Vetassess Skill Assessment Processing Time

Guest Tanmoy

Hi guys,

I applied for VETASSES skills assessment mid of dec. Does anyone know whether assessment is processed faster for qualifications acquired in Australia or is it a standard 16 weeks regardless of the occupation?

I am also v worried that i might miss the opportunity to apply for State Sponsorship..

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I applied for VETASSESS skills assessment at the end of August (Documents arrived 16th September) - still no outcome :sad: They've done the initial check on my documents and that is it. Hurry up VETASSESS!

Guest Skyline
I applied for VETASSESS skills assessment at the end of August (Documents arrived 16th September) - still no outcome :sad: They've done the initial check on my documents and that is it. Hurry up VETASSESS!

Hi Lily,I'm quire worried too with my Vetasses.Sent mine last October 2011

Good luck with your VETASSESS assessment, guys!! I just found out from my lawyer that he still needed me to sign the application record before he can send it off to VETASSESS! Argh! I thought that he had already submitted a paper based assessment and now I've just found out it was an online one! I definitely am not going to make the July deadline as I also need to apply for VIC SS :(

Hi, I am new in this forum and need some idea of people who have experience of skill assessment with Vetassess.

My wife has applied for Skill Migration with Vetasses for the Occupation "Training and Development Professional" on 21st Dec 2011 and hard copies of the supporting documents were received by them on 6th of Jan 2012.

However there has been no communication from their side after that. I have called them up a couple of times and have mailed them also regarding the estimated time required but always get a standard reply that it will take 16 weeks without getting details of the case.

I am worried that if takes that long and the assessment is not done before May, I will not be able to apply for South Australia SS as they closed the same on 2nd May last year. And if we miss the deadline this year the changes in the next year will be a total different scenario.

It will really help me if I get some idea of the time required for assessment from people with experience of the same.

Please help!!!

If the DIAC select your case for a 'random integrity check', processing could take ages. If you are selected, you can expect VETASSESS to let you know.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest flossiebess

great thread guys, i want to know if i submitted my online application on the 4th feb and sent the supporting docs and signed form on the 7th march, is it 16 weeks from 4th feb or 7th march??

THANKS!

Hello Guys,

Just yesterday I found out that vetassess updated my personal page by adding new information to the description of status which says “Documents checked (initial checking of your documents shows nothing further is required at this stage. You will be contacted if further documents are required) Does this sing mean that I going to get my assessment outcome soon? Who had such experience please advise !!!

Edited by Sherzod27

Guest Tanmoy
Hello Guys,

Just yesterday I found out that vetassess updated my personal page by adding new information to the description of status which says “Documents checked (initial checking of your documents shows nothing further is required at this stage. You will be contacted if further documents are required) Does this sing mean that I going to get my assessment outcome soon? Who had such experience please advise !!!

Dear Sherzod,

Is the above comment appearing under as a Status for "Application Status". If so then I guess your application is moving.

I have a comment saying "Your application record/form and supporting documents have been received and is currently being processed. If VETASSESS require any further documentation in order to proceed with this application you will be notified."

However this is for Application received and was posted the day VETESSESS received the hardcopies of the my application.

Just for your info, I called up VETESSESS yesterday to know the status of my application. This is the 11th week since they have received the hardcopies of my application, and they said that an assesor will not be assigned anytime before mid April and after that it is going to take one more month to the assessment. :arghh:

~Tanmoy

Dear Sherzod,

Is the above comment appearing under as a Status for "Application Status". If so then I guess your application is moving.

I have a comment saying "Your application record/form and supporting documents have been received and is currently being processed. If VETASSESS require any further documentation in order to proceed with this application you will be notified."

However this is for Application received and was posted the day VETESSESS received the hardcopies of the my application.

Just for your info, I called up VETESSESS yesterday to know the status of my application. This is the 11th week since they have received the hardcopies of my application, and they said that an assesor will not be assigned anytime before mid April and after that it is going to take one more month to the assessment. :arghh:

~Tanmoy

Yes, it appeared as a status description of my application under the first comment, which is same as yours. ("Your application record/form and supporting documents have been received and is currently being processed. If VETASSESS require any further documentation in order to proceed with this application you will be notified.")

Guys, who can tell me how long it usually takes after assessment officer is appointed? It looks like as assessment officer is appointed already.

I have another question: I am planning to apply for state sponsorship.(WA) Do I need to send the originals or the certified copy of an assessment outcome to sponsoring state ? The thing is when I applied for assessment I selected ordinary way (ordinary mail) of delivery which is the slowest. I found out from some friend that one can’t change the delivery method once application is completed. In order to save time, I am planning to ask them to send the outcome to my friends address in Melbourne where he can scan and send me a copy. Otherwise, it will take at least 25 days before it reaches me.

I do not know whether I need the original of this assessment outcome later when I apply to DIAC….

Guys , Please share you knowledge !!!!

Edited by Sherzod27

Guest Tanmoy
Yes, it appeared as a status description of my application under the first comment, which is same as yours. ("Your application record/form and supporting documents have been received and is currently being processed. If VETASSESS require any further documentation in order to proceed with this application you will be notified.")

Guys, who can tell me how long it usually takes after assessment officer is appointed? It looks like as assessment officer is appointed already.

I have another question: I am planning to apply for state sponsorship.(WA) Do I need to send the originals or the certified copy of an assessment outcome to sponsoring state ? The thing is when I applied for assessment I selected ordinary way (ordinary mail) of delivery which is the slowest. I found out from some friend that one can’t change the delivery method once application is completed. In order to save time, I am planning to ask them to send the outcome to my friends address in Melbourne where he can scan and send me a copy. Otherwise, it will take at least 25 days before it reaches me.

I do not know whether I need the original of this assessment outcome later when I apply to DIAC….

Hi Sherzod,

Just to clarify, now you have two comments on your personal page? One which is same as mine and a new one after that? Please confirm as as far as I remember your application was also received by them on 6th January which is same as mine.

~Tanmoy

• 2 weeks later...
Guest surmeetmaini

Hi guys,

Put the application through on the 15th feb documents received on the 24h feb....Waiting starts now:S

But 12-16 weeks to much my agent told me 6-8 weeks.

Hi guys,

Put the application through on the 15th feb documents received on the 24h feb....Waiting starts now:S

But 12-16 weeks to much my agent told me 6-8 weeks.

It is pretty sure that you are not able to receive your Skill Assessment Result by Vetasess before 12-16 weeks as stated on their website.

The average time I read on this forum is about 20 weeks.

I think you should expect your Assessment Out come after 16-20 weeks due to the increasing number of applicants and changes in July 2012 now.

The process to apply WA sponsorship is online, you are only required to send the soft copy of all documents including positive skill assessment result, CV and evidence to prove your English ability (IELTS>6), if you are an English native speaker then just scan your passport.

All should be scanned in colour, no hard copy is required.

Please go to this link for application http://smconline.dtwd.wa.gov.au/

Edited by huythai

It is pretty sure that you are not able to receive your Skill Assessment Result by Vetasess before 12-16 weeks as stated on their website.

The average time I read on this forum is about 20 weeks.

I got mine back from Vetassess in 6 weeks, and others on this forum have as well. It depends on the complexity of the application it seems.

Hi Tanmoy & Other Members,

I've checked my online tracking platorm for Vetassess 3-4 days back. I found another update by them (That the initial check has been done and no further docs are required at this time), this is the second update after the one quoted by Tanmoy below (which is a standard one and it starts appearing the moment your details are entered in their system). Just tothrow some more light on my case, my application was received by them on 13/01/12 and I'll complete my 16 weeks on 13/05/12. I plan to apply for WA SS in Fin. Ins. Branch Manager category. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the SS for WA does not get stop by that time.

What I've come to know from my consultant, that it takes around 2 weeks for a WA SS to come. Let us hope for the best and apply to DIAC in the last week of May/First week of June and meet in Australia in 2013 (If everything falls in place for all of us, which will surely do). Please feel free to get in touch with me on singhvikramonline@gmail.com.

Regards,

Vikram

[

QUOTE=Tanmoy;1370579]Dear Sherzod,

~Tanmoy

I got mine back from Vetassess in 6 weeks, and others on this forum have as well. It depends on the complexity of the application it seems.

Odd cases only, I think you'd better not to expect to receive the outcome under Vetassess processing time as stated on their website, otherwise you'll make yourself frustrated.