Anyone had a skills assessed by TRA since OCT 2011???

Dean74

Has the processing time gone up then?

Tina x

Hi Hon,

As far as I know the normal 60 working days at present. Although on the online portal is says normal processing time is 30 working days. I won't be having a panic attack for a good few weeks yet:biggrin:. I wanted to see the online portal and make sure we were defo in the "system". I have filed the passcodes away so that I am not tempted to check it for a long while.

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finaly ,I opened the online portal in noon and I saw "finalization day " today 10-10-12.After a few hours I revesited the portal and from "awaitting assessment" the sstatus went to "successful".It took TRA two months and a week to complete the procedure.I applied for "General Plumber" and I prepared the application all by myself without the use of a migration agent.If I was able to do it without being a native speaker you people certainly can.I also have to add that the whole file was resend to me by mail due to a mistake that I made ,not to certify the copy of my passport.Good luck to everyone else waitting.Now I just need to achieve a full 7 at IELTS because I will hit 40 in a week or so.

Guest yabisht

[h=2]Gap in workex due to study break for MBA - which visa category to apply for PR?[/h]

We are planning to apply for PR. Need inputs from the forum members.

Me and my husband have work ex of 4y4m and 5 y respectively, but it is split in two parts. Before and after MBA. Current work ex post MBA is 2 yr 4 months for both. Subclass 189 and 190 says 36/48 months should be in same occupation. So we are unable to find the right visa type for us. because 30 months back we were actually studing in B-schools.

Earlier work ex previous to MBA is 23 months (me) 33 months (husband).

Other Details:

We are in the same industry through out the employment: IT industry for 4 Y 4 M (me), and 5 Y (husband)

Work profile before MBA - more technical, 70% development or testing, 30% business analysis

Work profile after MBA - more functional, 80% business analysis, 20% development or testing

Please advise which visa will suit us wrt Australia 189/190? Our ultimate objective is to get PR of Australia. Any suggestion is welcome.

That's great news, maybe it's not all doom and gloom after all. Good luck with your IELTS.

Thanx mate ,the whole TRA thing was quite soul-consuming.Let me hope that IELTS is doable for my level of English.I sat it last January and got L7 ,R7,W6,S6.5 so ,after almost a year of preperation I think I will be able to score properly.Fingers crossed for Nov 8th.

Thanx mate ,the whole TRA thing was quite soul-consuming.Let me hope that IELTS is doable for my level of English.I sat it last January and got L7 ,R7,W6,S6.5 so ,after almost a year of preperation I think I will be able to score properly.Fingers crossed for Nov 8th.

Good Luck on your IELTS Spyros. After getting through TRA, you certainly deserve a good score. Keeping everything crossed for you:biggrin:

• 1 month later...
CONGRATULATIONS! Have a glass of wine to celebrate!

Thanks Hon. As you can imagine we are incredibly relieved and my husband cannot stop grinning at me whenever he sees me. His phone has been ringing off the hook as word has got round.

How about you? Any news on your Points Advice Letter?

They received the paperwork yesterday so now just waiting for them to assess it.

Best of Luck Hon. They seem quite good with their processing times now, so finger's crossed you won't have to wait too long. let's face it, I would have thought it is just a case of getting your file out again, they have everything they need already.

I know you kept saying that:biglaugh: but I just couldn't believe it because every agent we spoke to said we would never do it.

I know every agent I spoke to said we (well Robin) would never be able to get TRA once the D (I think) pathway was removed, but here we both are with a postive TRA assessment, yay!.

Tina x

Best of Luck Hon. They seem quite good with their processing times now, so finger's crossed you won't have to wait too long. let's face it, I would have thought it is just a case of getting your file out again, they have everything they need already.

I like your theory on that, and you're right, but they'll need to justify the extra $300 somehow!

Good luck with your EOI!

• 1 month later...

hello. were quite new to the who visa applications so pls bear with me! were wanting to go to oz on a 189 were now looking into our first step which iv been told would be to get my partners skills assessest via TRA as there is a back log, hes a plasterer by trade, iv had conversations with the immi in london and was advised to do this first, im rather confused tho, how do we go about this? chris (my partner) does not have a nvq in the trade but has 10yrs experience. where do we start getting this done? all help and advice will be great x

hello. were quite new to the who visa applications so pls bear with me! were wanting to go to oz on a 189 were now looking into our first step which iv been told would be to get my partners skills assessest via TRA as there is a back log, hes a plasterer by trade, iv had conversations with the immi in london and was advised to do this first, im rather confused tho, how do we go about this? chris (my partner) does not have a nvq in the trade but has 10yrs experience. where do we start getting this done? all help and advice will be great x

I have answered on your other thread. If you want detailed info re the assessment with TRA, just send me a PM.

• 3 weeks later...

Hallo all,

Next month i will apply to TRA ,at the moment i'm collecting all the papers(hundreds!) to be certified and traslated (i'm not english native speaker) ,i would like to ask you some questions to you that already passed the TRA assesment if you don't mind..

Do you need to pass an interview over internet with TRA ?

How many employers letter you had for every job ?

Payslips have to be certified?

Do you mandatory need an apprentiship or a certificate from the school is enough?

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]what's a 'Certified copy of your full transcript of results, including the dates you started and finish training'?

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Thank you in advance for your time and kindness.

Hallo all,

Next month i will apply to TRA ,at the moment i'm collecting all the papers(hundreds!) to be certified and traslated (i'm not english native speaker) ,i would like to ask you some questions to you that already passed the TRA assesment if you don't mind..

Do you need to pass an interview over internet with TRA ?

How many employers letter you had for every job ?

Payslips have to be certified?

Do you mandatory need an apprentiship or a certificate from the school is enough?

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]what's a 'Certified copy of your full transcript of results, including the dates you started and finish training'?

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Thank you in advance for your time and kindness.

Hi, I'll try to answer a few of your questions.

Your application should be 'decision ready' meaning that everything should be in place for them to assess your case. I don't know of anyone who has had to have an interview with them, but if anyone had please speak up.

I included 1 letter from every employer I had worked for in the last 10 years. If you look on the TRA website there is a part that gives you the format they expect and the info required.

I had everything certified just to be sure but again there is a check list on TRA website.

You need an apprenticeship or trade qualification for the occupation you are applying to have assessed with minimum 3 years experience since passing it. If you don't have this though you can gain an Australian qualification based on your recognised prior learning called an AQF. If you email TRA with your qualification history and experience then they will advise you on what you need to do. They reply within a week generally.

Good luck