Good spot for holiday half way between UK and Australia ????

Colin lay

Hi..We've been in Oz for over 7 years and enjoying Melbourne. We've been back to UK once and friends have visited us. We're now thinking of planning at holiday about half way!There'll be 2 of us from Oz and about 10 from Uk. Mauritius was one idea?? Has anyone any suggestions / ideas. Cheers..Colin

Thailand is my favourite place especially if you book it all separate online it makes a good adventure and such an easy place to travel around coach or train. If you want a bit of luxury and relaxation then the Maldives is the place to go but be warned once you have been to the Maldives...........nothing else compares and you will be comparing everything with it!

Thailand, India, Maldives all possible, depends what you like really

I'd go for Thailand - easier to get to/get around with minimal hassle, and beachy/watersports holidays bore me no matter how beautiful the place

You could go to Dubai I suppose, if you like shopping or are a bit of a sad knacker ;-)

Guest shusselmann

Hi,

I'd also recommend Thailand - we spent 6 weeks en route to Aus two years ago. If you want somewhere easy to get to Hua Hin is a few hours drive from Bangkok and is a busy beach resort with big hotels, private villas and plenty of local activities if you get bored of the beach (elephant trekking, markets etc). We've also had great holidays in Phuket and Koh Samet.

Happy planning!

Guest SupportPants

If you're after beaches, snorkeling and diving the Maldives is the best by far IMO. Mauritius is interesting with trips and culture and I'd highly recommend the Seychelles.

Thailand is my favourite place especially if you book it all separate online it makes a good adventure and such an easy place to travel around coach or train. If you want a bit of luxury and relaxation then the Maldives is the place to go but be warned once you have been to the Maldives...........nothing else compares and you will be comparing everything with it!

Your not wrong about the Maldives but as a travel agent i know how expensive it is.... Also its a DRY country so only alcohol available is in the resorts and you will pay a high price for drinks. They have also just raised their GMT from 3% in 2011 to 6% in 2012. My recommendation would be Thailand you can get luxury on a showstring and there is so much to see and do. The Maldives is more a honeymoon relaxtion holiday that to be honest i find quite boring after 1 week.

Another option would be Sri lanka super cheap but anywhere worth going to Hikkaduwa or Weligama, Arungama is a 3 - 6 hr transfer from the airport due to one ****ty road that everyone uses!!!

We stop over in China on the way back to the UK. Spend a day or two in Beijing, walking round the Forbidden City in the snow or skating on the frozen lakes at the Yiheyuan at Christmas. Another time we stopped over in Guangzhou and went to see the amazing scenery at Guilin. Makes a change from all the tacky Duty Free hubs like Dubai.