Can someone put my mind at rest - re points!

Guest likesshopping

Guest likesshopping

Just me being a worrier!

We have appointed agent and been accessed for SIR - sponsored by SA government............We just have the right about of points - however, I am SO worried that the points will change before we actually lodge our Visa and that it'll fall through!

Can someone just put my mind at rest and say that if any changes were going to come that we would be given some sort of notice........

.....hope so, as told everyone and my every waking hour is now being taking over thinking about oz.....also becoming obsessed with these forumss(adelaidebrits aswell) - its giving me headaches and cold sores and cannot think straight!!!!!!

sarahxxx

Guest Hayley

Hi Sarah,

We are applying for a skilled visa. We only have enough points as hubbys trade is on MODL. I am dreading them changing and us losing the points before we get the application approved. I think (hope) it's unlikely that there are any major changes to the lists, but nothing is guarenteed.

Same position as you we have told all but am dreading being declined. I am all set on moving now and feel like Ive been waiting a lifetime for our visa.

Hayley

Guest Scotschick

Hi Guys

Just a word of caution. I have been trawling some agents websites and doing their online assessments to doubly doubly make sure that we have the right number of points before putting our application away. On 2 of these websites it came up with 110 points which is 10 points less than passmark for 136 skilled visa. Yet when I have checked the DIMIA website we score 125 points (hubby is carpenter & joiner and on MODL). Because hubby's job did not appear on the agents list they gave us 15 points less than DIMIA would so please be careful and make sure that you get the right information. Seems they didn't give us the 15 points for on MODL but no job offer.

Scotschick

Guest chewie

Hi Sarah,

How many points to you need to be sponsored by the government?

We only scored 110points.

My hubby's a Telecom engineer, can't see it on the list and I'm not really sure what it comes under, anyone know? I thought it might have come under some sort of electrical job, there are a couple of these in demand.

Guest likesshopping

hi - Yes, we only scored 110 points as well - my husband is in IT, but as he hasnt got 5 years experience he has come under Business Manager for 50 points.

If you go for a SIR visa by SA government, they are giving an extra 10 points to you - topping it up to 120..............

Have you spoke with an agent - if not - you should.......there are ways to get in......... We are with ASA consultants - we went with them because I d noticed theyd been recommended by a few people on here...

So far they have been excellent.

Good luck

sarahx

Guest denise milligan

Hi there

I just had a quick read over your message and thought this might interest you.

Our immigration consultant based in WA emailed me the other day to say that he has been notified of some possible changes to the migration regulations.

They are just proposals at this stage, and that some of the options that DIMA are currently considering may not be introduced into the migration regulations. In addition, there is no clear indication about likely timing (possibly the second half of this year, or early 2007).

Nevertheless, two of the proposals could have an impact on a future applications for permanent residence. Firstly, the points for professional skills that are available for some trade occupations may drop from 60 to 50 - if introduced, and if my husband's occupation of Plasterer was affected, we may not be able to achieve the overall pass mark of 120 in the points test for the Skilled Independent Migrant visa category.

Secondly, some occupations may be removed from the Migration Occupations in Demand List (MODL).

He said he would keep me informed so I will pass any information on...

We are about to submit our visa (Subclass 457 4-year) as we wanted to get out to Oz asap. My husband is being sponsored and not sure how long the company are happy to wait for his arrival. We were going to take our time and apply for permanent residency after we had been out there for a few months but since that email I am hard at work getting all the documents etc.. needed for the permanent residency as I don't want to take any chances.

Best of luck!

Dee

Archived