Vetassess Skill Assessment Processing Time

Guest Tanmoy

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent - keep us all updated!

I called the WA this afternoon, their answer is that they have been receiving a very high volume of applications for sponsorship and this time they are not able to keep the processing time at 2 weeks anymore, it will take a couple of weeks, more specifically, about 3 to 4 weeks for the outcome.

Hi guys....just a quick update on my skill assessment with VETASSESS. Documents arrived in Oz on 23rd of February 2012 and i have heard today (12th April 2012) that my application is POSITIVE. So it took exactly 7 weeks for me. I am from the UK and was being assessed under "Other Spatial Scientist" which is a professional occupation. I hope this helps for any other people who sent off their VETASSESS docs at a similar time.

Ooh that is great news JennyandPete! :) Congrats on the positive assessment! I've applied under "Life Scientist nec" so fingers crossed we hear something soon too! We applied on the 29th of Feb 2012 (that's when the documents arrived)!

Congratulations :)

We are doing it all ourselves. IELTS is done, passed with an 8.5 overall, VETASSESS is passed so now its just the big one....175 Visa. We consulted a few agents and then looked at the process and thought it all seemed fairly straight forward so decided to go it alone. With such a massive support network on this forum and various others it was a no brainer for us.

Indeed.

I got my accountant to certify everything, then packaged it all up nicely with header sheets showing what was included in each bundle. Not sure if it helped but thought i would try and make it as easy as i could for the assessor. Posted with DHL who got it there in 3 days! Monitored my status quite closely - had 2 updates, the first to say docs rec'd, the second to say that initial check had been done, then result came through about a week later. Good luck. X

Congratulations smithinoz on your two positive results - and on Friday the 13th :laugh:

My daughter is just getting all her paperwork together for an office manager assessment with vetassess so it was good to see a success story and with such a fast result :biggrin:

I also did an AQF Diploma in Management which may have speeded things up? Best of luck to your daughter - tell her to drop me a line if she has any questions.

Ooh that is great news JennyandPete! :) Congrats on the positive assessment! I've applied under "Life Scientist nec" so fingers crossed we hear something soon too! We applied on the 29th of Feb 2012 (that's when the documents arrived)!

Hi Sephie,

can i ask you if your degree was "highly" relevant to your work? I am a Molecular Biologist and my qualification is in Environmental Sciences and i am worried that VETASSES might not accept it...

I also have a degree in Biotechnology but I have defended my thesis only a few months ago, so I am not sure if they will acknowledge my experience as "post-qualification employment" (even though it is full-time job)...

Hi Joanna, I'm afraid I can't tell you for sure because I haven't got my assessment back yet, but my Masters was in Biological Sciences with emphasis on Cell Biology. And yes, my degree is highly relevant to my work as I work/study in Cell Biology now. Good luck!

Guest Skyline
Hi Sephie,

can i ask you if your degree was "highly" relevant to your work? I am a Molecular Biologist and my qualification is in Environmental Sciences and i am worried that VETASSES might not accept it...

I also have a degree in Biotechnology but I have defended my thesis only a few months ago, so I am not sure if they will acknowledge my experience as "post-qualification employment" (even though it is full-time job)...

Hi Joanna,

I got a positive assessment with Vetassess after 19 weeks but my field of study is not relevant.I'm also confused if I can claim 15 points though it was stated that my Bachelor of Arts is at a desired level.

Another thing,did you apply for a points test advice?I think the additional fee for this is 250aud.I hope someone can shed light on this.THanks

Hi Joanna,

I got a positive assessment with Vetassess after 19 weeks but my field of study is not relevant.I'm also confused if I can claim 15 points though it was stated that my Bachelor of Arts is at a desired level.

Another thing,did you apply for a points test advice?I think the additional fee for this is 250aud.I hope someone can shed light on this.THanks

Hi,

I haven't apply for assessment at all, yet... My current contract ends next year, so I decided to wait until I would have 1 year exp after my last degree.

On VETASSESS website they say that points test advise might take some time now, as many people want to apply for PR before July, 2012...

Hi Joanna, I'm afraid I can't tell you for sure because I haven't got my assessment back yet, but my Masters was in Biological Sciences with emphasis on Cell Biology. And yes, my degree is highly relevant to my work as I work/study in Cell Biology now. Good luck!

Hey,

are you applying for a visa before SkillSelect?