AHPRA ELIGIBILITY APPROVED!!! My Experience revealed.

Sara8

Hi Sara your information has been extremely helpful so thankyou very much..I am currently collecting all the information required for APHRA and would be grateful if you could also email me the link for CPD template, I am a mental health nurse hoping for sponsorship in Queensland but need to get me application sent of ASAP, once again thankyou for your message. Debbie

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kayleigh88
great sara, i just might send mine to adelaide then.. that is quick.. can you tell me how long it says on the letter that you have to present yourself to aphra office..xx Linda

Hi Linda, did you send your application to Adelaide or Perth in the end? I plan to send mine to Perth and havent seen anybody comment on their speed or reliability yet! x

Yes, I sent mine to the Adelaide office as well and it took 3 weeks to receive eligibility letter from being posted, was very impressed. I can't get job now in Adelaide though so have had to look at Sydney, been offered one there, and AHPRA said that I can just go into the Sydney office with eligibility letyter and they can send things to the Adelaide office. Tracey

Hi

Great thread and has been very helpful. Only question is.......... I requested a statement of service from my HR department (got fed up waiting for my manager to do it) and it came through today. Its basically a 4 line paragraph on NHS letter headed paper saying I am employed as a staff nurse and from what date. I have my original job description. If I were to get my manager to sign both of these documents would that be enough? I used the cpd template on here and plan to get my manager to sign that. Everything else I think I have ready. Just need to find a notary.

Cheers

Hi

Mine was similar to yours it didn't have a specific job description on it just what i'm employed as e.g. staff nurse, where, what hours etc, I didn't get mine signed by my manager. However they did request a professional reference from my direct line manager, I got her to sign my CV & CPD log to to confirm it was accurate & up to date which she stated i her reference for me.

Sara x

• 2 weeks later...

hi can i just ask about statement of service i qualified in 2001 worked for the nhs for 3 years then did agency work for 3 years then nhs again do i have to have statements from when i qualified and will they take the agency work into consideration any advice would be grateful thanks

hi can i just ask about statement of service i qualified in 2001 worked for the nhs for 3 years then did agency work for 3 years then nhs again do i have to have statements from when i qualified and will they take the agency work into consideration any advice would be grateful thanks

Can your Agency give you this? I take it they have nurses in charge? Other wise I think you will need payslips showing hours worked and possibly a statutory declaration to say what work you have done?

thanks gilraen the agency has a director of nursing so i will be able to get a statement off her i just wasn't sure if ahpra accepted working for an agency as an appropriate job because when i left the nhs i was an E grade but when i went back to the nhs they wouldn't recognise it and i had to start back as a bottom band 5

thanks gilraen the agency has a director of nursing so i will be able to get a statement off her i just wasn't sure if ahpra accepted working for an agency as an appropriate job because when i left the nhs i was an E grade but when i went back to the nhs they wouldn't recognise it and i had to start back as a bottom band 5

My understanding of the statement of service is that it demonstrates the Recency of Practice as well as the clinical nursing you have done, ie full-time/part-time, surgical/medical/etc.

They usually want a nurse to sign it for you. :biggrin: