and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

ozziepom

Britain "has run out of money"

Unusual to see a pollie actually telling the truth

Hmm

Rather less surprising to see one blaming everything on the other side though, eh?

Basic expectations management

More worrying, petrol prices apparently rising by 50% by May due to neocon pushed Iran meddling. It's just bad news day in day out here.

Guest Andy
Hmm

Rather less surprising to see one blaming everything on the other side though, eh?

Basic expectations management

Blaming whoever was in the government last for the current problems has always been what a new government has done in the past and on the face of it would seem like a waste of breath as they are there now to sort the mess out, however if their is no money their is no money and that is the stark reality we all face and the coalition have to try to sort it out, they have been entrusted with the job and they will just have to get on with it however it upsets large parts of the population. Apparantly the coalition think it is ok to increase benefits from next year up 5% to cover the cost of higher living costs, however for the working man generally you will have a pay freeze or a pay cut, this seems a little strange to me and is hardly going to get the nation back to work and paying off debt.

Guest Andy
More worrying, petrol prices apparently rising by 50% by May due to neocon pushed Iran meddling. It's just bad news day in day out here.

50%, i am struggling to believe that will happen, people cannot afford to fill up cars now but with a 50% rise i reckon that will just finish most people off.

You know Andy I was just about to agree, but I see more cars than ever on the road. People just cut back on other expenses after a week or two of moaning, laziness always wins out (and I mean laziness witr rgards to both having to actually walk places and laziness in the form of not protesting at yet another govt having our pants down with fuel prices).

I think on here of all places we all know the UK is finished as a civilised "first world" country.

You know Andy I was just about to agree, but I see more cars than ever on the road. People just cut back on other expenses after a week or two of moaning, laziness always wins out (and I mean laziness witr rgards to both having to actually walk places and laziness in the form of not protesting at yet another govt having our pants down with fuel prices).

I think on here of all places we all know the UK is finished as a civilised "first world" country.

Calm down mate

My Brain Hurts!

Guest The Ropey HOFF

The hopeless government are only borrowing £150 billion this year, which is less than the useless Labour government, so it aint all bad, lol.

I have had about 15 per cent in pay rises in the last ten years, whereas in Oz they have had about 45 per cent increases, its ok though someone has to pay for the 60 police officers watching Abu Qatada each week at a cost of £100,000.

Guest guest57588
The hopeless government are only borrowing £150 billion this year, which is less than the useless Labour government, so it aint all bad, lol.

I have had about 15 per cent in pay rises in the last ten years, whereas in Oz they have had about 45 per cent increases, its ok though someone has to pay for the 60 police officers watching Abu Qatada each week at a cost of £100,000.

Watch him do what exactly?. Rehearsing for 'Celebrity Masterchef'?, studying for a City and Guilds in electrical wiring? or revising his A-level chemistry? :wink:.

How big is his council house anyway, if he can fit 60 coppers in there, all busily filling out overtime slips and looking in the paper for security guard jobs?

the UK is finished as a civilised "first world" country.

lol......

I live here and I know what you mean, I was awoken this morning to the stench of raw waste that is filling the streets, we have had no fresh running water for several weeks now, the electricity was on long enough to catch some news headlines, dengue fever and malaria are running out of control, malnourished children litter the streets begging for their next meal, roads are impossible to pass due to mud slides and hurricanes bringing the bridges down forcing the sick, injured and pregnant women to walk all day to their nearest health center. Gangs of gun totting youths hang around the street corners selling hard drugs, the corrupt police force are powerless to act, not enough of them anyway, the govenment turns a blind eye interested only in lining their own pockets, the local schools have been shut for over 6 months, its just no longer safe enough to send the kids. We havnt worked for years, we somehow manage to scrape by on charitable handouts and sending the kids out to beg, I have read recently about the huge rises in fuel cost, im not bothered tho because I cant afford to buy or insure a car anyway.

I always regretted leaving Oz, life was so great there.

• Like 1

Calm down mate

^Yeah, that

UK "finished as a 1st world country"? Silly.

A chancellor about to release a budget and saying there is no money to give away, imagine that, wait until the elections are close, there will be plenty of money to splash about then.

as for the U.K being finished, I've been hearing that for the last 30 years and its still going.

Jeremy Corbyn on the EU  " A European bureaucracy totally unaccountable to anybody"

UK is finished as a civilised "first world" country.

The TV is still good but, init.

Best Newcomer 2013-14.

Guest guest57588
lol......

I live here and I know what you mean, I was awoken this morning to the stench of raw waste that is filling the streets, we have had no fresh running water for several weeks now, the electricity was on long enough to catch some news headlines, dengue fever and malaria are running out of control, malnourished children litter the streets begging for their next meal, roads are impossible to pass due to mud slides and hurricanes bringing the bridges down forcing the sick, injured and pregnant women to walk all day to their nearest health center. Gangs of gun totting youths hang around the street corners selling hard drugs, the corrupt police force are powerless to act, not enough of them anyway, the govenment turns a blind eye interested only in lining their own pockets, the local schools have been shut for over 6 months, its just no longer safe enough to send the kids. We havnt worked for years, we somehow manage to scrape by on charitable handouts and sending the kids out to beg, I have read recently about the huge rises in fuel cost, im not bothered tho because I cant afford to buy or insure a car anyway.

I always regretted leaving Oz, life was so great there.

But I bet you've got a low Council Tax though eh?

Guest AKA63029

We renamed our house 'Britain' recently, and yes.:cry::sad:

Guest The Ropey HOFF

We are ONLY a Trillion pounds in debt, i don't know why anyone should panic. lol

Guest guest57588
We are ONLY a Trillion pounds in debt, i don't know why anyone should panic. lol

Keep Calm and Carry On! :policeman:

50%, i am struggling to believe that will happen, people cannot afford to fill up cars now but with a 50% rise i reckon that will just finish most people off.

Me too, especially since, in the UK, between 70% and 80% of the pump price is tax--so, even if the real wholesale price went up by 50% (unlikely) the effect on the pump price would only be about a 15% increase.

The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.

-Dorothy Parker

Only a trillion...pfft...the US has that beat by a long shot with 14 trillion (8.8 trillion pounds)...and at the rate the moron in office is going it'll get even higher....and you thought the guy before him was bad!

Guest Guest31881
Me too, especially since, in the UK, between 70% and 80% of the pump price is tax--so, even if the real wholesale price went up by 50% (unlikely) the effect on the pump price would only be about a 15% increase.

Tell everyone its going up by 50%. When it goes up by 15% everyone will be pleased it did not rise by 50% and the government can claim to have stepped in to save the day.....

Just as a side note....Canada has apparently located an oil supply though frac'ing that rivals that of the middle east. Majority of the refineries in the US are on the Gulf Coast. Pipeline is the cheapest method to get it there. This would mean much cheaper gas prices for the US and cutting down dependancy on the middle east and it's craziness. All...as in 100%...of the States on the propose pipeline route voted yes to the pipeline through the respective States. The only federal vote was needed at the US/Canada border. That d!psh!t in office VETO'd it! Pandering to the hardcore liberal left "greens" for their vote. That POS is killing the US worse than Bush!

Guest AKA63029

If the government lived in the real world they would have had their credit cards cut up a long time ago by some shrew who worked in a bank.

Sorry mentioned 'banks' and 'credit' in the same sentence.:eek: