If you need girlie friends in Sydney

sha76

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not due out till July but will be keen to meet up and make new friends. I'll be working in North Sydney and will need to pick brains as to where to live. I'm hoping to stay in Newtown for the first 4 weeks or so. Looking forward to lots of things but particularly to the outdoor cinema, skiing, beach, bars and restaurants.

Cannot wait to get organised and get out there!

Hiya, my name is Emma I’ve been in Aus for almost 6 years now. I met a few mates on here a few years back when I first came over, really is an awesome way to meet people.

Would love to have a new group of mates from back home. I only have 1 friend that’s from the UK and 1 from Ireland left, everyone else I’ve met along the way as well as on here has now headed home. I love my Aussie and Kiwi mates, but at times, it’s a different friendship.

I’m living in Sutherland Shire with my Aussie boyfriend, but I work in the city, so if there are any meetups in the City or down my way being planned in the near future, give me a shout :biggrin:

Hey! Anyone want to meet me i live in Sydney inner west but work in City, add me on Facebook Natalie Trueman (profile pic me and my mum dark haired lady and me fair haired lady at the bottom!)

Hi,

I am new to Sydney. I have just been here a few days. I have just sent you a message on Facebook. I am located in the Hills district.

It would be good to make some new friends out here.

• 1 year later...

Hi girls, I'm moving to Sydney next week and will be living in Balmain. I immigrated from Scotland last year and have been struggling living and working in the Queensland outback! I'm looking forward to being back in the hustle and bustle again!

I love shopping, laughing, going out for food/drinks, cinema, yoga, music and i'm looking forward to exploring what Sydney has to offer!

Would love to meet up! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! i've been in Australia for 2.5 years. I've lived in Sydney for the past 1 year. I haven't got any English friends over here. I am living in the Sutherland shire so if anyone is living in the area and wants to meet up, let me know

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I moved over from the UK 13 months ago with my boyfriend and am missing my girly friends, would be great to meet up with some brits over here! We are living in Wentworth Point but I would travel to the city to meet up. Love going out for meals, drinks, coffee and festivals. Hope to meet up soon.

Katie

I've been here 6 months now and have met loads of people through Meetup.com

It's basically a site where people start groups up with like-minded people with particular interests or geographical areas - there are professional and business MeetUp's, social get togethers, singles MeetUps, etc. and pretty much everyone who turns up to the events is in the same boat as you, starting fresh in a new place and wanting to meet new people. There are the obligatory few socially inept weirdo's looking for a wife but generally the people are ok!! And as you're in a group, you can decide if it's your cup of tea when you get there and make your excuses if it's not your thing, there's no pressure. Generally though I've enjoyed the ones I've been to here in Sydney and have kept in touch with some of the people I've met.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi.

I moved here 4 days ago from living in Perth for 13 months. I'm keen to meet new girlie friends for chats and giggles. I also have 2 girls aged 7 and 5 so some play dates would be great too. I met a lot of friends through 'poms in Perth' and it really helped me settle in. I'm hoping to do the same in Sydney.

Hopefully hear from you soon :-) I'm based in Wahroonga x

Hi Melanie,

happy new year! Hope you guys are settling in well.

I would be very keen to meet up, not much on this week so let me know what works best for you.

**************Edited by moderator to remove phone number - send PM***************

cheers, May x

Hi.

I moved here 4 days ago from living in Perth for 13 months. I'm keen to meet new girlie friends for chats and giggles. I also have 2 girls aged 7 and 5 so some play dates would be great too. I met a lot of friends through 'poms in Perth' and it really helped me settle in. I'm hoping to do the same in Sydney.

Hopefully hear from you soon :-) I'm based in Wahroonga x

Edited by Ozmaniac
Removed phone number per forum rules

• 1 month later...

Hi May, Melanie, Donna marie, Katie & Rose!

Most of the meet ups we arrange ar ein Sydney sydney or in the inner suburbs as its easier for everyone to get to. You would all be very welcome to join us on our next meet up in March (possibly talking about a thai at a BYO in newtown or potts point), havent arranged details yet but will let you girls know! We have formed a really nice group of girls and everyon eis welcome! let us know if youre interested!

Natalie

Hi May, Melanie, Donna marie, Katie & Rose!

Most of the meet ups we arrange ar ein Sydney sydney or in the inner suburbs as its easier for everyone to get to. You would all be very welcome to join us on our next meet up in March (possibly talking about a thai at a BYO in newtown or potts point), havent arranged details yet but will let you girls know! We have formed a really nice group of girls and everyon eis welcome! let us know if youre interested!

Natalie

Hi Natalie

I'd def be up for that. Nothing beats a bottle of wine, good food and good company. Count me in ?

hello all - I'm not moving over until late-May but would love to join you when I arrive / whenever the next get together is during June-July (I would say summer but of course it won't be!...).

I'm in my late-30s, moving over from London with my Australian partner, no children. No idea where we'll be living yet but hopefully not too deep into suburbia.

I'll be looking for work as a PA/EA and boyf does IT stuff. Will probably be living with the father in law until one of us gets a job...

Edited by vickyplum

Hi all!

I've just moved to Sydney from London this week. I'm a digital marketer / designer and moved over for a new start in a new city.

Only just interviewing for jobs this coming week so if anyone fancies meeting up for a wine, coffee or food to talk about their experience so far, get in touch.

Still waiting on a replacement sim so only able to respond be email until next week.

@natalietrueman84 Would love to join the Newtown / Potts Point meetup if there's any spaces left?

Amanda

Edited by Guest