Anyone had a skills assessed by TRA since OCT 2011???

Dean74

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My husband submitted his to TRA at end of Oct, it was acknowledged on the 1st Nov, It has been well over the 60 days for us, taking into account they were closed for nearly 3 weeks at xmas and all the weekends etc, our 60 working days was up about a week and a half ago. Its a nightmare, so worried we are not going to make it before the July changes.

Something along the lines of you can't just apply for a visa, you have to make an expression of interest to the visa people and they then invite people to apply so for some it could take alot longer,people who have made an EOI will be ranked, and then selected - ie invited to apply - for skilled migration to Australia, there should be information on it on the immigration websites. I think in reality it just means it's not going to be a case of you just applying when you decide you want to.

My husband submitted his to TRA at end of Oct, it was acknowledged on the 1st Nov, It has been well over the 60 days for us, taking into account they were closed for nearly 3 weeks at xmas and all the weekends etc, our 60 working days was up about a week and a half ago. Its a nightmare, so worried we are not going to make it before the July changes.

HI, have you tried ringing them to see what their explanation is? i spoke to a lady from TRA on Jan 16th and she told me i would not have to wait much longer and when i pushed her for a approx date she said early Feb and i am one month behind you! mind she never said Feb 2012!!

:arghh:

HI, have you tried ringing them to see what their explanation is? i spoke to a lady from TRA on Jan 16th and she told me i would not have to wait much longer and when i pushed her for a approx date she said early Feb and i am one month behind you! mind she never said Feb 2012!!

:arghh:

Haha I have a feeling it may be Feb 2013, no its not funny really! But it is a joke, I have emailed them twice and got the same response both times, obviously an automated reply as they both say no longer than 60 Working days due to their backlog, well it has been approx 70 working days for us now!!! It is driving me mad all the waiting especially as when we decided to do this we worked out roughly how long it might take and TRA back then were taking 4- 5 weeks, ours has now been about 16 weeks.

Guest kianobeano

Hi pswebb38,

Had you kept your p60's all those years or how you get them. My agent said to get a letter from tax office for last 8 years for oh so thats what i did. do you know if thats enough, had you sent in nothing like that till they asked. We still not sent to tra yet anyway, but getting it all ready for them

jen [

QUOTE=pswebb38;1341029]Spoke to our agent on Friday who said TRA have got to confirm how many years experience my wife has! Apparently they have to do this for everyone now.

We sent in P60's for the last 10 years to prove this so hopefully we should be all sorted soon.

Hi pswebb38,

Had you kept your p60's all those years or how you get them. My agent said to get a letter from tax office for last 8 years for oh so thats what i did. do you know if thats enough, had you sent in nothing like that till they asked. We still not sent to tra yet anyway, but getting it all ready for them

jen

Your tax office should send you out copies of everything you need, I rang and got everything sent out for my DH we've got everything together and just have to get certified now.

Guest kianobeano

Hi Caz,

yes, this is what i did but it came on one A4 sheet of paper, and it was written in a list.

It didnt specify months, just years and name of job and amount earned, i have them certified and sent to agent

so just waiting to get the trade cert and its all go !

Is this what you got from tax office ? they told me they dont keep copies of p60's.

when are you applying to tra ? do you think we will get in before july?

thanks for reply

jen

Your tax office should send you out copies of everything you need, I rang and got everything sent out for my DH we've got everything together and just have to get certified now.

Hi Jen

Des is self employed so I just rang local office and asked for tax records as far back as they had them and they sent them out. But what you have sounds like it's grand. Hopefully be able to send everything on Mon have some stuff that still needs to be certified. Judging by this thread I doubt we'll get it back in time!

Caz

Hi Caz,

yes, this is what i did but it came on one A4 sheet of paper, and it was written in a list.

It didnt specify months, just years and name of job and amount earned, i have them certified and sent to agent

so just waiting to get the trade cert and its all go !

Is this what you got from tax office ? they told me they dont keep copies of p60's.

when are you applying to tra ? do you think we will get in before july?

thanks for reply

jen

Guest kianobeano

Hi CAZ,

even if we dont hear in time am i right in saying you still need TRA approval before putting in for EOI , do you know?

are you going for 176?

thanks jen

Hi CAZ,

even if we dont hear in time am i right in saying you still need TRA approval before putting in for EOI , do you know?

are you going for 176?

thanks jen

Hi jen

Yeah I just read the Skill Select page today you still need the same stuff and points they are goin to put a cap on the amount of visas they give per year to each occupation and the higher points the quicker you'll be invited to apply from what I can make out. Yeah we're applying for WA, where you planning on?

Caz

Phoned TRA last night, The lady on the phone said she could not tell me what month they are currently proccessing and all she could tell me is that i was awaiting assessment. When asked if my case would run into next couple of months she just repeated herself by saying she did not have that info. I think this TRA situation is worse than i first imagined and i am now beginning to lose confidence in getting assessed before june!

Phoned TRA last night, The lady on the phone said she could not tell me what month they are currently proccessing and all she could tell me is that i was awaiting assessment. When asked if my case would run into next couple of months she just repeated herself by saying she did not have that info. I think this TRA situation is worse than i first imagined and i am now beginning to lose confidence in getting assessed before june!

Aw poo!!!

Hello,

I am new to this forum! Me and my hubby are starting to gather all his docs for TRA assessment. We are doing this on our own, without any help from an agent. Can anyone help me with a sample of a statement of employment? I am not too sure if what we have drafted is correct :(

My husband will submit for Mechanical Engineering Technician - 312512

He also has listed some trainings in his resume but most are in-house machine trainings provided by the companies, there were no certificates provided. Do we need to provide a formal explanation for this? :((

I hope someone can give us advise! thank you!!

Guest kianobeano

Hi sherlie,

i can't help with your sample statement, but i do know you need a qualification for the tra. A certificate to a certain standard.

My husband is a chef and did an apprentice in house, but weve had to pay €3k to get a cert to say hes a chef to give to tra.

best of luck, prob best to even give an agent a call for advice

jen