At last im finally on my way home

Stuju

G'day everyone, I haven't posted on here for almost a year now but I decided to pop on to say Im finally on my way home :yes: Been here almost 6 years now, got my citizenship & leaving on the big white bird at the end of July, those that remember me as a regular poster on here years ago will know that this is what i have wanted for such a long time.

Maybe leaving one 18 year old daughter here in Oz as she does not want to come home with us, but will be great just to be where my heart & my 2 other daughters & parents are.

Guess i will have lots of questions in the coming weeks/months about removals, uk customs etc etc so would appreciate any tips/advice from anyone who has returned to the uk from oz

Thanks

Stuju

Geez Stuju..i remember you when i first joined PiO..have popped in & out myself..not only on PiO, but Aus & UK!..good to hear your news and wish you all the best with your journey home and settling back down where you want to be..even though unique to everyone, your experience of living in Aus and returning, i'm sure will be valuable advice to people here:wink:..i can understand how it feels with your children..it's very hard when you have them on both sides of the world..take care..

• 1 month later...
I remember you ~ Hello again, how are your plans to move back coming along now

Can I ask, what makes you want to return? Have you had the feeling for long?

We finally arrived here in Nov 2011 & as you can see, im already 'stalking' the moving back to the Uk threads! :eek:

You're still not settling then?

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update we only have 8 weeks left here in Oz now, removals are booked, mazda is sold, now in the process of selling hubbys Hyundai van (which i hope goes quick) youngest daughter has decided to return with us as she was going to stay here in oz & my oldest daughter in the uk is expecting a baby boy in October..........so life is looking good so excited & can't wait :-)

Guest bON72

Hi, I wish you all the luck in the world and so glad that your other daughter decided to go back with you. Im off home later this year too and looking into the best removal companies. Who did you decide on in the end. I live in Sydney so would appreciate any help. Will you be back before your daughter gives birth? What a lovely present when you get back being a grandma xx

Hi, I wish you all the luck in the world and so glad that your other daughter decided to go back with you. Im off home later this year too and looking into the best removal companies. Who did you decide on in the end. I live in Sydney so would appreciate any help. Will you be back before your daughter gives birth? What a lovely present when you get back being a grandma xx

Thank you, we had several companies round to quote us, i have learnt a few things from friends experiences of moving home as 5 sets of our friends have gone home in the last 4 years, i must admit i was not going to be pushed into anything by anyone as far as removals go & 3 out of the six companies we had to quote us put me off just being here at our house with either their bolshy attitude or be prepared to leave some items behind in case we dont get it all on the container what the hell you quote me you take it all !!! this was before they had even gotten a quote to us. we decided in the end to sue Kent movers (they are in sydney) and so far have been more than helpful & on the ball & great customer service too so i hope they continue all the way to our new door.

Guest The Pom Queen
Just a quick update we only have 8 weeks left here in Oz now, removals are booked, mazda is sold, now in the process of selling hubbys Hyundai van (which i hope goes quick) youngest daughter has decided to return with us as she was going to stay here in oz & my oldest daughter in the uk is expecting a baby boy in October..........so life is looking good so excited & can't wait :-)

Going to miss you Ju, hope you hang around Hun, 8 weeks will fly by. Lots of hugs k

Hi Stuju

Good luck with your move. We are leaving in 7 weeks - just wanted to ask what method you used to sell your car and how fast it went. I haven't advertised mine yet but I'm anxious as I don't want to get to the last week and not have it sold.

Thx

Hi Stuju

Good luck with your move. We are leaving in 7 weeks - just wanted to ask what method you used to sell your car and how fast it went. I haven't advertised mine yet but I'm anxious as I don't want to get to the last week and not have it sold.

Thx

If i was you i would get motivated selling it now, i put my mazda 6 on ebay had 11 watchers but not one bite, we have friends all over oz in different states & they all seem to say the same thing no one has any money to buy at the mo. We also advertised in the local paper & that brought in 2 phone calls & that was all. I did also put my car on the main rd into our suburb during the week with big signs in it also saying going overseas & a lady contacted me & brought it, to be honest we took a big drop from what we wanted as we didnt want to take a gamble & get stuck with it............ we currently have hubbys Hyundai iload on ebay as he travels to sydney each day so we cant just leave that on the side of the road. Hubby has sold quite a few motors here over the years (he been here alot longer than me) & they have all been sold by just sitting them on the side of the road.....good luck :-)

Hi Stuju

Thx

I used carsales.com.au wife's car sold in a couple of weeks, mine didn't get a sniff so rang a few dealers and sold it to them. Didn't get as much as I wanted but didn't do bad, worth ringing a few as prices were poles apart , god thing was it went when I wanted and o ly had to hire fr a couple of days.

Thanks for your help - I did just make a casual enquiry with a dealer and would have to drop appoximately 5k so I'm going to try carsales.com.au but not keen on having strangers call to my house - going to try at work as well. There is a spot near me on Joondalup Drive where cars seem to be left on the side of the road - never seem to see the same car there for too long, so that might be an option as well.

Thanks for the different options - food for thought :biggrin: