Anyone had a skills assessed by TRA since OCT 2011???

Dean74

Hi guys I have also been missing from this thread for awhile as been busy with work and finalising medicals etc, just wanted to wish you all the best of luck with your applications, our visa was granted today 5 months and 3 days from when we started the process !! As you can imagine we are delighted and in a state of shock how quickly it has all happend, once TRA is approved it all went very fast. Fingers crossed for everyone who is still waiting xx

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ceara

Hi All

Im fairly new to this and need some advice or help on submitting my skills assessment to tra!

My partner is a painter self employed..

We are trying to gather as much evidence as possible but do not have payslips as he was paid cash so have been advised to do a stat dec. I have been having some trouble trying to do this as I dont really know what I am meant to state in it? Is it simply to state the things that you cannot provide written evidence for?

Also has anyone got any advice on what way to submit the documents in terms of the layout, has anyone divided theirs into sections etc

Many Thanks :-)

Ceara

Hi guys I have also been missing from this thread for awhile as been busy with work and finalising medicals etc, just wanted to wish you all the best of luck with your applications, our visa was granted today 5 months and 3 days from when we started the process !! As you can imagine we are delighted and in a state of shock how quickly it has all happend, once TRA is approved it all went very fast. Fingers crossed for everyone who is still waiting xx

:ssign19: Congratulations!!!! I bet you are all sooo relieved.

Hi All

Im fairly new to this and need some advice or help on submitting my skills assessment to tra!

My partner is a painter self employed..

We are trying to gather as much evidence as possible but do not have payslips as he was paid cash so have been advised to do a stat dec. I have been having some trouble trying to do this as I dont really know what I am meant to state in it? Is it simply to state the things that you cannot provide written evidence for?

Also has anyone got any advice on what way to submit the documents in terms of the layout, has anyone divided theirs into sections etc

Many Thanks :-)

Ceara

Hopefully one of the guys that have actually passed TRA can offer some good advice.

I have compiled a Document List (an index) of everything that we are sending to TRA and cross checked it against the TRA Guidelines. I thought this would make life for the assessor to see at first sight what is included in the "pack" of evidence.

What did everyone send theirs in? Did you put it in a ringbinder or have it bound? Silly question, but I don't want to leave anything to change, especially as it has been so difficult for us to get to this stage.

Thanks.

Guest ceara

Hi there

Yes I put mine all in a flexible ringbinder with seperate dividers for each section and also including a checklist of evidence at the front so hopefully they will just tick tick tick! Wishful thinking! Just waiting on few more references and accountants letter, then finalise it all including final draft of the stat dec :-)

Thanks Paul. Getting all the bits and pieces together now.

How are things with you Guys? Any news?

We've submitted our EOI, and now just waiting for our invitation to apply for our visa.

I started a thread today about DIAC limiting the number of applications they are inviting at the moment.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/157695-diac-impose-temporary-limit-eoi-invitations.html

Hopefully one of the guys that have actually passed TRA can offer some good advice.

I have compiled a Document List (an index) of everything that we are sending to TRA and cross checked it against the TRA Guidelines. I thought this would make life for the assessor to see at first sight what is included in the "pack" of evidence.

What did everyone send theirs in? Did you put it in a ringbinder or have it bound? Silly question, but I don't want to leave anything to change, especially as it has been so difficult for us to get to this stage.

Thanks.

Sorry, can't help as we scanned and then couriered the pack to our agent who forwarded it on to the TRA but not sure the final format he sent on to them.

I had over 400 pages but kept everything loose as was not sure if they would need to focus on specific documents.

I put all related documents together in separate plastic wallets i.e. timesheets / invoices / bank statements / employment references / certificates etc. I had a spreadsheet detailing weekly income for the full period at the front for the financial bits. This showed the timesheets agreeding to invoices agreeing to receipts of income on the bank statement (on which I marked in pencil the invoice numbers related to each deposit). We got there in the end but it is not an experience I would want to repeat......:nah:

Good luck!!

Sorry, can't help as we scanned and then couriered the pack to our agent who forwarded it on to the TRA but not sure the final format he sent on to them.

I had over 400 pages but kept everything loose as was not sure if they would need to focus on specific documents.

I put all related documents together in separate plastic wallets i.e. timesheets / invoices / bank statements / employment references / certificates etc. I had a spreadsheet detailing weekly income for the full period at the front for the financial bits. This showed the timesheets agreeding to invoices agreeing to receipts of income on the bank statement (on which I marked in pencil the invoice numbers related to each deposit). We got there in the end but it is not an experience I would want to repeat......:nah:

Good luck!!

I was thinking along the lines of plastic wallets as well.

Good idea with the invoices and bank statements. I had not thought of that, but it is now on my list of things to send as well.

Did you do this for all the years you were claiming?

Thanks Lorraine x

Thanks for the advice.

Guest Illumanati2
My TRA is still missing in the post..spoke to TRA and they dont have it....My uncles parcel arrived safely but no TRA ( sent at same time, both to Canberra).....I feel a bit stupid not sending it recorded or tracked now...I did read somewhere I could not track it to a PO BOX number thats why I never :(....the thought of putting all that info together again along with the cost is gutting........gonna ring again monday / tuesday just incase it turns up but wishful thinking !!!

well its finally turned up with TRA. LOL- gotta love the postal system

I was thinking along the lines of plastic wallets as well.

Good idea with the invoices and bank statements. I had not thought of that, but it is now on my list of things to send as well.

Did you do this for all the years you were claiming?

Thanks Lorraine x

Thanks for the advice.

Yes, all the years were indexed (bit trickyat year end but did duplicate copies for these where relevant)

Good luck. It is worth it in the end but it is hard work and a true test of patience.

When we submitted all the paperwork for my daughter's initial vetassess, we used plastic wallets to group documents together and also included a list, attached to the front of the bundle, indicating exactly what was in each of the plastic wallets.

Good luck with it all Candygirl :smile:

When we submitted all the paperwork for my daughter's initial vetassess, we used plastic wallets to group documents together and also included a list, attached to the front of the bundle, indicating exactly what was in each of the plastic wallets.

Good luck with it all Candygirl :smile:

Thanks Val. I wish we could submit to Vetasses. I know that no assessing body is easy, but I really think Vetasses are more human and at least the people who work there have been tradies.

Illuminati2 - your carrier pidgeon must be well worn out!!!!:biggrin: OMG moment, I cannot believe how long it has taken them to acknowledge receipt of your papers

• 2 weeks later...

Can't say I'm exactly waiting procrastinating would prob be a better description Lorraine!:-)

Once the soreness from the c-section gets a bit better I'll get my arse into gear again hopefully be able to send off appeal by the end of next week! Then it's back to the waiting game!

Can't say I'm exactly waiting procrastinating would prob be a better description Lorraine!:-)

Once the soreness from the c-section gets a bit better I'll get my arse into gear again hopefully be able to send off appeal by the end of next week! Then it's back to the waiting game!

:biglaugh: I was trying to be diplomatic Hon. Now that you are back home I will send you a message xx

After a failed TRA assement we are now going thought vetassess for AFQ and skills assement! Paper work went off a week ago now just waiting for date for hubby's practical test!! Oh and the fourth attempt at ielts this Saturday!! We'll get there. Keep telling myself ' the best things come to those who wait' :0)

After a failed TRA assement we are now going thought vetassess for AFQ and skills assement! Paper work went off a week ago now just waiting for date for hubby's practical test!! Oh and the fourth attempt at ielts this Saturday!! We'll get there. Keep telling myself ' the best things come to those who wait' :0)

Good Luck with your skills assessment and IELTS Harriet.

How have you managed to get assessed by Vetasses instead of TRA? They seem to be less stringent on what they require and most agents prefer to deal with them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone.. Just a quick update on where we are at the moment. Passed my IELTS test. And after a long wait and our third attempt with TRA at no fault of our own but that being our ex agent not sending in all the information that was required, we logged on today and have been given the outcome which was SUCCESSFUL...!!! We're so happy.. Now just to finish and submit our EOI...

Good luck to everyone else..

Hey everyone.. Just a quick update on where we are at the moment. Passed my IELTS test. And after a long wait and our third attempt with TRA at no fault of our own but that being our ex agent not sending in all the information that was required, we logged on today and have been given the outcome which was SUCCESSFUL...!!! We're so happy.. Now just to finish and submit our EOI...

Good luck to everyone else..

You certainly deserve a double :ssign19: :ssign19:

What an absolute relief that must be!!!!!!

On one hand, we are absolutely dreading sending off these papers, but on the other hand, we just want them gone now. We are sick of them. I cannot believe how many times I have read them, re-read them and then think of something else to add.

I feel like we are going before a Judge and Jury to prove our innocence:biggrin:

Thank you very much :) it is such a big relief.. I know what you mean about just wanting to get the paper work off.. We dealt with TRA directly and found a lady called Desiree very helpful she informed us on what exactly that required from us.. It all seemed to happy quite quick this time round now that we did it. All I can say is have a good last time read over it and then get it sent off try not dwell on it to much. I'm sure all will come out positive for you we have out fingers and toes crossed for you..

You certainly deserve a double :ssign19: :ssign19:

What an absolute relief that must be!!!!!!

On one hand, we are absolutely dreading sending off these papers, but on the other hand, we just want them gone now. We are sick of them. I cannot believe how many times I have read them, re-read them and then think of something else to add.

I feel like we are going before a Judge and Jury to prove our innocence:biggrin:

Thank you very much :) it is such a big relief.. I know what you mean about just wanting to get the paper work off.. We dealt with TRA directly and found a lady called Desiree very helpful she informed us on what exactly that required from us.. It all seemed to happy quite quick this time round now that we did it. All I can say is have a good last time read over it and then get it sent off try not dwell on it to much. I'm sure all will come out positive for you we have out fingers and toes crossed for you..

Thank You. I am starting to photocopy everything now ready to take to the UK to get it all certified on Friday. I feel sick with worry. This is a big step for us as until my OH had his AQF III, they would not even give us a second look. Now that OH has his AQF III they are querying other things and have found more hoops for us to jump over. We have just decided to send off for assessment and see what happens. At least that way we would know what they are not happy about, but we are hoping that we are worrying/pulling our hair out for nothing. Will keep you posted.