Skilled Sponsorship

Guest JC

Can anybody help? My husband and I have both been offered jobs in Perth. Our future employer has asked us to start the process with regards to Visas, however a few of the agents we have spoken to or emailed said they can't help. We have no idea how to get started? Can anyone suggest who could help? Also, does anyone know roughly how long it takes before you get an indication as to whether or not you'll get the visa. I have a degree and family in Oz but my husband has all the experience - who should be the first applicant?

Thank you in advance

JC :?

Hi Cath, thanks for your reply. We have already downloaded the relevant info from that site, but it was a bit depressing as it seemed as though we wouldn't qualify. We really want to use an agent and have contacted Go Matilda and are awaiting a reply. I think we'd be going down the employer skilled sponsorship route. Has anyone ever done this?

Feel like we're putting our lives on hold until we know if we will qualify or not!

Hi, well if you've got nowhere with the immi.gov site you could try having a look on http://www.pomsinperth.com you might find some help there. I seem to remember a posting a few weeks ago from someone who was going down the employer skilled sponsorship route and wanted some advise.

Cath

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, if you have been offered a job, then your future employer should nominate you for the employer sponsorship visa. All the information is on http://www.immi.gov.au. (see Employer Nominated scheme). Once you've been nominated and I think accepted then you have to lodge your application. I think it takes 16 weeks to process.

• 2 weeks later...

Our employer has now lodged her application with our agent. Apparently it takes two weeks to see if she has been succesful and in the meantime we need to get all our paperwork in including medicals. We have been told the whole process can be done within 6 wks. If anyone has any experience of this I would love to hear from them. I have already told my work that it is on the cards and only have a few weeks to make my final decision...

• 1 month later...

Well our future employer lodged their application 3 weeks ago. We were told by the agents that we would know whether they were successful a week ago but so far have heard nothing. We have also been told that we should have an answer at the beginning of November, but I would be surprised. I only have until mid-November to confirm one way or the other with my UK employers (it's a long story). Is there anything we can do to find out how the application is progressing? or is it just a case of wait and see when the agents come back to us. Beginning to feel that we have paid a lot of money for very little work as far as the agents are concerned.

:cry:

Archived