Plastering in Brisbane

Guest Jonowatson

Guest Jonowatson

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping to emigrate to Brisbane about September Tim we've just been allocated a case officer so only medicals and police checks to go ( touch wood they'll be fine).

Just wondered what the plastering situation is like around Brisbane I hear pretty busy. What are the wages like too.

Im thinking of bringing my tools with me is it worth it and what tools are best to bring.

I know these are alot of questions but it's a big move for me my wife and 2 young children

Thanks in advance

• 3 months later...
Guest chris carter

G'day

i if you are expecting to get to Brisbane and carry on plastering as you would in the uk then you gonna be disappointed as I was . You struggle to get the plaster as its all drywall here ! You not allowed to use scrim tape so paper tape is used and it's crap to use . You might get work rendering as that's popular here but beads are rarely used , in the uk you are spoiled with cheap materials but here it's all really expensive , I am just trying to start up my own plastering business using Knauf plaster but they is not much call for white set plastering as they call it . hope this hasn't put you off your plans ,

chris @pommy plastering

• 4 months later...
hello, my partner is currently in Gold coast, really struggeling to find work within plastering! can any one help reguading work situations? hes out and calling everyone but we seem to of come to a dead end, HELP x

Although there is some work on the Gold Coast, that area has been a tough gig across a number of sectors for the last few years. He might have more luck if he looked further afield.