Declaring Convictions HELP!

Guest Lucky22

Guest Lucky22

Your right wakeboard pleading ignorance is a load of c***

really dont understand that comment!

They obviously think your trying to hide something!! I've read up on the convictions ect.. It shoudnt be a problem especially with them being driving offences. People who's spent time In jail have been accepted.

Honesty is the best policy, I've just amended my application. Should hopefully hear back soon.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They obviously think your trying to hide something!! I've read up on the convictions ect.. It shoudnt be a problem especially with them being driving offences. People who's spent time In jail have been accepted.

Honesty is the best policy, I've just amended my application. Should hopefully hear back soon.

Yeh mate you'll be right, you have done the right thing.

Hi Lucky

You'll be fine the fact you were so young even if they did find out it should not stop you getting visa the main problem is if you have been in prison for more than two years its a no no drugs, violence child abusers are the main exclusions so clearly not you:biggrin: try not to worry as the aussis's say you'll be rite mate

Hi Lucky

You'll be fine the fact you were so young even if they did find out it should not stop you getting visa the main problem is if you have been in prison for more than two years its a no no drugs, violence child abusers are the main exclusions so clearly not you:biggrin: try not to worry as the aussis's say you'll be rite mate

Wrong wrong wrong. If you are found to have lied on a visa application, that is considered a character issue in itself and enough reason to withdraw the visa. Also, it is twelve months prison sentence for any crime.

You will be fine, I am sorry I was drunk when I typed you should please ingorance, in matter of visa's honesty is always the best policy! : )

trouble is: you might get away with not declaring it on a WHV, but what happens if you decide you want to stay in Australia? All the PR visas require police certificates up front - which do cover even juvenille offenses. Chances are it will show you failed to declare on the WHV application, then you will have difficulties..

Guest AKA63029

At the end of the day 'Declaration' is the only way forward. I've bent some rules myself in the past, but DIAC AND other organisations will eventually find out about any criminal convictions (12 months) and that is when problems will arise IF you didn't declare them in the first instance when you had the opportunity to do so.

Cheers Tony.

Look peeps it was a joke I was "slightly inebriated" last night when I said you should'nt declare, I apologise. You will be fine, I know a guy out there right now who is there with his gf who spent time in prison years ago. I also know another two lads with cautions for various offences. Think it only makes a difference if you apply for a perma visa, which is understandable.

Guest AKA63029

Thanks Digitalis for explaining your original post and the effect alcohol 'may' have played.:laugh:

See, honesty always works.:biglaugh:

So come on peeps, lets get back to helping out the OP.

Cheers Tony.

LOL, yeahh I was drunk and it was 8 AM over here haha. My sister recently emmigrated to SA as a nurse and I remember well the mountain of beauracracy she had to climb and how efficent the Aussies were at checking, referencing etc. I was surprised.

Lucky you will be fine, just let me know what roads you're driving on haha. : )

Guest Lucky22

Thanks all for your advice, I've done the right thing and told the truth.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Didgitalis, you sound like a great guy... Good luck with the way you think :|

Thanks all for your advice, I've done the right thing and told the truth.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Didgitalis, you sound like a great guy... Good luck with the way you think :|

lol, I'll take that as a compliment. What part of Oz are you thinking of going to?

Guest Lucky22

Will be landing in brisbane with my partner in september (hopefully!!) we plan to stay with her family and then go travelling October,November and December. We'll start looking for employment/ sponsorship in the new year.

Thats the plan anyway! Maybe things will change once were there lol

Where is he now? Working alongside Tony Abbott?

Just wiki'ed him, guy sounds like a legend!

During his university days, Abbott gained media attention for his political stance opposing the then dominant left-wing student leadership. On one occasion he was even beaten up by left-wing students at a university conference.[12] A student newspaper editor with political views opposed to those of Abbott took him to court for indecent assault after he touched her during a student debate. Abbott was cleared by the court.[13] Student newspapers called him a "right-wing thug and bully who used sexist and racist tactics to intimidate his opponents".[14] He was also a prominent student boxer. [15]

Beyond his involvement in student politics, biographer Michael Duffy, wrote that during his student days, Abbott also "Once he saved a child who was swept out to sea. Another time, helped save children from a burning house next to a pub where he was drinking. On each occasion he disappeared before he could be properly thanked".[16]

Although that is bordering on being like this guy...

http://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/Alan_McIlwraith

There have been rumours that McIlwraith stopped an act of terrorism in the heart of London, but these rumours are denied by both the British government and Captain McIlwraith alike. He was awarded the CBE for services to the United Kingdom. He is also one of one only fourteen men whose faces are etched in to the wall at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst. Under his name are the words 'Courage and Honor'.

Very few Photos of Capt McIlwraith are in circulation - one of which appears on this site. 'He is very camera shy but a splendid soldier and credit to the country' says General Michael Jackson Chief of the General Staff. [Although he probably didn't say that.]

Just wiki'ed him, guy sounds like a legend!

Although that is bordering on being like this guy...

http://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/Alan_McIlwraith

I didn't know Michael Jackson was a general in the British army.

I have a 'friend' back in England, who would get on very well with tony Abbott. Far right political views, built like a brick $hit house, tatooed, ability to show extreme courage in dangerous situations. However, since he told me about the time he had an argument with a fella over a parking spot, and bundled said fella into the boot of his car to 'teach him a lesson', I never felt I could really trust him....

Guest Lucky22
Sounds good my man. I can't wait either think I'm heading to Darwin. That must have been one wild night in 2005 when you got caught. Yo I am sure some offences get wiped from your record after 7 years dude?

My other half's got family in Darwin too, she wants to head up there at some point! Yeah stupid night back in 2005, i was only 15 ... Yeah you would of thought that they can be wiped after a certain amount of time, becomes embarrassing as you grow up!!

Not heard anything back from Visa agency yet, just keeping the fingers crossed... want to book flights!! :o

• 2 weeks later...
The nearest we get to politicans even approaching that level of machismo in the UK was bullfrog faced sometime-communist, John Prescott lol.

ORLY?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/mp-quits-labour-party-over-headbutting-incident-at-pub-7563395.html

Labour MP Eric Joyce, doing wonders there to dispel stereotypes of Jocks being punchy drunken feckers

:biggrin: