At last im finally on my way home

Stuju

Stats show that most people moving back to the uk regret doing so. Personally I have met several families that moved back to the uk for the things they missed only to move to oz again.

No way NEVER will i regret moving home, im an english rose at heart & far to pommie to be a aussie thou they call me a pozzie as i have dual citizenship, i have 5 other sets of friends that have moved back home some have ping ponged a couple of times & none of them regret it at all, with my situation 2 children in the uk & only one here with me its a big divide & a heartbreaking way to live........ ive wnated to go home ever since i landed on aussie shores 6 years ago, so thanks for your tip & statistics but for me your so wrong !!!!!!!

I know the sense of relief you feeling that for sure counting down to September but hoping the econmey back home picks up walking in the same way i walked in to aus lol

Yes me too its a bit worrying about having to find jobs etc etc & start all over again, but ant be any worse than here my daughter left year 12 in november & still hasnt managed to get work here in oz & ive been out of work here for 2 years now its so hard here on the coast where we are 300 apps for every job too much competition

Yes me too its a bit worrying about having to find jobs etc etc & start all over again, but ant be any worse than here my daughter left year 12 in november & still hasnt managed to get work here in oz & ive been out of work here for 2 years now its so hard here on the coast where we are 300 apps for every job too much competition

300 applications for every job :frown: It ain't even that many in the uk, I thought thing were on the slow side in oz, but not that much.

300 applications for every job :frown: It ain't even that many in the uk, I thought thing were on the slow side in oz, but not that much.

It's where we are the central coast in NSW a friend of ours was advertising for a secretary a while back & had over 300 apps a 100 of those where from Sydney & thats an hours drive plus depending in Syd where you live. Ive even had reply emails from when i have applied for a job saying we had over 300 apps its just mad !!!!

Guest legselevn

hay there i to am returning to ireland end o the year have you any tips on what company to use for shipping back stuff.do there all go by wieght hubby wants to sent back some tool boxes.any help be great.every one thinks im mad returnin to ireland but i just never settled.best o luck with ur move back home.

No way NEVER will i regret moving home, im an english rose at heart & far to pommie to be a aussie thou they call me a pozzie as i have dual citizenship, i have 5 other sets of friends that have moved back home some have ping ponged a couple of times & none of them regret it at all, with my situation 2 children in the uk & only one here with me its a big divide & a heartbreaking way to live........ ive wnated to go home ever since i landed on aussie shores 6 years ago, so thanks for your tip & statistics but for me your so wrong !!!!!!!

Me too......................2 Children in UK and 2 here

hay there i to am returning to ireland end o the year have you any tips on what company to use for shipping back stuff.do there all go by wieght hubby wants to sent back some tool boxes.any help be great.every one thinks im mad returnin to ireland but i just never settled.best o luck with ur move back home.

HI, I used Seven Seas, 6 boxes for $650. Will take 90 days but its door to door. I'm going back to Tipperary on 20 July (I keep bringing my date forward). Where you headed to? I have a house in Clonmel but it looks like I've sold it, to the Co Co, so I get to start again in the town, as opposed to half way up the Comeraghs. Can't wait.

Guest legselevn

back to loais cant wait think it was a two big an ask (kids 6,3,2) no family here and hubby fifo .love beach sun parks in the summer oz an amazin place just not for me at the min. cant wait to see my 6 yr old coming home with homework eg english ,maths,science,and by the way a bit of history. .

Hi, We are using Kent removers they are in most states in Australia we got a good deal with them & having a 20ft container. I did get 6 companies out to quote us, one company put me off before they had even left my house at the time of coming to do the look round. My hubby is also taking tools but we are also leaving alot of items its not worth shipping back whell barrow ladders, lawn mowers & bits like that as they are cheap enough to buy again. Good luck & yell if you want to ask anything else :-)