2 Staffordshire Bull Terriers

Guest Wendy Sparrow

Guest Wendy Sparrow

Hi

I have 2 Staffordshire Bull Terriers one dog aged 10yrs (22kg) & a bitch aged 5yrs (18kg). I'd be most grateful if you can tell me the process, timescale & cost for my dogs to travel & live in Perth.

Many Thanks

Wendy

Dear Wendy

The process of importing dogs to Australia is as below:

6-12 months before flight date - get rabies vaccination and then 3-4 weeks after a rabies blood test (this rabies blood tests ideally needs doing at least 5 months before the flight date). Also try to make sure your vet does not give the dogs a Leptospira vaccination

Either assign a pet shipper who does it all for you (like us :biggrin:) OR get import permit and apply for quarantine space - with Perth you should do this as early as possible

Within 30 days of the flight the dogs need blood tests to check they have no exotic diseases.

Within 4 days of the flight the dogs need a health check and government paperwork completing.

Day 0 - flight day!

Then minimum 30 days quarantine.

Rough costs - flight ticket and crates - £3100, full service (to include pre travel bloods/paperwork/collection) - £4397 - both are very approximate prices

Hope that helps and if you require a formal quote then hop onto our website and we can send over a more full quote.

Bob

http://www.petairuk.com