To work & live in Peel or South West

OzWa

Hi,

In September my family and I will be relocating to WA ;-) finally ;-)

this with a 475 visum , so Perth & surroundings are no option for us.

Right now we are focussed on Bunbury and Mandurah (and surroundings).

Is it cheap to live there, work possibilities, good schools ??? Will it be good idea to focus on these area's ?

Our boys are 14 & 12 yrs old, I am a production manager graphic industry & designer.

But as this is a new life downunder I am willing to do any kind of job ... I'm open for opportunities ;-)

This is the moment to make that careerswitch we all dream off :-)

Also if anyone has tips for our first months ?

The plan is after arrival to stay a few days in Perth to chill and then heading South.

Is it easy to find a furnished app or small house for a month ?

Also we have to keep the WAgovernment informed of our contact details after arrival - do we have to do this immediately ? Our details will change after the first days and after a month (with the arrival of our container).

Lots of questions, and getting a bit "blury" :-) 193 days to go .. So many things to do

Sharing your thoughs & tips will be appreciated.

Regards,:biggrin:

Bunbury is nice, though job opportunities are a lot more limited as it is too far to work in Perth and its a fairly small place. Mandurah has a lot more and we have lived south of Mandurah in Dawesville for 4 years now and love it there. Mandurah as a city has everything that you need and Perth is only 50 mins away by train. The lifestyle in the Peel region tends to be very water / outdoors based. Lots of people have boats. Fishing and crabbing are popular passtimes for families and obviously hitting the beach. It is a very laid back area and i like that. Houses are also a lot cheaper than Perth. Port Bouvard and Halls Head are good options. Both have good beaches and are nice. We are in Southport which is great, though there arent as many rentals as there arent as many houses. Have a look at port bouvard realestate. They have a lot of rentals in the area.

yes, i've heard there are many mosquitoes over there, but they will not stop us for sure :happy_face_outlaw_s

have a look here : http://reiwa.com.au/Rental-Properties/ there are interesting rental properties

'cs we are on the same 475 boat, could you pls give us your visa timeline ? ,,,,, unfortunately we are still waiting

:confused:

good luck

Hi,

Our application was on fast track -Good luck; don't give up .. it is all worth it .. ;-)

Thanks for the link

- 7 /10: applcation state sponsorship WA

- 10 /10 : postive reply WA

- 16/10: Diac application visum 475

- 28/10: CO

- 9 /11: medicals en x-rays- 21 dec: medicals OK

- 9 jan 2012: visa subclass 475 granted !

There are mosquitos, but there not much of a problem. I think i got bit twice this year and that because we sleep with the balcony doors open. As soon as they start to come out the council sprays the water.

The upside is having all the water ways and the Peel on my door step which is stunning.

• 1 month later...
Guest yogeshsv

Hi, as you said with visa 475, Perth and surroundings are no option. Then how can you stay at Perth for first few days? Is it allowed initially after arrival? I have completed my medicals and PCC for 475 and now waiting for visa.

Hi,

In September my family and I will be relocating to WA ;-) finally ;-)

this with a 475 visum , so Perth & surroundings are no option for us.

Right now we are focussed on Bunbury and Mandurah (and surroundings).

Is it cheap to live there, work possibilities, good schools ??? Will it be good idea to focus on these area's ?

Our boys are 14 & 12 yrs old, I am a production manager graphic industry & designer.

But as this is a new life downunder I am willing to do any kind of job ... I'm open for opportunities ;-)

This is the moment to make that careerswitch we all dream off :-)

Also if anyone has tips for our first months ?

The plan is after arrival to stay a few days in Perth to chill and then heading South.

Is it easy to find a furnished app or small house for a month ?

Also we have to keep the WAgovernment informed of our contact details after arrival - do we have to do this immediately ? Our details will change after the first days and after a month (with the arrival of our container).

Lots of questions, and getting a bit "blury" :-) 193 days to go .. So many things to do

Sharing your thoughs & tips will be appreciated.

Regards,:biggrin:

Mosquito's are a problem in Mandurah, there are loads of salt marshes and it's a perfect enviroment for the saltmarsh mosquito. The council do spray to reduce the numbers but there still is plenty. I am down that way a lot and get bitten everytime I go there.

Guest Grassface

Mozzie Mandurah, not good if you get the Ross River virus which is a milder form of malaria. Bunbury, miles better.

Mozzie Mandurah, not good if you get the Ross River virus which is a milder form of malaria. Bunbury, miles better.

Ross river is nothing like malaria. I assume you have never seen malaria.

I get bitten maybe twice a year while in the peel area. I also get bitten about the same amount in Perth.

Bunbury is only worth as a stop off point on the way to margs. Or maybe to retire

Guest Grassface
Ross river is nothing like malaria. I assume you have never seen malaria.

I get bitten maybe twice a year while in the peel area. I also get bitten about the same amount in Perth.

Bunbury is only worth as a stop off point on the way to margs. Or maybe to retire

YOUR opinion......

Guest Grassface

Didn't know that. It certainly feels the opposite. Also feels very bogan
Do you know what a bogan is? Been biten by one of them as well???

YOUR opinion......

No fact. I have worked in malarial areas and seen people die fro it. Not pretty to watch someone scream to death. I have also has Ross. Malaria will this year kill 10 million. One child every 80 seconds.

I am quickly losing patience with people on here that talk about things they have no knowledge of. If you don't know. Please do not comment.

So anyway, what are the schools like in the area? I am looking to head down towards Mandurah or possibly Dawesville. I am a secondary school teacher and I have two young children, so any recommendations for primary schools is appreciated!

Don't have children so can't say, but my neighbors who are very careful about their children's education seem very happy. I know, certainly from Dawesville it would be a bus ride / drive as I see the younger ones being taken in the car and older ones getting on the bus. We are in Dawesville and love it.