Shocked at the price of Agents!

Guest curragh

Guest curragh

Hi,

So we have been in touch with an agent and the good news is, it all looks good for my OH to get an 176 state sponsered visa :biggrin:

That was soon followed by a gasp at the cost of the agent! I couldn't believe what they charge, can some one give me some figures to make sure I'm not paying over the odd's? Well, that is if we do continue with an agent. We want to, because we're afraid we will muck up big time and lose out on our dream.

Any pearls of wisdom greatly received. :confused:

Guest kianobeano

HI,

i know how you feel !!!

we are family of 5 .....oh a chef ....no papers !!! cost of cert (through agent) €3000 euro -dublin.

TRA-2800E

LODGE VISA- 2950E

IELTS - 185E on sat oh better pass or god knows how much full fee for every repeat !!!

meds for 5 i was told approx 700e

I still havent asked how much the agent is charging as i know i wont be able to do myself,

and because of july changes need it all done asap and right !!! if i knew i'd prob go mental !!!!

Hope this makes you feel alittle better !!!

jen x

Guest detrrdre

Hi Curragh,

we did our visa regional sponsorship with an agent he charged about 2500 euro for his service and was useless, we ended up that my parter got the permanent visa and me and the child didn't, which means that we had to apply for a partner visa which was another 1500 euro. I ended up reading it all up myself and don't think that it is to complicated doing the visa yourself and there is help no you can call as well and ask for advise. So in my opinion paying money to an agent is the same than throuing it out of the window and I know a good few people in ireland who think the same after using an agent.

Where are you looking to move to in Australia?

Guest curragh
HI,

i know how you feel !!!

we are family of 5 .....oh a chef ....no papers !!! cost of cert (through agent) €3000 euro -dublin.

TRA-2800E

LODGE VISA- 2950E

IELTS - 185E on sat oh better pass or god knows how much full fee for every repeat !!!

meds for 5 i was told approx 700e

I still havent asked how much the agent is charging as i know i wont be able to do myself,

and because of july changes need it all done asap and right !!! if i knew i'd prob go mental !!!!

Hope this makes you feel alittle better !!!

jen x

OMG thats so expensive! Makes me feel a little better?!

Detrrdre we're hoping to go to WA as OH has a few friends there. Not been to WA, but I lived in Gosford NSW for 3 years. So kinda excited to be going some where totally new to me, bit nervous too though!

I'm thinking maybe we should have a bit more of a look into it and see if we could do it ourselves. At that price I'm going to do my research first!

For what it's worth, we applied for 176 family sponsored and it took 9 months start to finish - no agent.

It was quite straight forward but I did spend a lot of time researching and always found great answers to my questions on here. I don't have experience with using an agent but if you don't have much time, are a bit overwhelmed by the unfamiliarity of the process and if paperwork is not your thing, an agent would prob be best. If you have a bit of spare time, are good at project management and getting your head around beauracratic systems, then I would go for it on your own and save anew pounds.

It is also worth trying to get a sense of whether your application is straight forward or has some complex issues.

Hope that helps.

Jay