A photo that sums up what Australia means to you...

lauracoldwell

I went to Cottesloe for the first time yesterday and it was fab. I'd planned it for several weeks so I could go to Art on the Beach - free art exhibition, about 60 exhibits. One of the best things was seeing the many groups of school children (across the age range) being taken round the exhibition. Big smiles and excited voices, really enjoying their outing and fantastically well behaved and polite. Also, groups of children having their swimming lessons in the sea, just as you remembered. I couldn't leave without having a swim too, lovely warm sea. A world away from Blackpool in the rain ....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12934[/ATTACH]

I remember back in January, 1997, I stayed in the pub there for two nights. I went from LHR to Sydney with two nights in both Johannesburg & Perth which was a nice way to break the journey. It was magic, going for an early morning swim, although I seem to recall it was much hotter during the day.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had an interview in Neutral Bay on Friday arvo, so I carried on for a nostaligic trip to the Northern Beaches, Dee Why for a swim in the ocean pool - the beach was closed today, then a look at the view from Collaroy Plateau, and finally down to Narrabeen Beach. I did not really enjoy the drive back along The Wakehurst Parkway in the dark but I did manage the 37 kilometres back to Surry Hills in about 40 mins at 8pm. (Not a journey I'd like to do ten times a week in the rush hour.)

017.jpg

020.jpg

019.jpg

013.jpg

017.jpg

020.jpg

019.jpg

013.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Here's my photos that sum it up:

Catching your lunch

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12866[/ATTACH]

Then chilling

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12867[/ATTACH]

Catching your dinner

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12868[/ATTACH]

Then LOTS of chilling

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12869[/ATTACH]

Followed by a nice sleep

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12870[/ATTACH]

Hi frogian,

Just to express how much I loved ur post, the pictures n words sounded like You are speaking on behalf of me, Great