ANMC How long for skills test?

Guest the ps

Guest gullicks

Hi Jason

Apparently the ANMC do take a while purely because they are the guys that say whether you are suitable for migration in certain visas... I have applied to QNC but really I could have waited till I got over there.. apparently the process is very straight forward. In Queensland you re-register between the months of April and June each year.. not sure if this is for every state.. someone will be along to let you know

Takki

We sold our house privately and our buyers asked if we would like to rent our own house until end of Feb as they didn't want to move in until then... we were very lucky

BW

Hxx

Guest scots-in-oz!
Hi

9 weeks and 6 days !!! Going slightly mad:twitcy:, perhaps this is practice at waiting for CO and visa:huh:

Emailed them sunday and said that they should forward application to QNC if I am sucessful and could they let me know if i had passed assessment. They emailed me back to say they had expressed it overnight ...but didn't say if I had passed ??? so still waiting.

Queensland have a work force website with loads of jobs for nurses but I think they need you further along with visa and a date you are coming.

QNC also interviewing in the Uk march/April look at RCN bulletin nearer the time for details.

Happy Waiting!!!

Brenda x

Hi Brenda,

I'd say that's a definate pass on the way to you!! How exciting!! :jiggy:I wonder when you'll get it! I'd already sent all my stuff to QNC myself, so I don't have that excuse to contact them...think I'll give them till Monday...that will be 9 weeks and 3 days...if I haven't heard by then think I'll email them and just ask if I can get an update on the process of my application.

That's good news about the QNC interviews next year. Thanks for the info.

Let me know as soon as you get your ANMC letter!!

Mags:wubclub:

x

Wow Tracey - you've certainly got your hands full! I've got 2 daughters aged 10 & 13, and that's hard work at times! Do you work full-time? I work 12 hour shifts, full-time here, and it's hard work trying to get the balance between work and family life at times. I'm hoping to only have to work 30 hours in Oz, but will just depend on our circumstances. You'll love your holidays in Queensland! I keep thinking that we'll never have to go abroad for our hols again once we're there! Think it would feel like you're away on holiday even if you have a few days off there! Bliss!

I'll let everyone know as soon as I get my letter!

x

I work 29 hours at the mo (well when not on mat leave) . I do 12 hour shifts so I am not at work too much. Means I don't see the children for that day but never do 2 in a row so thats fine. better than short shifts as my 5 year old got upset when I did that as she never knew when I was coming or going. My work are great and as I am still feeding my baby I do not have to do nights when I go back. They do offer career breaks but only for max of two years and we have decided that even if we hate it in Oz (which I doubt) we will stay for the 4 years until we are eligible to get citizenship. That way the children would be able to go to Oz at any time without the hassle we are going thorough.

Take care

Tracey

Guest scots-in-oz!

I've just been brave and e-mailed ANMC to ask about the progress of my application. Won't be 10 weeks til Friday, but what's a few days?! I also told them about a mistake they'd made on my postal address on the acknowledgement letter they'd sent me. Thought it would be a good excuse to email them...on and by the way, HAVE YOU DONE MY SKILLS ASSESSMENT YET?!!!!!:skeptical:

x

I've just been brave and e-mailed ANMC to ask about the progress of my application. Won't be 10 weeks til Friday, but what's a few days?! I also told them about a mistake they'd made on my postal address on the acknowledgement letter they'd sent me. Thought it would be a good excuse to email them...on and by the way, HAVE YOU DONE MY SKILLS ASSESSMENT YET?!!!!!:skeptical:

x

At least you have done as much as you can. Keep us posted:smile:

Tracey

Hi Mags

Good Luck with ANMC when I emailed them last week to say I forgot to ask them to forawrd skills assessment to QNC and could they do this and by the way HAVE I PASSED ? They replied after 3 days to say the had expressed it overnight to Queensland but didn't answer the most important Qusetion!:arghh:Emailed them straight away to say does this mean i have passed? this was a week ago and still no answer :twitcy:

Over 10 weeks now AND WE Have medicals booked Friday which I am going to postpone if no news tomorrow when I get in.

Let me know how you get on

Best wishes

Brenda :wubclub:

Guest scots-in-oz!
Hi Mags

Good Luck with ANMC when I emailed them last week to say I forgot to ask them to forawrd skills assessment to QNC and could they do this and by the way HAVE I PASSED ? They replied after 3 days to say the had expressed it overnight to Queensland but didn't answer the most important Qusetion!Emailed them straight away to say does this mean i have passed? this was a week ago and still no answer

Over 10 weeks now AND WE Have medicals booked Friday which I am going to postpone if no news tomorrow when I get in.

Let me know how you get on

Best wishes

Brenda :wubclub:

Oh no! Poor you! Hope you get good news tomorrow then! Shame if you have to pospone your meds. I've not even thought that far ahead yet! They don't seem to be in too much of a hurry though are they? :SLEEP: Let me know once you hear! And vice versa!

x

Finally after 10 weeks and 3 long days ....letter of determination from ANMC arrived !!!

So pleased!!:yes: on line visa hopefully complete and send tonight!!!

Mags I hope yours is next!! Let me know

Brenda:wubclub:

Guest scots-in-oz!
Finally after 10 weeks and 3 long days ....letter of determination from ANMC arrived !!!

So pleased!! on line visa hopefully complete and send tonight!!!

Mags I hope yours is next!! Let me know

Brenda

WooHoo!!:jiggy:At long last! Congrats!! You won't have to cancel you medicals now Brenda! Excellent news!! So pleased for you! I check every day to see if you have yours...and now you do!! :jiggy:Yes, hope I am next! Will let you know as soon as I get it!

Good luck with getting your visa application in! Keep me posted!

x

Guest scots-in-oz!

I've recieved an e-mail from ANMC saying they my letter of determination was posted out on the 30 of November! Doesn't say if I've passed of not though! They also sent a form to fill in incase I don't get it! SO hope I don't have to fill it in! I'm working tomorrow so I won't know if it's arrived until 8.30pm when I get home! Excited now!

x

Hi Mags

Thats great mine was date 27th and arrived 3rd so yours should arrive tomorrow:jiggy:

Let us know. I am sure its a pass!

Filled on line visa yesterday but need to do attachments tonight as site went down !!

Medicals tomorrow then really need to start writing xmas cards etc.

Good Luck will keep fingers crossed for you.

Brenda:wubclub:

• 6 months later...
Guest cityfan

i am new to the site...have been reading your messages and it sounds like you know what you're talking about!!....we have just decided to go for a whole life change and move the family to oz... i am a registered nurse and know that i can apply for a skilled work visa...not really to sure the best way to go about this...should i approach an agency or do it myself....what order should i apply for things??....didn't realise i would have to take an english test?!.....please help!!...cheers..mel

• 2 months later...
Guest verity1972

Hi :jiggy: Im new to this site but have been reading all your emails about how long it takes for the skills assessment to come through and the visa applications. I sent mine off 10th july, I received a letter stating it would take 8-10wks from the day I posted, is this what is happening at the moment or is it taking longer.

I am a staff nurse and have got all my paperwork ready countersigned for my visa and registration, we are moving to NSW. I notice though that some of you a saying that you have medicals booked and sent off police checks before even sending off for your visa. I though we couldnt do this until instructed by the immigration.

I have family in Queensland and went for a visit April 08, and loved every minute, we originally thought of settling there but also have friends just over the border in Pottsville, NSW which is absolutey gorgeous, so weve decided to go there. Had a look round an A&E and they stated I could start tomorrow if I lived there which was great.

Any info on the above would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Verity,

The ANMC are probably inundated with UK nurses at the moment. People won't have sent off medicals or PC's before the application, but they may have sent them with the application - this is called front loading. The risk you take, is that when the visa is granted, you have 12 months from the date of your PC or medical (whichever is the earliest). This can mean that if your application takes several months to process then you could be leaving yourself only a short time to make your first entry into Australia. You could check out timelines and estimate how long before people are getting a case officer - and submit your medicals then.

Ali

• 9 months later...
Guest sarah carter

Hi, I am a registered nurse of 12 years now. I'm about to fill out the paperwork for the ANMC. Was it easy to do? Do you have to contact the ENB/UKCC for certificate /letter to send with your application. Have you used an agent, if so can you recommend them.

Cheers, Sarah.

• 1 year later...
Sorry, what is PC?

If I'm guessing correctly, it's a police check.

I have my IELTS test booked for the 4th Sept, I got a 'B' at GCSE English but looking at the practice papers there's lots of margin for error judging by a fair few 'trick' questions/ very similar answers!

I'm confused as to whether I'm going to go for the 457 visa or the Skilled Migration option, but I guess I can't do anything until I pass IELTS anyway!

Only other thing I'm unsure of is the police check too, I read online somewhere that you're not allowed to request the check yourself and an employer/ recognised organisation has to request it for you? If there's anybody who can help with this it would be great.

Hi :jiggy: Im new to this site but have been reading all your emails about how long it takes for the skills assessment to come through and the visa applications. I sent mine off 10th july, I received a letter stating it would take 8-10wks from the day I posted, is this what is happening at the moment or is it taking longer.

I am a staff nurse and have got all my paperwork ready countersigned for my visa and registration, we are moving to NSW. I notice though that some of you a saying that you have medicals booked and sent off police checks before even sending off for your visa. I though we couldnt do this until instructed by the immigration.

I have family in Queensland and went for a visit April 08, and loved every minute, we originally thought of settling there but also have friends just over the border in Pottsville, NSW which is absolutey gorgeous, so weve decided to go there. Had a look round an A&E and they stated I could start tomorrow if I lived there which was great.

Any info on the above would be greatly appreciated.

I received my skills assessment back within 3 1/2 weeks from ANMC. Submitted 26th June and got it back 21st July. That was for a full assessment. The modified assessments takes a bit longer.

We are applying to go to Queensland, through state sponsorship which we have just applied and then the visa. You can frontload Police checks (PC) and medicals but once your visa comes through you won't have as long to get out there and validate your visa.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Archived