Spider Side effect of floods in Wagga Wagga

Guest Guest31881

Guest Bleeding Thorn13

I'm no arachnaphobic :smile: I don't mind spiders as long as they stay to a certain size :laugh:, what an amazing picture, I've never seen anything like this before it's amazing to see what extremes nature takes jsut to survive. The only objection I have with this, is the little buggers could have done it over the local cemetary :animal-bat: it would've been more appealing to me, never the less it's a stunning vision, thanks for sharing... :animal-bat::cool:

Guest truebeliver

if this happened near to me i would freak out:arghh:

this is something me and my daughter would definetly need some time to adjust to we are absolute petrified of spiders ( she is 6 )

i wouldnt let it stop me from going and we would have to learn how to be brave

would love to know are they really that big and bad?

how often do you see them in your home?

dawn x

Guest Guest31881
if this happened near to me i would freak out:arghh:

this is something me and my daughter would definetly need some time to adjust to we are absolute petrified of spiders ( she is 6 )

i wouldnt let it stop me from going and we would have to learn how to be brave

would love to know are they really that big and bad?

how often do you see them in your home?

dawn x

Spiders are not that big, The biggest you will probably come across is the Huntsman and they are basically harmless and rumour has it they eat all the other bugs.

I see less spiders in the house than I did in the UK, You can pay to have your house sprayed or you can DIY with stuff from the local shops.spiders are not a problem really

Guest AKA63029

Managed to find this on Colin on the BBC website concerning Wagga Wagga.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12917[/ATTACH]

It's strange but well remember first rocking up in OZ and taking a walk with parents through Wireless Park in Perth. Dad was in the lead,:laugh: and he happened to walk through a web across some bushes, got him smack in the face. I have never seen him jump so high, did that 'rubbing' thingy with his hands over his face for ages,:laugh:

After that I was on 'point' on any future walks.:biglaugh:

Cheers Tony.

Guest AKA63029
Ohh thanks soooo much for that Pic Tony,,NOT !! lol

Cal x

:wubclub:

Sorry Cal, I am awaiting many PM's from Aracnaphobics saying the same thing.:laugh:

Guest truebeliver

tony that pic has made me cringe! that is the stuff nightmares are made of :eek:

my fear stems from a similar situation i was out walking with my dad through deserted woodlands, not the pretty green type lots of cliffs towering over us very dusty and rocky. i was only little climbing around exploring the place when the colour suddenly drained from my dads face and he was sort of backing off from me :confused: then i realised i had a huge spider scrawled accross:arghh: my chest!

as you can imagine lots of screams and it seemed like minutes (probably seconds) before he got the offending beast off me!

to make matters worse once my older brother heard of this he saw an opportunity to torture me with them for the rest of my childhood he would literally chase me around the house with a spider and when i had no where else to go he would throw them at me lol

Managed to find this on Colin on the BBC website concerning Wagga Wagga.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12917[/ATTACH]

It's strange but well remember first rocking up in OZ and taking a walk with parents through Wireless Park in Perth. Dad was in the lead,:laugh: and he happened to walk through a web across some bushes, got him smack in the face. I have never seen him jump so high, did that 'rubbing' thingy with his hands over his face for ages,:laugh:

After that I was on 'point' on any future walks.:biglaugh:

Cheers Tony.

Im pi$$ing myself laughing right now, i showed my mum a picture of it expecting her to run screaming out the room.. her eyesights got so bad that she cant even make out what it is!!! she was squinting at it and said "is that a pig" WTF.. then she asked if it was a dalmation LOL

Gave me such a good laugh, i dont even have the heart to tell her what it was now lol

Guest AKA63029

I can't remember where, but in one of the south american countries millions of spiders come out of their lairs within the space of a few days in order to mate, something to do with the weather and moon phases I think.

Would love to see it.