looking for a buddy

Guest abz23

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kateylass

Hi Abby, when are planning on leaving the uk? Im 27 from Glasgow, planning on leaving in June to travel round thailand for 2 months then going to oz for a year to work & travel as a nurse/midwife. all my friends all have other commitments or no interest in travelling so would be happy to meet up with you. I would also say that Im sure youll meet plenty people on the way that will be in a similar situation so dont worry too much about it, Im TRYING not to! :-) x

Hi folks! I'm 24 and heading out at the start of September going to Perth - i'm in the same sort of boat with friends settled and not able to go - and finally took the plunge and sorted the visa and flights. It is a bit scary when you think of landing in a new country by yourself but sure thats all part of the experience i suppose! My aim is to get a job in the construction industry and get settled somewhere in WA and hopefully if i get on ok then get another visa to stay on for a while longer.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi folks! I'm 24 and heading out at the start of September going to Perth - i'm in the same sort of boat with friends settled and not able to go - and finally took the plunge and sorted the visa and flights. It is a bit scary when you think of landing in a new country by yourself but sure thats all part of the experience i suppose! My aim is to get a job in the construction industry and get settled somewhere in WA and hopefully if i get on ok then get another visa to stay on for a while longer.

Ideal time to arrive - get the English summer then, just as Autumn is knocking - though September is often a fabulous month in UK - you are off for the Aussie spring. I arrived in Perth, aged 24 in 1978 which makes me feel ANCIENT now. Good luck. You should make friends/contacts in the hostels.