Bligh park area

Guest The Edwards Family

Guest The Edwards Family

Hi guys

Was wondering if anyone could give any advice.

I'm moving over to Sydney in about 5 weeks on a 176 pr visa. I'm coming over first as I have a job to start and the wife and kids will follow asap.

My work is around the western side of Sydney with the office in glendenning.

The company has arranged temporay accommodation, not too sure where! But I'm looking for places for rent after a few months.

The rouse hill area looks brilliant and is somewhere we want to end up when we look to buy, but whilst we are renting I have been looking at Bligh park, does anyone have any info on the place?

I'm looking for somewhere pretty quiet and safe and not too bad to commute from/to.

Appreciate any help you guys can give.

HI

I am planning a move to Sydney and am too searching for the right area. I do not know those areas but can see they are a little far apart. I was wondering how you have overcome the dilemma of choosing the right school for your child/children in the area you are renting in, to then move from that area to buy elsewhere. I am so stuck on this dilemma as I feel I need to choose the right school at the same time be knowledge on the area.

The website www.domain.com.au gives you an overview of the areas you are renting or buying in.

Good luck with the move.

Hi

we are renting in Bligh park have a 6 month lease and will not be staying on! i think it once was a nice area but not anymore. We had a man try to break in at 7am luckily my husband was running late that morning.There is lots of graffiti and teenagers drinking around the shopping area.This area was recommended to us!!

We made the mistake of rushing into it to quick.Stay clear of Windsor,richmond and Bligh park.If you like Rouse hill go straight there,for us Rouse hill kellyville etc is all new builds sardine style we are looking to move more rural maybe Bowen mountain.

good luck

julie

Guest The Edwards Family

Wow, thanks for that we had no idea it would be like that, it looks such a small area on the map.

Very sorry you've had such a bad time there.

Hopefully you'll be moving on soon and settle somewhere better. It shows what a lottery it is trying to pick a suburb from over here.

Guest shusselmann

Hi,

Sorry I can't help with this area of Sydney. We moved here two hears ago and live East. However, here are some useful websites for researching suburbs. I'd also add that I wouldn't get too keen on an area from online research, it's great to use these tools to create a shortlist but you won't know until you're here, have seen the area for yourselves and asked around at work, in the shops, on the bus...wherever you can!

http://www.cityhobo.com/

http://myboot.com.au/

http://www.sydneyism.com/

Good luck with your plans.