Anyone submitted skills assessment through Vetassess?

aliandshane

Hi everyone,

Hoping for some general info really. I am just completing the skills assessment for Vetassess for the HR Adviser and just wondered if anyone has had their skills (HR or otherwise) assessed through Vetassess?

Just wondering really what their time scales range from as we are hoping to submit visa app before the July changes (like everyone else I guess!). Going for a state sponsored for WA as HR Adviser.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ali

Guest flossiebess

hey, i've just sent off all of my forms, filled it in online already and they should have the docs tomorrow. :)

I'm already here on a 457 visa as a Recruitment Consultant....

Guest Skyline

Hi Ali,I submitted mine last October 10 and they acknowledged it on October 20.But until now,I'm still waiting for the result.They said that I have to wait for 16 weeks.I just hope to get a positive feedback,just so happy to meet here fellow HR.

Hi Flossiebess,in what state are you?I'm eyeing WA or SA.I just hope to find a work once our visas will be approved.

Hi, thanks for replies.

Skyline can I ask what qualifications do you have? I was told by an agent that I might struggle to get positive assessment as I only have my masters in HR its not underpinned by any other degree. Have you come across this?

Is 16 weeks pretty standard for vet assess do you know? One last question, where are you heading (or hoping to!).

Ali

Guest Skyline
Hi, thanks for replies.

Skyline can I ask what qualifications do you have? I was told by an agent that I might struggle to get positive assessment as I only have my masters in HR its not underpinned by any other degree. Have you come across this?

Is 16 weeks pretty standard for vet assess do you know? One last question, where are you heading (or hoping to!).

Ali

Hi Ali,I only have bachelor's degree and like you I'm quite worried too if ever I will get a positive assessment.I am currently working as a Recruitment Consultant for 4 years and that's also my nominated occupation.Since my major is Legal Management and one of its career path is in HR,I'm hoping that Vetasses will give credit on this since some of my major subjects are related to HR also.I don't have an agent thats why this is really a big risk for me.

Your case is different and I see it as an advantage since you've got masters in HR.I've read in Vetasses site that there are taking into consideration the years of a person's working experience.Let's just hope that we both get a positive result :wink:

16 weeks is the current standard as per their reply in my email due to the bulk of applications they have recevied since last year.I'm thinking of getting state sponsorship in WA or SA since my nominated occupation is listed in their SOL.How about you Ali?Don't worry I'll keep you posted if there are some developments in my Vetasses.

Hi, thanks for replies.

Ali

I take it from what your agent says that your bachelors degree is in a subject unrelated to HR and Management. It should not cause much of a problem if your work experience in HR is significant. 16 weeks is currently what VETASSESS is taking to provide results so you have to be mindful of that

When it comes to sponsorship,WA is the fastest to process, My spouse applied for sponsorship as a recruitment consultant and she received the sponsorship in one week. WA charges AUD 200 for the sponsorship application.

Guest Skyline
I take it from what your agent says that your bachelors degree is in a subject unrelated to HR and Management. It should not cause much of a problem if your work experience in HR is significant. 16 weeks is currently what VETASSESS is taking to provide results so you have to be mindful of that

When it comes to sponsorship,WA is the fastest to process, My spouse applied for sponsorship as a recruitment consultant and she received the sponsorship in one week. WA charges AUD 200 for the sponsorship application.

Hi Pradiprn,thank you for shedding light on this matter.Nice to know that there are recruitment consultants here.We're planning to apply as well is WA.All the best to us:biggrin:

Hi everyone,

We have just signed our application for HR Advisor with VETASSESS and the documents should be on their way to Oz this week :) It's nice to find other HR people on the forum!

Good luck with everyone's applications, keep us posted!

Hi there :)))

We are in the process of compiling our Vetassess for our 176 Visa.

My partner is the skilled applicant as a welder 1st Class / boiler maker.

We are also hoping to beat the July changes and have instructed an agent to support us to ensure our application is of a hight quality standard.

Thsi deadline is worrying me and the Ielts test is worrying my partner.

Good luck with your application. :)))

Kayli

Guest 1boomerang

I've also just applied to vetassess for a skills assessment as an HR Adviser. Will be good to hear how you get on! Good luck!

Guest flossiebess

Hey. I'm in WA. It's great! I did my IELTS at the beginning of feb and got a band 9 which I was really pleased about, it's not as easy as you might think and does require some practice :)

Vetassess have received all of my docs and I opted to do it myself without an agent, fingers crossed we get a positive sometime in the next 15 weeks! I set my form online and paid a month ago but it took a while to get the rest of the stuff together. It was a right royal PITA.

With regards to a degree, I don't think that being a Rec Cons can have a degree related to it can it? Mine is a BA Hons in business admin.

It's a great place to live, if not expensive but the beaches and outdoor BBQs don't cost much :)

Good luck everyone!

Guest flossiebess

Can I ask what supporting docs people sent? For my current employment i sent a payslip and a reference letter from my boss. I had recent payslips from my own business as well as old payslips and a P60 along with a letter from my accountant. For the employment prior to that Which was 2003-2006, I had a reference letter and a very old P60. Is that enough?

Thanks!

Hey. I'm in WA. It's great! I did my IELTS at the beginning of feb and got a band 9 which I was really pleased about, it's not as easy as you might think and does require some practice :)Vetassess have received all of my docs and I opted to do it myself without an agent, fingers crossed we get a positive sometime in the next 15 weeks! I set my form online and paid a month ago but it took a while to get the rest of the stuff together. It was a right royal PITA. With regards to a degree, I don't think that being a Rec Cons can have a degree related to it can it? Mine is a BA Hons in business admin. It's a great place to live, if not expensive but the beaches and outdoor BBQs don't cost much :)Good luck everyone!
HiBusiness admin or management degrees are considered related especially if one has studied human resources as a subject in order to complete the degree. As far as documents go, we submitted the employment reference letters, appointment contracts, payslips, promotion letters, evidence of rewards and recognition...in short every document that can corroborate employment.

Hi I was assessed by Vetassess as a community worker - with a law degree.

Hi Joana, I also applied as a community worker but with a health and social care degree. Still waiting for an answer- applied in November. How long did yours take? You are the first person on here that I noticed to be a community worker too! Where are you heading to?

Hey. I'm in WA. It's great! I did my IELTS at the beginning of feb and got a band 9 which I was really pleased about, it's not as easy as you might think and does require some practice :)

Vetassess have received all of my docs and I opted to do it myself without an agent, fingers crossed we get a positive sometime in the next 15 weeks! I set my form online and paid a month ago but it took a while to get the rest of the stuff together. It was a right royal PITA.

With regards to a degree, I don't think that being a Rec Cons can have a degree related to it can it? Mine is a BA Hons in business admin.

It's a great place to live, if not expensive but the beaches and outdoor BBQs don't cost much :)

Good luck everyone![/quote

Hi noticed you submitted online before sending docs, I was going to send all mine together. Can I submit online this weekend then post supporting info? Do you wait for them to ask for it or just send it?

Thanks for help! Ali

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Joana, I also applied as a community worker but with a health and social care degree. Still waiting for an answer- applied in November. How long did yours take? You are the first person on here that I noticed to be a community worker too! Where are you heading to?

Hi,

I am already in Australia, I obtained my skill assessment a long time ago. All I know is that for the moment the Vet assess applications are being processed with a delay because they have received a huge number of requests for assessment ( the reason being the new changes to be introduced from July).

good luck!

Have u finally received ur paper from Vetassess. We too are still waiting to see the reason for rejection of application. I am still very upset and disappointed. This was a only hope.

Nope, still waiting! Do you have any inkling as to why it was not successful?