AHPRA ELIGIBILITY APPROVED!!! My Experience revealed.

Sara8

Hi Guys,Thought I would share my experience of the dreaded registration process. Got my confirmation email today :yes: very impressed with the service considering what I have read about other peoples experiences.Filled in application & attached:-

1. Copy of passport, birth & marriage certificates (Notarised)
  2. Copy of Diploma, GCSE & GNVQ certificates (Notarised)
  3. Copy of certificates & documents supporting my CPD (Notarised)
  4. Copy of CV & CPD (signed by manager)
  5. Statement of Service from all employers (original copies)
  6. NMC verification (sent directly by NMC)
  7. Diploma Transcript (sent directly by University)
  8. Professional reference from direct line manager (requested by AHPRA)

I sent my app to Adelaide office on 30th Jan, they received it 8th Feb & took assessment fee ($220), requested reference 14th Feb, sent 20th Feb, approved 29th Feb! So if you exclude the delivery time it was pretty quick.I hope this helps. Thanks to all who posted on here re this subject. It really helped me to send the correct info & also helped me decide which office to send it too. The smaller ones like Adelaide seem to be processing quicker.Good luck everyoneSara :wink:

Thanks Paul & The HUlls.

Im hoping to get a 457 sponsored. My intentions are to move to Melbourne but I didn't send my app there as they are very busy & seem to take forever & after reading posts on here I contacted AHPRA who confirmed that it didn't matter which one I sent it to as its National so I can go to any office in OZ to register.

Sara x

Hi Guys,Thought I would share my experience of the dreaded registration process. Got my confirmation email today :yes: very impressed with the service considering what I have read about other peoples experiences.Filled in application & attached:-

I sent my app to Adelaide office on 30th Jan, they received it 8th Feb & took assessment fee ($220), requested reference 14th Feb, sent 20th Feb, approved 29th Feb! So if you exclude the delivery time it was pretty quick.I hope this helps. Thanks to all who posted on here re this subject. It really helped me to send the correct info & also helped me decide which office to send it too. The smaller ones like Adelaide seem to be processing quicker.Good luck everyoneSara :wink:

thank you Sara, that is very helpful!

Statement of Service from all employers (original copies) can I ask what this is? I may have read this as something else?? on APHRA application form. :)

Thanks Paul & The HUlls.

Im hoping to get a 457 sponsored. My intentions are to move to Melbourne but I didn't send my app there as they are very busy & seem to take forever & after reading posts on here I contacted AHPRA who confirmed that it didn't matter which one I sent it to as its National so I can go to any office in OZ to register.

Sara x

great sara, i just might send mine to adelaide then.. that is quick.. can you tell me how long it says on the letter that you have to present yourself to aphra office..xx Linda

Hey Sara,

I am just getting my application ready so thanks for this its a big help. Can i just ask what CPD (sorry if i sound dense)

Thanks,

Laura xx

Thank you for this. It's great to hear a good experience with AHPRA. I have posted mine today. I have sent all what you have stated apart from a copy of my birth certificate, Oops!

No doubt they will be in contact for that :0/.

I asked the ANMAC two weeks ago to forward the documents they have so hopefully they have already arrived.

Hi GilraenH,

You have to obtain the actual references from the employers yourself. I just rang the HR dept for the places where I have worked & explained what I was doing, they understood my request as they come across it quite often. They send you the reference/s then you just attach them to your app. Its exactly the same as we would do here except where your potential new employer would request it directly here, AHPRA want you to get it & attach to app. Hope that makes sense. I also put the contact details for all my referees on my CV. Sara xxx

Ps make sure you take copies :wink:

Hey Sara,

I am just getting my application ready so thanks for this its a big help. Can i just ask what CPD (sorry if i sound dense)

Thanks,

Laura xx

Not at all Laura everything's so complicated it even got me baffled! CPD = Continuous Professional Development. When I looked into this it scared me to death! I was unsure how I was going to prove this as the Trust I work for do not hand out many certificates etc as most things are done through E-Learning. So I gathered all the certificates that I could find (BLS, ILS, IV Therapy etc) plus any workbooks etc then the rest I documented on a template that I found online. If you PM me il try send it to you if it helps. Sara xxx

I have worked in my Health Care Trust since 1996 so my line managers are in the Trust. Can I do this through them directly or does it have to be through HR for APHRA?

Thank you for all the help!!

No worries. I would get an employers reference from HR (stating Trust, job role, hours, salary etc) & a professional reference from your line manager (more of a personal one related to your specific dept).

I sent HR one then they requested one from my line manager xxx

Hi GilraenH,You have to obtain the actual references from the employers yourself. I just rang the HR dept for the places where I have worked & explained what I was doing, they understood my request as they come across it quite often. They send you the reference/s then you just attach them to your app. Its exactly the same as we would do here except where your potential new employer would request it directly here, AHPRA want you to get it & attach to app. Hope that makes sense. I also put the contact details for all my referees on my CV. Sara xxxPs make sure you take copies :wink:
hie, can you please PM me this CPD templet or a link were to get it . thanx.

Hie Sara

l am hoping to send my application tommorrow however, am a bit confused, where u attaching copies to the pages requesting attachments or did u just put all the documents together at the back of the application form.

Thanks magasela