses are coming in.... 'we will keep your cv on file so please contact us when your AHPRA has been approved'. Found a local notory to certify all Kirsty's documents, very local too. She just went on the Notories Society website and typed in our local town.. just got to wait for the transcript of nursing course, and a statement from school to certify that Kirsty was taught English for a 5 year programme. Then we'll be able to send it off!!!

The transcripts and statement of entry/good standing have to be sent direct to them...They wont let you send?? Have no reason why not?? Lucky with the notary then??

Consider where ya send it too? Perth is choca apparently....Id do Adelaide or Darwin?? Justa thought

Nic

Guest Corky80

Hi Glenn,

Rockingham are currently recruiting ITU nurses as is Bunbury- google: WA health gov nurses - find the contact person and ring them because they are looking for experienced nurses. If you apply online and the part about visa leave blank and contact them directly. I got a job in bunbury but I'm going on the 176 visa- skilled migration but it meants that I've more entitlements with this visa (medicare, education, etc) and I'm not tied to the job- can leave it without it effecting my visa status.

Best of luck

Orla

Orla

Guest Corky80
Hi Glenn,

Rockingham are currently recruiting ITU nurses as is Bunbury- google: WA health gov nurses - find the contact person and ring them because they are looking for experienced nurses. If you apply online and the part about visa leave blank and contact them directly. I got a job in bunbury but I'm going on the 176 visa- skilled migration but it meants that I've more entitlements with this visa (medicare, education, etc) and I'm not tied to the job- can leave it without it effecting my visa status.

Best of luck

Orla

Orla

Glenn,

Look up WAGO.CO.UK this is the western australia goverment website they are based in London i have enclosed the details below they should be able to tell you which goverment hospitals are recruting and also may offer you sponsorship - they would be able to point you in the right direction anyway.

Department of Health Program Manager, International Recruitment

Fran Jolliffe

Email: health@wago.co.uk This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Nurse Recruitment Project Officer

Karen Prosser

Tel: +44 (0) 20 7395 0575

Email: health@wago.co.uk This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it This team were at the RCN jobfair last year, also they go to all the expos trying to recruit nurses- they offer advice on what you need to do to apply for registration and how go apply for jobs. I would phone them to see what jobs are available over there and how to arrange visas

Good Luck,

Orla

• 4 months later...
Guest aphex2k
my experience in applying to the perth hospitals (both private and wa health) is that they want you aphra registered before offering sponsorship.. ramsay health told me they will snap me up as soon as i have that through (10 yr A&E and also a mw) so i think they may be a good one to look at! also the gov site above is great too!

Not the case for me. I got offered a job after a 7 minute interview. I got the offer email and had to reapply to AHPRA as i was there up to May last year but let my reg lapse as I didn't think I'd want to go back so soon!

Currently waiting for my TRN to come through from DIAC so I can upload my files and book the flight. I've already moved out of my house, had the removalists pack eveything up and I'm just waiting. Job sorted at Rockingham Mental Health...

Get a CV and an expression of interest letter. Email it to all the hospitals and send in a paper copy. Sometimes ringing them helps too. Get a Skype account and ring/email/write to as many people as you can. Sometimes you will be told a certain hosp is not recruiting, then someone else will tell you they are interested! Good luck eh?

Hello, I was in exactly the same position as you just over two years ago. I have been in Australia 18 months today! I am also a nurse working in a icu in Perth and live in the suburb next to canning vale. If you need any advice then feel free to ask. you will need to get confirmation from the NMC re your registration status. This took a while for me to receive. Also try and apply to the AHPRA as soon as you are able as that can take a little while. Good luck x