Anyone had a skills assessed by TRA since OCT 2011???

Dean74

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Caz. Once you resubmit it shows your first submission date and outcome then on the next line shows the new submission date and goes back to awaiting assessment. I tend to only check it once a day in the morning UK time because you can end up getting a bit obsessed with it but just thought I'd have a look tonight and it had changed since I looked this morning! So relieved, one step closer!

I've been keeping an eye on this thread ever since we first submitted our application in March, we got an unsuccessful outcome mid June, re submitted on 2nd Aug and just logged in to see a successful outcome!!! Can't quite believe it, had pretty much convinced ourselves we weren't going to get through! Fingers crossed for all those of you that are still waiting, I feel your pain!!!

Congrads on your outcome.I believe that to be quite soul-consuming ,nevertheless you have what you wished for ,a +ve outcome.I hope my result to be anounced soon on their site since the hold my application also on August 2 .Hope to have a +ve outcome myself.By the way what was the reason for rejecting it at the first place ,what were you told to do and finally was there any change to "awaiting assesment " status?Thanx in advance for your answer.

I've been keeping an eye on this thread ever since we first submitted our application in March, we got an unsuccessful outcome mid June, re submitted on 2nd Aug and just logged in to see a successful outcome!!! Can't quite believe it, had pretty much convinced ourselves we weren't going to get through! Fingers crossed for all those of you that are still waiting, I feel your pain!!!

:ssign19:Well DonePerkypie!!! Can I ask why they felt you needed to supply more evidence on your first submission? We have sent a lever arch file of papers, but I am now panicking that perhaps we have still been too vague.

I know once I get a reference number I will develop an addiction. OH says no point in checking until at least two month's time. Yeah right ...:nah:

My OH was self employed for a couple of years about 8 years ago, we sent plenty of info for paid employment but not enough evidence for the self employed years, ended up like you Candygirl, sent a box full of paperwork, photos etc the second time and thankfully it was enough! The addiction to check every day is dreadful but you just can't help it!!!!

Our parcel has been received and signed for at TRA, but still no acknowledgement from TRA.

I am just so sick of worrying about these people. What will be, will be. I always say life is too short, I think I am defo shortening my life by worrying all of the time:biggrin:

Hi Candygirl,

Don't stress too much, mine was signed for on Sept 12 and confirmation letter arrived on Sept 18. I did ask for email notifications but that obviously was too quick, easy and cheap! Lol

:mad:

They've sent back our review docs because the bank draft was made out to trades recognition australia instead of DIISRTE CPM! I am devastated! I never used to be this much of an idiot! ....... I used to be quite clever! I've sent them an email to see if we can still send in review. And think I'll ring them later too.

They've sent back our review docs because the bank draft was made out to trades recognition australia instead of DIISRTE CPM! I am devastated! I never used to be this much of an idiot! ....... I used to be quite clever! I've sent them an email to see if we can still send in review. And think I'll ring them later too.

Oh UNLIKE!!!

Lets us know how you get on.

Tina

Now, this may just be the cynic in me, but don't TRA charge another $300 for doing reviews?? I wonder how many extra bucks they make by finding minor reasons not to give +ve assessments first time??

Ha ha Hon, people have said the very same in the past:biggrin:. We will never know:confused:.

I ve sent my file and due to my hurry to get the dates for skillselect I forgot to certify my first page of my passport.A childish mistake but unfortunately I paid for it .It took TRA a month to return the file and another 2 weeks to resend all the documents back.Actually ,they firstly returned my application with my uncertified copy and then ,a month later the rest of the documents.So ,dont blame yourself ,mistakes can happen ,thats why they call them like that.Have faith ,if they accept it ,you are on the right way.

Edited by spyros

Well I've sent all my stuff without sending a letter from the authorised signatory with her contact details etc on.:eek:

I've been in touch with TRA thou and they're happy to have a faxed copy with the original sent on.

I don't see why they can't just ask you for another bank draft and hold your review docs until it arrives. There seems to be no consistency with anything they do.

The only way to check your status through the online portal is go to the homepage of TRA here http://www.deewr.gov.au/Skills/Programs/SkillsAssess/TRA/Pages/default.aspx

scroll down to the 'i need to check on the progress of my application heading' and click on the online portal link.

I made TRA aware of the problem with other links to the portal on their site several times about 12 months ago, has anything been done about it ? has it f**k !!!!!

The only way to check your status through the online portal is go to the homepage of TRA here http://www.deewr.gov.au/Skills/Programs/SkillsAssess/TRA/Pages/default.aspx

scroll down to the 'i need to check on the progress of my application heading' and click on the online portal link.

I made TRA aware of the problem with other links to the portal on their site several times about 12 months ago, has anything been done about it ? has it f**k !!!!!

Thank you so much :notworthy:. I had been following the wrong link on their website. Yep, as you say, nowt has been done. Ridiculous!!

Wow ours is due to be submitted by our agent any day now.. I guess we're in for a long wait then!

Could you please send me your details re your TRA application and I will add them to the TRA time scales. We have done this so that we can gauge the current "waiting" times for people who have submitted. All we need is the date you sent it and the date they acknowledged it. Obviously, as people get assessed, we will add those details in as well. Thanks.